Home

Has EA Sports fixed the "first game" difficulty problem?

This is a discussion on Has EA Sports fixed the "first game" difficulty problem? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2018, 04:21 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Has EA Sports fixed the "first game" difficulty problem?

Didn't buy Madden 18 so,I don't know if EA Sports fixed this problem that I noticed in Madden 16 and 17 (not just in Madden but in the NHL series too). I noticed sometimes in franchise mode,that in the game you play after turning the game on,the CPU team plays like it's ratings,sliders are maxed out. It's next to impossible to rum the ball,every ball is deflected and just seems the CPU knows exactly what you're going to do before you do it. If you quit that game and play it again,the A.I. plays like how you have the sliders set. For example,I was the Bills in franchise mode. I turn the game on. I couldn't do anything against the Steelers (I'm on All-Pro setting). They're going to beat blow me out by 24 plus points. I quit the game. Restart it. The game feels exactly like how I have the sliders. I beat the Steelers 24-7 (two late fgs make the score look bigger then how the game went). That's the "first game" difficulty problem. It's a small nuisance but, needs to be addressed. Has EA Sports fixed this occurrence in Madden 18?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2018, 04:44 PM   #2
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Has EA Sports fixed the "first game" difficulty problem?

In order for EA to fix the problem, it has to exist in the first place.

Across the past four years of Madden games, I have played a maximum of one game a day in my franchise in each game. I also don't let Madden or my console run in background while I'm away from it.

In all of those many first-boot games, I have literally never experienced this issue as you describe it. I've won most of them, and the handful I lost I never felt cheated.
Old 04-06-2018, 04:53 PM   #3
MVP

i have not noticed this ever happening in Madden. However, after I first set my sliders, the first game I played after making adjustments was extremely wonky. I have always found this to be the case with M17. Now that I have settings to my liking and have kept them as is for quite some time, the game plays fine.
Old 04-06-2018, 10:23 PM   #4
MVP

I definitely get the random game here or there where the AI team goes nuts, but I've never really noticed it necessarily being the first game I've played on a given day.
Old 04-08-2018, 11:02 AM   #5
MVP

mjavon's Arena

Ever heard of the placebo effect?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »