Home

Madden 18 wishlist thread

This is a discussion on Madden 18 wishlist thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-06-2016, 04:23 PM   #129
MVP

underdog13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 18 wishlist thread

Being able to switch side mid game in cfm
Old 12-06-2016, 08:08 PM   #130
Rookie

Exclamation Re: Madden 18 wishlist thread

Here's my list so far.....

PLAYER CONTRACT NEGOTIATIONS

PLEASE (For the love of God) ADD what THE PLAYER is asking IN ADDITION TO his fair market value if he were a Free Agent & what my staff recommends I offer to him (As the owner of the Broncos, I LOST Von Miller AND DeMarcus Ware over SIGNING BONUSES because of this issue)

How in the world EA could leave something THAT IMPORTANT out of the game is beyond me

SHARABLE PENALTY SLIDERS

We all know different officiating crews tend to judge certain less-obvious penalties differently than others yet still be consistent on all the obvious, no-brainer ones. It is with this in mind that penalty sliders be made SHARABLE just like player & CPU sliders & playbooks are.

This way, we can download them (Good or bad) from the community files area of the game & edit them to our liking (Yet still keep them fair & balanced)

No reason to think this can't be done

ADD NFL COMBINE & NFL DRAFT TO PLAYER MODE

NBA 2K has the showcase game in MyCareer (Who are drafted). The NHL franchise has that tournament of games in the CHL which the NHL uses for its Entry Level Draft. MLB The Show has the Topps Showcase where MLB gets its prospects from (Who are also drafted & usually assigned to a Double A team)

Why can't Madden have the NFL Combine to showcase players in CFM Player mode & the NFL Draft as an option to use if we don't wanna put them on a particular team & THEN let them earn their on the roster like all other drafted rookies do ??

SHARING CREATED PLAYERS USED IN CFM PLAYER MODE

I think this would bring the fun back to CFM Player Mode. We can use the Community Files section for this as well

GET RID OF CREATING PLAYERS VIA CREATION CENTER

What's the point in having that player ?? I can't use him anyway. Save the Creation Center for OTHER things (Like JERSEYS & such)

GET RID OF EDITING CPU TEAM UNIFORMS

Why on EA thought I should have THAT choice, I have NO clue. It's NOT needed & should be ELIMINATED IMO

Likewise, the editing of uniforms AT ALL (On BOTH sides) should be ELIMINATED IMO as players (And perhaps coaches as well though I'll let someone else make a stronger argument for this) SHOULD NOT have a choise as to which uniform they're going to wear to each game (This should be a MANAGEMENT decision)

That's just like a child being given a choice by his/her parents as to how they will dress for church or other formal wear required function

ADD OFF-THE-FIELD EVENTS TO MADDEN CFM

In the "Little Things" Department, off the field events should also be added to Madden CFM (All modes)

The format can be modeled using the one used in NHL "Be A Pro" mode whereas you're presented with a situation & a multiple choice selection as to the how you want to proceed to resolve the situation with THE CONSEQUENCES of your choice being based on what you select with a final summary reflecting your LIKABILITY SUMMARY ranging from FANS all the way down to YOUR FAMILY (Again, using the Likeability Summary used in NHL "Be A Pro" mode as the template)

In NHL "Be A Pro", it's FUN. I can't think of a reason why it can't be added to Madden CFM

That's all I can think of.....

Cheers & GAME ON !!

Last edited by Bach Patu; 12-06-2016 at 08:49 PM.
Old 12-06-2016, 09:01 PM   #131
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
1. Coaching Carousel. This includes having offense, defense, and special teams coordinators.
Just like NCAA Football 14. Yeah !!

Great for CFM Coach mode
Quote:
5. The option to have open/closed roofs on the stadiums that allow it.
As well as REMODELING current stadiums instead of JUST BUILDING A NEW ONE
Quote:
Playing a play now game with the roof in the Houston Texans stadium open looks great but then when you go into a game in CFM it's always closed. We should just have the option to set the roof to open or closed. We don't need to change the time of day or what kind of weather it is.
No but TIME PROGRESSION should be added to CFM though

Likewise, the ability to use CURRENT TIME & WEATHER (Both to the stadium & to you) should be added to OFFLINE Exhibition mode (This could replace the Super Bowl which SHOULD NEVER have been added as an exhibition mode IMO)
Quote:
6. Ability to pick your team captains. This is a small feature but I used to like having the option in the old games to pick who my captains were.
Great for the "Little Things" Department

Cheers & GAME ON !!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2016, 09:36 PM   #132
Rookie

Exclamation Re: Madden 18 wishlist thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
Just allow me to switch sides in franchise mode and I'll pay $90 for the game.
On a related ote, it'd be nice if they added SPECTATE mode as an option to CFM games when playing AS OWNER as OWNERS DO NOT COACH !!!

GRANTED some DO appear on the field - ALA JERRY JONES while others ALA JOHN ELWAY prefer to remain up in the press box & luxury suites BUT THEY ARE NOT COACHES !!!

This MUST be fixed

Cheers & GAME ON !!
Old 12-06-2016, 09:50 PM   #133
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboyc
No one runs the Run & Shoot anymore....why would they add it? The R&S has evolved to the current spread offenses. No one will ever run a pure R&S ever again. No FB, TE or Shotgun...4 smallish WRs (one big one). All current spread offenses evolved to fix the inherent problems of the R&S.
Likewise NO ONE (Except maybe Jacksonville) runs a pure college-style option offense which the R&S had A LOT OF !!

Nowadays, option plays are integrated into a myriad of other offenses

Cheers & GAME ON !!!
Old 12-07-2016, 09:19 AM   #134
Pro

I just wanna see size matter more. We need a designated slot wr position and I'd like to finally see rb size and blocking matter.
Old 12-13-2016, 11:47 AM   #135
Rookie

micdaduke21's Arena

Deeper CFM mode with real assistant coaches and deeper coaching pool or the ability to edit in depth....equipment needs a huge upgrade with the ability to have sock adjustments and the shoe spat tape is horrible....also the ability to design and name your stadium through a sponsor and make it look authentic....Injuries need to be altered....AI trade,free agent and draft logic is absolutely horrendous..... Gameplans for the AI need to reflect the team week to week....And I have 100 more issues with Madden but since its the only NFL game out on the market the have us by the balls until we boycott the game ....that's how change is made!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2016, 04:30 AM   #136
MVP

Warning: lengthy post ahead. So lengthy, in fact, that I've divided it into two parts: General and CFM.

First off, I’d like to thank the team at EA Tiburon for addressing some of the points from my Madden NFL 17 wishlist.

Covered in Madden NFL 17
1. Add the occasional blocked kick/punt
2. Return of the squib kick
3. In game ticker in CFM
4. XP Slider in offline CFM
5. Practice squads

Even though the size of my wishlist would suggest otherwise, I’ve had a fantastic time with the past two iterations of Madden and am both excited and optimistic about the series’ future on this generation of consoles. I’m fully aware that there’s basically no way everything on this fairly massive list could be covered in one development cycle, but I’d love to see these issues dealt with at a consistent rate over the coming years.

The vast majority of what you are about to read is identical to what was in my Madden NFL 17 Wishlist. New items and edits/additions to old ones are in italics.

General
1. Missing game modes from the PS2/Original Xbox/GameCube era (two minute drill, rushing attack, situation mode)

2. Historic teams

3. Return of the coin toss (or at least an option to have it)

4. Continue to improve tackling animations, some still look pretty wonky

5. Continue to add detail to sidelines (player names on jerseys, accurate player models and equipment, more assistant coach models, more varied wardrobe on coaches, etc.)

6. I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of alternate uniforms in the game, but I'd like to see even more. For example, as a 49ers fan, I'd love to see the 1998-2008 home and away uniforms added to the game

7. Punters as the default holders on field goal/extra point attempts instead of backup QB's (Or at least the ability to change the holder in the depth chart)

8. The ability to edit the personnel on coverage and return units in special teams

9. Classic stadiums, such as Candlestick Park, Texas Stadium and the pre 2002 renovation version of Soldier Field

10. The ability to edit the amount of years pro for created players

11. More realistic weather effects (both in terms of visual effects and how gameplay is affected)

12. Make the PA announcer have a bigger impact on the atmosphere. For example, when the visiting team is on third down, have him raise his voice and say something like "...and now it's THIRD DOWN FOR THE SEAHAWKS". Then, have the crowd react accordingly. Something like this, just with a bit more intensity

13. More stadium scoreboard animations. Also, have the basic game info (score, quarter number, game clock etc.) displayed continuously as well as a feed of the game from the broadcast view, like this. And also basic game info displayed on the ribbon boards, like this

14. More varied injuries, off-the-ball injuries, offensive lineman injuries

15. Multiple (ideally four; one mimicking FOX, one mimicking CBS, one mimicking NBC, one mimicking ESPN) presentation packages (similar to MLB: The Show). And, perhaps for pre-season in CFM, one that’s specifically tailored to your team’s color scheme and/or logo to mimic a local TV broadcast (example)

16. When creating a player born outside the United States (Lawrence Okoye, for example), give us the option to forgo the “state” option and type in his country instead. That way, I can get “Croydon, England” instead of “Croydon, California”

17. In addition to having tight, long sleeves as an option for a player, the newer, slightly baggy style sleeves should be an option as well

18. Mouthguards

19. A great idea from OS user bkluvsm3 that had sort of been on my mind for a while too: Home/away equipment edit options for a player, and the ability to edit a player’s equipment based on weather/time of year

20. Launch rosters should feature a team’s entire 90 man pre-season roster (or at least have the capacity for 90 players). Being a 49ers fan, I had to create and add players like Bryce Treggs, Garrison Smith, and Marcus Rush myself and there wasn’t even room to add players like Alex Balducci and Eric Rogers

21. Year-to-year saves for roster and CFM files, like MLB: The Show
MLS: San Jose Earthquakes
EPL: Brentford FC

RIP San Francisco Deltas | 2017 NASL Champions

Last edited by ripcandlestickpark; 12-18-2016 at 07:35 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »