Home

Hint at stretched out ratings?

This is a discussion on Hint at stretched out ratings? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-16-2016, 10:21 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Hint at stretched out ratings?

http://youtu.be/dY2q-e4bZnA?a

About a minute into this interview with SimFootballCritic and Clint Oldenburg, Clint mentions that they stretched out ratings to separate a star like Aaron Donald from a B type player. I for one have been waiting for them to stretch the ratings as this could make elite players stick out. Another possible improvement that I have to give props to this dev team for.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2016, 10:32 PM   #2
Rookie

Allball76's Arena

Re: Hint at stretched out ratings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanB_DanB
http://youtu.be/dY2q-e4bZnA?a

About a minute into this interview with SimFootballCritic and Clint Oldenburg, Clint mentions that they stretched out ratings to separate a star like Aaron Donald from a B type player. I for one have been waiting for them to stretch the ratings as this could make elite players stick out. Another possible improvement that I have to give props to this dev team for.
Yep been waiting for this ! Rex said it was somthing they wanted better was for a player like suh to play elite .With the tiers running back should feel diffrent also only the elite WR should make spec catches . In some video some who played the game said Cam Newton strong arm made a big difference in passing in tight spots where Teddy Brigwater couldn't ! A lot of ppl want FBG ratings but if they spread ratings out better this will be good !

Last edited by Allball76; 06-16-2016 at 10:41 PM.
Old 06-16-2016, 10:48 PM   #3
Pro

Let's hope
Old 06-16-2016, 10:58 PM   #4
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

This will last till about the 4th or 5th roster update, like the last time they stretched out ratings.

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Old 06-16-2016, 11:08 PM   #5
Go Pack Go!!

NateDogPack12's Arena

This could be a pretty good thread, but I think it's very important that we establish from the outset what exactly we are talking about since the usual negative nannies are already bashing what Clint said.

When he talks about stretching the ratings, he's not talking about a FIFA style algorithm where only 1% of players are in the 90's. He's instead talking about improvements to the game that result in the elite players visibly being more dominant on the field.

So, no - this advancement isn't anything that will be done away with via roster updates. Instead, it represents a fundamental change in the gameplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2016, 11:13 PM   #6
Pro

michapop9's Arena

OVR: 9

So what youre saying natedogg is that the ratings arent going to be stretched literally, rather theres going to be a greater difference between a low 80's player or rating to a high 80's rating or overall? Did you just glean this from that one Oldenburg interview?
Old 06-16-2016, 11:14 PM   #7
Rookie

Allball76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateDogPack12
This could be a pretty good thread, but I think it's very important that we establish from the outset what exactly we are talking about since the usual negative nannies are already bashing what Clint said.

When he talks about stretching the ratings, he's not talking about a FIFA style algorithm where only 1% of players are in the 90's. He's instead talking about improvements to the game that result in the elite players visibly being more dominant on the field.

So, no - this advancement isn't anything that will be done away with via roster updates. Instead, it represents a fundamental change in the gameplay.
I love to see FIFA style ratings then we be talking !
Old 06-16-2016, 11:16 PM   #8
Go Pack Go!!

NateDogPack12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by michapop9
So what youre saying natedogg is that the ratings arent going to be stretched literally, rather theres going to be a greater difference between a low 80's player or rating to a high 80's rating or overall? Did you just glean this from that one Oldenburg interview?
That's exactly it and I think it's fairly obvious from the great interview Sim did with Clint that's what he's referencing.

There was also a tweet where Rex compared Aaron Donald and Sharriff Floyd and said the elite Donald would stand out. Of course the Vikings fans were butthurt and it made my day.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »