Home

CPU vs. CPU in offline franchise mode? (Madden NFL 15)

This is a discussion on CPU vs. CPU in offline franchise mode? (Madden NFL 15) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2014, 10:24 AM   #1
Banned

PatsSB2015's Arena

OVR: 0
CPU vs. CPU in offline franchise mode? (Madden NFL 15)

The last two Maddens didn't allow CPU vs. CPU in its franchise/CFM mode. Perhaps this year will be the year it makes a return.

It's understandable that games are meant to be played, but this is a feature that many love to utilize for their franchise universe. People like me want to make teams and watch it all play out; we want to be the architect, not the guy with the jackhammer. We want to see what happens in a theoretical universe. I want to, in the purest sense, simulate. It was so much fun to set up my franchises and watch the teams and players thrive and struggle. The CPU vs. CPU would put on great shows, playing out in many different ways. Shut outs, down to the wire, huge come from behinds, etc.

I'd like to see this return and figured I'd make this thread to confirm if it's in or out either way. Also, to report any news on workarounds. Last year, there was a way to do CPU vs. CPU in CFM, but it was tedious to do and didn't have control of the roster. I did it though. Others might want to as well.

Last edited by PatsSB2015; 06-02-2014 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Screwed up headline.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2014, 11:27 AM   #2
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: CPU vs. CPU in offline franchise mode? (Madden NFL 15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsSB2015
The last two Maddens didn't allow CPU vs. CPU in its franchise/CFM mode. Perhaps this year will be the year it makes a return.

It's understandable that games are meant to be played, but this is a feature that many love to utilize for their franchise universe. People like me want to make teams and watch it all play out; we want to be the architect, not the guy with the jackhammer. We want to see what happens in a theoretical universe. I want to, in the purest sense, simulate. It was so much fun to set up my franchises and watch the teams and players thrive and struggle. The CPU vs. CPU would put on great shows, playing out in many different ways. Shut outs, down to the wire, huge come from behinds, etc.

I'd like to see this return and figured I'd make this thread to confirm if it's in or out either way. Also, to report any news on workarounds. Last year, there was a way to do CPU vs. CPU in CFM, but it was tedious to do and didn't have control of the roster. I did it though. Others might want to as well.
I agree that CPU vs. CPU should be added back into the game. I didn't really buy into the reasoning behind why they had to take it out. Is it for everyone, no, but a lot of people enjoy it.
Old 06-02-2014, 01:12 PM   #3
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

I still currently play a 32 team control franchise in M12 and I CPUvCPU the games I want to watch and it is still fun. I borrowed Madden 25 from a friend, had difficulty just trying to get all 32 teams under my control and bam. No CPUvCPU. It's really a basic feature and I'm still not sure why it's missing. Hopefully it'll make its return and I'll consider buying Madden again.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 06-02-2014, 01:28 PM   #4
Banned

PatsSB2015's Arena

re: CPU vs. CPU in offline franchise mode? (Madden NFL 15)

Yeah, I was told that because of the XP and some other stuff, CPU vs. CPU couldn't be added or else the game would crash or go buggy. However, someone on here last year posted a workaround to do a poor man's CPU vs CPU. You needed to select 32 players for each franchise, turn off injuries, select 3rd string QBs, you needed two controllers on for the games, and the CPU would do the rest. You were married to the roster you entered in with and the computer managed the franchises as it saw fit. You have to really go out of your way to do it, but it could be done. The CPU vs. CPU worked flawlessly. No crashes or no real buggy issues. Nothing not already in the game anyway. I think they could have patched it in if they really wanted to, but then again...maybe it would have taken away too much time.

This year, there's no excuse. They know people want it in and it's very doable. I'm at least hoping the workaround is still in there if nothing else.
Old 06-02-2014, 01:33 PM   #5
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsSB2015
Yeah, I was told that because of the XP and some other stuff, CPU vs. CPU couldn't be added or else the game would crash or go buggy. However, someone on here last year posted a workaround to do a poor man's CPU vs CPU. You needed to select 32 players for each franchise, turn off injuries, select 3rd string QBs, you needed two controllers on for the games, and the CPU would do the rest. You were married to the roster you entered in with and the computer managed the franchises as it saw fit. You have to really go out of your way to do it, but it could be done. The CPU vs. CPU worked flawlessly. No crashes or no real buggy issues. Nothing not already in the game anyway. I think they could have patched it in if they really wanted to, but then again...maybe it would have taken away too much time.

This year, there's no excuse. They know people want it in and it's very doable. I'm at least hoping the workaround is still in there if nothing else.
Amen. It just kinda hurts as a game consumer when the company removes perfectly fine features. We'll have to see come August, unless we hear about it before then.

Last edited by MajorSupreme; 06-02-2014 at 02:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2014, 01:47 PM   #6
Banned

PatsSB2015's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSupreme
Amen. It just kinda hurts as a hame consumer when the company removes perfectly fine features. We'll have to see come August, unless we hear about it before then.

We should be able to know before the game comes out. I can't see why we wouldn't be able to know. CPU vs. CPU for franchise was taken out before. For the 360, it was taken out of Madden NFL 07 and 08, but was put back in 09 and stayed until 13. I don't have a Xbox One or PS4 yet. I'm waiting until next year, but hopefully it will be available again for all consoles this year.
Old 06-02-2014, 02:11 PM   #7
Banned

PatsSB2015's Arena

CM Hooe or any other moderator: Is there a way to fix my headline? I meant to put CPU vs. CPU and not PU vs. CPU. It was an honest mistake. It's fixed inside the thread, but not on the boards. Any way this can be corrected would be awesome. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-03-2014, 06:13 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
I agree that CPU vs. CPU should be added back into the game. I didn't really buy into the reasoning behind why they had to take it out. Is it for everyone, no, but a lot of people enjoy it.
I couldnt agree more. I hope Its in the game. All other big sports games have this essential feature.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »