Home

Offensive Playbooks M16

This is a discussion on Offensive Playbooks M16 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2015, 12:50 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Offensive Playbooks M16

Whats everyone's favorite Offensive playbooks in Madden 16? In Madden 15 I really liked KC's and STL's. This year i'm not a fan of either, I like a playbook with decent amount of runs that include a FB and also have a nice diversity of 3 and 4 WR sets. I just can't seem to find a Playbook this year that I like so looking for suggestions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2015, 01:02 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Offensive Playbooks M16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crzy25
Whats everyone's favorite Offensive playbooks in Madden 16? In Madden 15 I really liked KC's and STL's. This year i'm not a fan of either, I like a playbook with decent amount of runs that include a FB and also have a nice diversity of 3 and 4 WR sets. I just can't seem to find a Playbook this year that I like so looking for suggestions.
As I run with OAK, I also have a tough time finding a playbook that has enough ways to feature Marcel Reece, who is a matchup nightmare at the FB position.

I noticed that BUF has some good plays for the FB, as does BAL.

Another thing to consider is teams that run lots of single back sets, as your FB, if he's got really unique skills, can be the lone back in that set to get some good plays.

Personally, the ones I look for include angle and wheel routes out of the backfield, as well as the occasional FB screen. I know BUF has that play.
Old 10-09-2015, 01:17 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
As I run with OAK, I also have a tough time finding a playbook that has enough ways to feature Marcel Reece, who is a matchup nightmare at the FB position.

I noticed that BUF has some good plays for the FB, as does BAL.

Another thing to consider is teams that run lots of single back sets, as your FB, if he's got really unique skills, can be the lone back in that set to get some good plays.

Personally, the ones I look for include angle and wheel routes out of the backfield, as well as the occasional FB screen. I know BUF has that play.
Thanks for the response, I didn't mean FB running plays I meant a playbook with 2 back sets. I play with Miami and their mostly a shotgun team and dont even have a FB on the roster. I hate running plays out of the shotgun to i like I formations and strong and weak I formations that include a lead blocker.
Old 10-09-2015, 02:05 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crzy25
Thanks for the response, I didn't mean FB running plays I meant a playbook with 2 back sets. I play with Miami and their mostly a shotgun team and dont even have a FB on the roster. I hate running plays out of the shotgun to i like I formations and strong and weak I formations that include a lead blocker.
Peep BAL, then. They have the most 2-back sets, I think, of any book. They have multiple I, Strong I, and Weak I sets but don't have the Full House sets that I personally don't like.

BUF has lots of 2 back sets as well but more tosses and wide runs, so it's a better book for a speed based running attack, whereas BAL seems more of a power running attack.
Old 10-09-2015, 04:40 PM   #5
Pro

silver281gt's Arena

OVR: 3

Nice post, I was just about to search for a good I form playbook. I personally don't like to go with more the 3 wr sets.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2016, 12:43 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Peep BAL, then. They have the most 2-back sets, I think, of any book. They have multiple I, Strong I, and Weak I sets but don't have the Full House sets that I personally don't like.

BUF has lots of 2 back sets as well but more tosses and wide runs, so it's a better book for a speed based running attack, whereas BAL seems more of a power running attack.
Good tip. I'm playing a CFM with JAX as I prepare for Madden 17. TJ Yeldon is a power back and so are the backs I've added via the draft. I also allow the Coach Suggestions to be my coordinators and don't see enough runs called for my liking. In my last preseason game I'll switch to the BAL playbook for O.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »