Home

Some Patch Questions Answered

This is a discussion on Some Patch Questions Answered within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2015, 11:27 PM   #1
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
Some Patch Questions Answered

Tweet from Kolbe.
https://twitter.com/kolbel/status/638912142482243584

https://www.reddit.com/r/Madden/comm...ing_questions/

Hopefully this link works, not sure its real solid info, but atleast something.

Quote:
OK so, not all of your questions are being answered here... I'm trying to provide some context to the process as there seems to be some confusion around how things (aka making console games) work. Here is a simplified version of a typical release and patch cycle:
We finish the game and validate through internal QA.

We pass it off to Sony and Microsoft for approval. This timeline is long before we hit the street.
The entire team goes into "play the game mode" on a more full time basis. Our goal is to find as many things as possible and get them in the launch day patch (which we delivered for early access this year).

Once the game is released to the masses, we scour reviews, twitter, Reddit and other forums looking for every piece of feedback we can find. We compile all of it (and start fixing the most important ones right away). A point I'd like ot make here - You, our fans, due to the nature of Madden's scale, play more games in a single launch night that we can possibly get in a full year of testing.

Next, two things happen simultaneously.

We can get some immediate fixes via server/data/tuning, but not everything can be fixed like that. I say immediate, but even server changes take a lot of testing before we can release it.
Some things can't be fixed with a server update so we need to prepare and test what most people think of as a patch. These changes have to go through the Sony/Microsoft approval process again, which takes a lot of time. Because of that we tend to group up changes and submit them all at once.

Believe me, no one wants you guys to have the fixes in your hands more than us. That's why were here reading forums, answering your questions where we can, and looking for feedback. This is what we talk about in the office every day for weeks around launch...even after we go home for the night... and to our wives. You guys could be playing any game, but you chose to spend some time with us, and we appreciate that.

I want to engage with you all, and where I have time and am able, I will respond to your questions to the best of my ability. If there are things you'd like fixed, talk about it. If you can keep it constructive and be clear about what it is, that only makes it easier for us to understand it and take a look at it. Plus, it makes it more fun to be here.

TL;DR - We've made a lot of fixes since launch to server/data/tuning, and have been working on even more for a patch. We wish the patch was instantaneous, but the process for a console game can take longer than either you or we like. I'm open to direct messages and summons via the /u/kolbel links embedded into a post. Just please understand that while I will try to answer most questions, I wont be able to answer everything with the EXACT clarity you wish for due to constraints outside of my control.

TL;DR for TL;DR - We've already fixed some stuff, more coming soon. Solid dates are hard. Please continue to provide constructive feedback.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.

Last edited by BadAssHskr; 09-01-2015 at 11:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2015, 12:10 AM   #2
Flyin' High

Birdman18's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Some Patch Questions Answered

Doesn't really tell us anything we didn't already know

www.techraptor.net
Old 09-02-2015, 12:31 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Agreed, Enjoying the game a bit more this year. However, He should've at least said how long until Sony/MS get the patch. I am much less hopeful it'll be coming soon after hearing this. I remember Rex saying no way it'll be 6 weeks. Also, the main bugs would not require millions of games for data like he mentioned. The not reworking the future rookie ratings seems like a brain fart. How can you redo ratings but not draft classes?
Old 09-02-2015, 12:34 AM   #4
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by number1thumbs
I am much less hopeful it'll be coming soon after hearing this. I remember Rex saying no way it'll be 6 weeks.
Well, the game has only been out for one week so there are still five weeks for his statement to be correct.
Old 09-02-2015, 12:38 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by number1thumbs
How can you redo ratings but not draft classes?
I've seen far larger brain farts happen in the workplace when people work in silos and don't communicate well. They're just a lot less public than when an EA does it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2015, 12:40 AM   #6
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Patch this...

https://youtu.be/9t041lIov8Y
Old 09-02-2015, 12:47 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Well, the game has only been out for one week so there are still five weeks for his statement to be correct.
What worries me is that it seems as if they're a bit away from sending to Sony/MS. Add in the time it takes them test it, and you could be looking at a month.
Not saying 6 weeks is really any type of deadline, but a lot of peeps like myself are itching to start a cfm that plays well. Fifa, CoD, and NBA on the horizon, and once again I probably won't ever get into my favorite mode to play.
Old 09-02-2015, 10:12 AM   #8
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

i don't really know much about reddit, but wondering why he's having the conversation with them, and not us?

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »