Home

User Input (swat/interception) Not Registering.

This is a discussion on User Input (swat/interception) Not Registering. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-26-2015, 10:13 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 3
User Input (swat/interception) Not Registering.

I think after multiple games and hours in practice I can say with reasonable certainty that safety responsiveness is glitched.

I touched upon this in my impressions, and the inconsistencies in the many instances that I have come over in games and in practice to help with a safety on a pass have substantiated my concerns. Its been a hit or miss experience that generally has me feeling helpless on deep passes.

Im not the biggest fan of how canned the whole wr/db interaction is, so what I decided I would do is master coming over with a safety and making a more independent impact on the play. What I soon discovered is that on many of my attempts to break up a pass, or make a play on the ball, my command was simply ignored. I initially discovered this when I was trying to get the hang of the game on all-madden and kept giving up big plays after playing stout defense. I chunked up the plays to user error or bad play call.

Well ive gotten substantially better at the game, gotten a good grasp on the mechanics and am certain my swat and interception attempts are getting disabled about 4-5 out of 10 times. To prove this I went to practice, chose “shot” plays for the computer and 2-man under for myself. As the safety I would beat the wr/cb to the spot, position myself perfectly and be it a swat or pick attempt, it would consistently be inconsistent. Here is an example.

I cant say exactly what may be causing this, and I looked diligently in an effort to ensure this post is as constructive as possible, but I cant put a finger on it. Initially it seemed as if the input was being disabled to allow the two-player animation to play out, then I would get an interception that would poke a gaping hole in that theory, so im stumped. I've also noticed terrible pursuit angles by safties exacerbated by speed boosts by RAC catches, but that's a subject for another thread entirely.

What I want to know is, has anyone else noticed this and if so, what are you doing to combat it?

Last edited by 2_headedmonster; 08-27-2015 at 12:03 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2015, 10:43 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: User Input (swat/interception) Not Registering.

I'm with you on the canned animations. it's like they took user control skills (Both offensively and defensively) out of the game completely.

Looks pretty to the 10 year old who still lives at home but to those of us who liked showcasing our skills, especially in H2H, those days seem to be gone
Old 08-27-2015, 08:14 AM   #3
MVP

Yea it's a major turn off. But i added the video example just to make it clear that I'm not fabricating issues. Hopefully this can get some attention from a dev who can give some insight.
Old 08-27-2015, 08:24 AM   #4
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Your going to have two camps drawing lines in the sand now.

They designed the WR/DB this way and they are not changing it for M16. No way.

Steer your DB/LB/S while holding down how you want to play the ball to trigger the animation.

If you don't want canned animations then you will not get the interaction looking as nice as it is.

Those of us on the other side are really digging the animations and interaction and the fact that you can let the Cpu trigger it based on traits and ratings or if you want to user it...by all means.

They finally make a major change and put in WR/DB animations and now the user skill stick jockeys are going to get up in arms.

Hey I get it. That's how "you" play. But Madden can't make two games. They are trying to hear the simulation community for game play changes while trying to keep the arcade, joystick players happy too. And then you have sim players who like to user input everything and that's where some players (in this very thread) fall into as well.

It's a fine line and I don't envy the developers as they have tough design decisions to make every cycle. Some I agree with,some you agree with, some we both disagree and agree.

It's a tug of war between 100% user input guys to guys like me who do play the game but also allow the AI to make some decisions (dice role) based results.

I empathize with both sides. I think M16 is a hell of game this year and the best playing Madden football game we have ever seen to date.

I hope and pray they don't undo the progress of the WR/DB animations this year as they are stunning in action. I have seen some amazing plays/moments in my short time with the game already.

Could not be happier.
Madden 21 (PS5)
Dragons Dogma 2 (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 08-27-2015, 08:27 AM   #5
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoops737
I'm with you on the canned animations. it's like they took user control skills (Both offensively and defensively) out of the game completely.

Looks pretty to the 10 year old who still lives at home but to those of us who liked showcasing our skills, especially in H2H, those days seem to be gone
I am 45, play in an online H2H league.

We are very pumped how well the game plays this year.
Madden 21 (PS5)
Dragons Dogma 2 (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2015, 09:43 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Your going to have two camps drawing lines in the sand now.

They designed the WR/DB this way and they are not changing it for M16. No way.

Steer your DB/LB/S while holding down how you want to play the ball to trigger the animation.

If you don't want canned animations then you will not get the interaction looking as nice as it is.

Those of us on the other side are really digging the animations and interaction and the fact that you can let the Cpu trigger it based on traits and ratings or if you want to user it...by all means.

They finally make a major change and put in WR/DB animations and now the user skill stick jockeys are going to get up in arms.

Hey I get it. That's how "you" play. But Madden can't make two games. They are trying to hear the simulation community for game play changes while trying to keep the arcade, joystick players happy too. And then you have sim players who like to user input everything and that's where some players (in this very thread) fall into as well.

It's a fine line and I don't envy the developers as they have tough design decisions to make every cycle. Some I agree with,some you agree with, some we both disagree and agree.

It's a tug of war between 100% user input guys to guys like me who do play the game but also allow the AI to make some decisions (dice role) based results.

I empathize with both sides. I think M16 is a hell of game this year and the best playing Madden football game we have ever seen to date.

I hope and pray they don't undo the progress of the WR/DB animations this year as they are stunning in action. I have seen some amazing plays/moments in my short time with the game already.

Could not be happier.
You some how made this solely about the wr/db interaction when this is about the occasionally unresponsive controls. Not sure why my topic would cause a divide. Should i NOT be able to make a play on the ball if im not in the canimation?
Old 08-27-2015, 10:02 AM   #7
Rookie

Oldsmobile19's Arena

The game is tailored more towards beginners in my opinion. It seems like they completely took out timing when you plan you jumps as a WR or DB. Just press one of the action buttons while the ball is on the air and steer your player towards the ball and hope for the best.

https://www.youtube.com/user/oldsmobile19
Old 08-27-2015, 11:08 AM   #8
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoops737

I'm really enjoying M16 right now, but I am noticing the "pre-determined" animations also. There's times where I as a DB I beat the WR to the spot and hit Y thinking he'd jump straight up, but I got an animation that put the WR in a favorable position instead.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »