Home

QBs and OL rating work when low enough

This is a discussion on QBs and OL rating work when low enough within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2017, 02:32 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
QBs and OL rating work when low enough

So I decided to subtract QB accuracies by 50 along with spreading the OL In a 0-100 format and the differences in bad vs elite show finally. Also the slider is at 0 for QB acc. I'm going to post videos shortly. Also I changed everyone but QBs to high motor, skill players to cover ball never (QBs brace for all), throw ball on for all, and all skill player on O to fight for extra yards.everyone also has no drop ball but all catching traits are yes. On D, all players have every pass rush trait on along with strip, but no big hit.

Sliders

For both ai and human

QB acc- 0
PB-100
WR catch 45
RB- 50
Fumb-75
PC-0
INT-45
PRT- 25
Tackle 25

Kick power 1
Kick acc - 1
Punt power- 0
Punt acc- 100
Kick pwr-100
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2017, 04:01 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: QBs and OL rating work when low enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83evans
So I decided to subtract QB accuracies by 50 along with spreading the OL In a 0-100 format and the differences in bad vs elite show finally. Also the slider is at 0 for QB acc. I'm going to post videos shortly. Also I changed everyone but QBs to high motor, skill players to cover ball never (QBs brace for all), throw ball on for all, and all skill player on O to fight for extra yards.everyone also has no drop ball but all catching traits are yes. On D, all players have every pass rush trait on along with strip, but no big hit.

Sliders

For both ai and human

QB acc- 0
PB-100
WR catch 45
RB- 50
Fumb-75
PC-0
INT-45
PRT- 25
Tackle 25

Kick power 1
Kick acc - 1
Punt power- 0
Punt acc- 100
Kick pwr-100
I am pretty sure with those kick sliders every single field goal attempt is going to shank horribly.
Old 01-12-2017, 05:12 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 21

Adjusting key player ratings has always been the key to realism in Madden. Sliders usually only server to screw things up and out of balance. People don't like edited ratings since the incoming drafts are then out of synch...but it is the best way to get realism on the field.

C
Old 01-12-2017, 06:48 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Adjusting key player ratings has always been the key to realism in Madden. Sliders usually only server to screw things up and out of balance. People don't like edited ratings since the incoming drafts are then out of synch...but it is the best way to get realism on the field.

C
The key to realism is fixing the AI, and EA has more pressing matters, like pleasing H2H players first. A few titles ago I remember there being a custom roster with "realistic" ratings and a slider set that everybody tended to use, but it was still broken.

People need to give up on having a "realistic" experience in Madden and start adjusting their sliders to be more inline with Madden sim statistics, not NFL statistics. They would be more happy then with the results.
Old 01-13-2017, 08:22 AM   #5
Banned

The game itself is broken. So any roster set or slider set will fall short. Adjusting the ratings is a better approach in my opinion than sliders. I am not saying it makes the game perfect but it does improve the experience.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2017, 09:01 AM   #6
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Sim means different things to different people.

Some want sim offering similar to NFL stats and some want sim to feel like the NFL Sunday football.

Some people go through and edit ratings for their happiness and some adjust sliders for their happiness.

Except for the kicking game, which I sim ahead anyway, I'm finding sim experiences through sliders. Some find it through other avenues.

I really don't feel it's a bad thing one way or the other how one finds their own happiness with the game.

Last edited by roadman; 01-13-2017 at 09:04 AM.
Old 01-13-2017, 09:04 AM   #7
Banned

Agreed. Some are perfectly content with how the game plays no and others feel it falls short. True of any title really. Hopefully the game continues to improve.
Old 01-13-2017, 09:27 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 0

It's kind of like jump sniping, quick scoping (shooting you two feet away with a five foot gun) or stabbing me when i just put a shotgun blast i your chest in call of duty. That ain't sim. I bitch when I play that also and I also keep buying it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »