Home

Madden '17 Franchise Improvements

This is a discussion on Madden '17 Franchise Improvements within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2016, 06:55 PM   #1
Pro

TurboTitan's Arena

OVR: 6
Madden '17 Franchise Improvements

I have admittedly been slacking on keeping up with the new features & improvements this year for Madden.....between work and family, there just hasn't been enough time in each day!

That being said, can anyone point me towards a thread or some bullet points that would list the improvements/features being added to Franchise Mode? This is really the only mode I invest any time in each year. I did a search, but couldn't find what I was looking for. I'm interested if we have editable draft classes, player editing inside of franchise......those kind of improvements or changes.

Thanks for any help and info guys! Again, I tried searching prior but just couldn't find what I was looking for. Have a great evening fellas!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2016, 06:57 PM   #2
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden '17 Franchise Improvements

https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/features/franchise
Old 08-04-2016, 07:32 PM   #3
MVP

wildcatchild's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008

I'm assuming the improved edit player feature would not allow you to the edit names of generated rookies in Connected Franchise. That makes me sad. Guess I will be passing on Madden again this year.
Old 08-04-2016, 07:40 PM   #4
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcatchild
I'm assuming the improved edit player feature would not allow you to the edit names of generated rookies in Connected Franchise. That makes me sad. Guess I will be passing on Madden again this year.
For accuracy's sake: you may edit player names of any generated player once he is a member of any team's active roster. The first opportunity you have to edit such a player is the Draft Results screen.

It's not as good as editing rookies before they are drafted, no. It is, however, better than not being able to edit names at all.
Old 08-04-2016, 09:55 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Just realized how awesome and convenient it'd be if there was a way to sort just through the rookies on a roster screen.. How they normally sort by team "Bengals, Bills, Broncos, Browns, etc" and then ALL-NFL.. a "Rookie" tab would be a huge assist in editing an incoming class. Being able to sort thru each attribute just within a rookie class would allow me to keep it somewhat close to the madden class but still call it my own without having to sort team by team looking for which teams have the higher rated rookies..
I'd really love to edit a small bunch of stud players, whether it be college prospects/friends/recreated classic players/movie stars, without flooding certain classes with too many high rated guys. In 2k and older maddens, this method kept me really engaged in the my offline franchise, seeing stud players of all ages throughout the league that I created. Kept the connection strong thru many years past year 5!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2016, 10:05 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 0

Funny you should mention that, I just got done with an interview covering most of them with John White himself. We even talked about some of the lesser talked about changes that didn't make the "back of the box" list.

https://youtu.be/jrUwvbFPYQg
Old 08-04-2016, 11:40 PM   #7
Pro

TurboTitan's Arena

OVR: 6

Thanks fellas, the info you've provided is much appreciated! This may be the first Madden I have actually been "excited" about in years, since we can finally at least edit player names in Franchise.
Old 08-05-2016, 03:52 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboTitan
Thanks fellas, the info you've provided is much appreciated! This may be the first Madden I have actually been "excited" about in years, since we can finally at least edit player names in Franchise.
Haven't seen you post in years....

I remember you from the old madden mania forums for sliders...

How have you been?

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »