Home

Madden 17 QB accuracy

This is a discussion on Madden 17 QB accuracy within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-19-2016, 03:34 PM   #137
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Madden 17 QB accuracy

Hell even great QBs flat out miss on deep passes pretty often. I vividly remember both Manning and Brady having balls land either short or in front of an intended WR with no play on the ball. It happens all the time league wide.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 08-19-2016, 03:36 PM   #138
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
Hell even great QBs flat out miss on deep passes pretty often. I vividly remember both Manning and Brady having balls land either short or in front of an intended WR with no play on the ball. It happens all the time league wide.
Yeah this game makes it look like the qb's are playing catch with a friend and not dealing with any pressure.
Old 08-19-2016, 03:37 PM   #139
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
I want more overthrows and misses on deep throws for sure. But it is a thin line between fun and realistic and frustrating and random.
Old 08-19-2016, 03:38 PM   #140
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzayla
Yeah this game makes it look like the qb's are playing catch with a friend and not dealing with any pressure.
This could be another potential adjustment-opening up what "under pressure" means for QBs, widening that radius.
Old 08-19-2016, 03:41 PM   #141
Rookie

MiamiWarrior's Arena

OVR: 2

I actually played a game against the Jets with the Cardnials and Ryan Fitzpatrick didn't complete a ton of passes. He had a bunch of overthrows. I was playing on All-Pro

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2016, 03:44 PM   #142
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzayla
So is it confirmed that lowering qb accuracy does not really help to make passes go off target by much?
The issue lies in "Special Catch" ratings, 70 and under will trigger that "just out of reach" animation.
- it minimizes the catch radius

You can try and tackle the situation from a slider side, but will end up dealing with Slideritis as other areas of gameplay are impacted.
Old 08-19-2016, 03:46 PM   #143
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

Against the CPU I can make it throw bad passes by taking away the short receiver...

I played one game of H2H Draft Champions and my opponent was still able to roll outside the tackle and make the long pass on target; and of course, the roll out allow the receiver the advantage of more time to get open, which they will...His QB was Tyrod Taylor...So I assume, once again, users are going to go after these scrambling QB's and just roll them out all the time.

I do hope that the fumble frequency stays the same as to what I have seen; because that should help to balance out the ability of these running Quarterbacks to perform to a level far beyond what would be normal in an NFL game against most defenses..
Old 08-19-2016, 03:57 PM   #144
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Anyone going to test the low end of the spectrum before Tuesday's release date?

Say, All-Madden with QBA at 10 for HUM & CPU?
That's always my first order of business out of the box. I always start at 15 for both CPU/HUM. What I've seen so far is that 15 will be too low for HUM and too high for CPU. Using the Browns with RG3, I damn near couldn't complete a single pass, while Green Bay (CPU) was still too accurate. I think I'm going to move in increments of 2 from there. Will try 17/13 for HUM/CPU respectively, and report back later on. Yes, definitely will create errant passes for player controlled QBs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »