Home

Madden 17 Franchise Plans

This is a discussion on Madden 17 Franchise Plans within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2016, 08:35 PM   #1
MVP

SuperSeahawks's Arena

OVR: 14
Madden 17 Franchise Plans

With Madden 17 about a month away, what are your plans for your franchise this year?

I'll be re-building the Cleveland Browns for my franchise. I allow myself 1 small trade before the franchise and will probably swap Cody Kessler for Cardale Jones (without knowing his ratings) as he is someone I would like to build up and make him the franchise QB. I'll make a custom playbook with some spread formations and a lot of two TE formations. I'll actually only run plays out of Singleback, Pistol, and Shotgun. RGIII will probably start year 1 and hopefully he can provide a spark (and perhaps come the franchise if he plays lights out)

Defensively I'll try to run a 3-4 base even though I've always been a 4-3 type of player as I don't like to blitz a lot. It should be a lot of fun to build them up as the Browns have been terrible for the most part since the late 60's (except for the Schottenheimer era). The AFC North is always tough and the extra picks from the Eagles will speed up the rebuild....

PSN: SeahawkFan11OS

GT: SuperSeahawks

Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2016, 08:48 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 17 Franchise Plans

HTTR 2017 Super Bowl Champs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-24-2016, 03:10 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Being that I'm a newly minted LA Rams fan (23 years old so I had 0 memory of an NFL team being in the LA area and was a Colts fan the last few years) I'm going to be taking the reigns of that franchise. If Reggie Bush doesn't have a team by release date I'm probably going to sign him to see him run wild in the Coliseum again. Probably won't do too much to change the team outside of that.

Hopefully will be able to go between 7-9 and 9-7 with them in year one. Goff is definitely starting out of the gate for me unless Keenum balls out in pre-season.
Old 07-24-2016, 08:29 AM   #4
Rookie

Take my Texan's to the promised land. Lamar Miller is going to be heavily featured in the run
and pass games. I am going to use Fuller to stretch the defense, Hopkins to work the middle and precision routes, and B. Miller will be my wild card jack of all trades, slot receiver type of guy.

Defensively, we have a great unit but I prefer the 4-3 with our personnel. Clowney will move to his more natural position at the rde spot, and Mercilus to the lde spot. Watt will be moved to DT and terrorize the interior offensive line of any team we play. B McKinney will move outside and we will have a rotation at the other OLB spot, but if I can get a very athletic OLB in the udfa pool, I'll add them in. Watt will hopefully be back from injury and I'll be hunting for his 4th dpoy award.

In the offseason, first and foremost, find a good move TE. Second, find a dt to play opposite Watt since Wilfork will likely retire. Then beef up the OL, good guards and new right tackle. Find one, hopefully two safeties. If Osweiler is the man, develop him, if not, hunt for a franchise qb in the draft. Search for a future at MLB as Cushing has had injury issues and will be 30 next year. If Jonathan Joseph holds up we will be set at CB with Kareem Jackson and Kevin Johnson for a year or two, but as a secondary need I'll be looking for a fast, athletic corner.

I like their current roster on paper. It just depends on how they play in game. I won't make too many changes other than filling out the back end of the secondary and replacing guys as they decline or retire.
Old 07-24-2016, 09:09 AM   #5
Rookie

Since this will be my first year really doing an in-depth franchise, I will try and take my Panthers back to the Super Bowl and avenge their loss.

On offense, led by the reigning MVP, Cam Newton will be at the forefront, ready to take the next step in his progress. He will also have help from the returning Kelvin Benjamin from injury. Putting the 6-5 wideout across the field from the 6-4 second year man out of Michigan Devin Funchess will create nightmares in the red zone. J-Stew returns to anchor the running back position, but the question is for how much longer. It's only a matter of time before his old legs catch up to him.

Defensively, the team must account for the lost of All-Pro corner Josh Norman. His swagger and style will surely be missed, but it's up to the trio of rookies to fill that void. Across from Bene Benwikere and co-NFC interception leader Kurt Coleman, they will need to learn the system to succeed. They will be helped by one of the most dominant front 7s in the league anchored by 2013 NFL DPOY Luke Kuechly. With him being the quarterback of the defense, they should return to their dominant ways.

I'm super excited for franchise mode this year in Madden NFL 17 and being able to lead my favorite team back to The Big One, only this time, with a different outcome
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2016, 10:13 AM   #6
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

I plan on using the up and coming Tennessee Titans... See if Super Mariota can lead them back to the playoffs with his new found weapons.

Im really excited!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 07-24-2016, 10:54 AM   #7
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Either one or the other.

If we are allowed to switch sides during franchise games then I'm going to do a 32 team franchise and play every game switching sides to whoever is on offense.

If not possible then take my Chicago Bears and continue the rebuild.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Old 07-24-2016, 12:15 PM   #8
Rookie

Mr.Tennessee's Arena

I'm being a homer and going with the Titans.

Excited for Mariota's sophomore season. I'm using Derrick Henry as my goal-line back, shooting for 20tds and Rookie of the year. Henry and Dodd should be 80's by the season end (reworking of overalls might delay this) so I can look for a replacement if Murray doesn't work out and I can have a solid rotation guy for Orakpo and Morgan. Our cornerbacks are still lacking so I'll probably address that in the offseason.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »