Home

Player behavior at 1st-Down Line and Goalline

This is a discussion on Player behavior at 1st-Down Line and Goalline within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2016, 07:53 PM   #1
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42
Player behavior at 1st-Down Line and Goalline

It seems to me that my players have an incredibly poor sense of the "line to gain" or lack the effort/ability to lean forward and/or fight for it. Has anyone else experienced a disproportionate number of offensive players getting stopped just inches short of a TD or 1st-Down? And not only stopped, but quite literally insta-tackled and brought down without much awareness of desire on their part.

I'm aware of the "fights for yards" trait but I'm not sure if this is even such an issue. Is there another attribute, trait or slider that needs to be adjusted? Or am I just imagining things?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2016, 08:27 PM   #2
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Player behavior at 1st-Down Line and Goalline

I agree with this 1000% It pains me to feel this way, because I am vehemently non conspiratorial, but I feel like the game manufactures way too many "and inches" situations.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 09-19-2016, 08:27 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

You are not alone. Plenty of times where an outstretched arm would've made a TD. Or a dive (which is really rare in game)

I chalk it up to video game S***...
Old 09-19-2016, 09:26 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 1

I thought I was the only one. I probably get 2-3 of these a game where I come up inches short

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 09-19-2016, 09:30 PM   #5
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0

So bad when the cpu needs 5 yards for a first down, they throw 4.5 yard out and instead of turning up for the first the guy just runs straight out of bounds
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2016, 11:19 PM   #6
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juve
I thought I was the only one. I probably get 2-3 of these a game where I come up inches short

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
I wish I got 2 or 3, I'm not being hyperbolic when I say I get about 7 or 8 a game.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 09-20-2016, 06:12 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

I used to get this all the time in last year's game, not quite as bad this year as lasts. But the thing that really seems to plague is when I throw to a drag route on 3rd down and the receiver will always do a possession catch and go down before they even touch the first down line when they could have easily stayed on their feet to make the catch and got the first down, the thing that angers me the most about it though, is that when I see that about to happen and I try to push square for a RAC the game ignores me and proceeds with the possession catch and falling short of the first down.
Old 09-20-2016, 08:56 AM   #8
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
So bad when the cpu needs 5 yards for a first down, they throw 4.5 yard out and instead of turning up for the first the guy just runs straight out of bounds
This one kills me. I can't stand how often a CPU WR or TE or HB makes a catch near the sideline and are far enough away from defenders to squeeze out another few yards and instead they just run out of bounds. Sometimes this costs the CPU a 1st down. I hate how it makes the CPU less Competitive.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »