Home

What is my playstyle?

This is a discussion on What is my playstyle? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2017, 03:37 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
What is my playstyle?

Hi,

I am new to Madden as I just took advantage of the Sale of Madden 17 for $13!

I played my first game and had some issues. One, I'm clearly bad at this game since it was my first time but did try the regular Pro level. My concerns though were that the majority of my passes were dropped even though the replays showed them hitting the receivers hands and that when using the suggested play feature, a run was only suggested once the entire game.

So I started looking at the sliders section of this forum and any post that said "I'm new help me pick a slider" was answered with "What is your playstyle?"

How would I go about figuring out what my playstyle is so I know which slider to choose?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2017, 06:07 PM   #2
MVP

Re: What is my playstyle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwesnyc
Hi,

I am new to Madden as I just took advantage of the Sale of Madden 17 for $13!

I played my first game and had some issues. One, I'm clearly bad at this game since it was my first time but did try the regular Pro level. My concerns though were that the majority of my passes were dropped even though the replays showed them hitting the receivers hands and that when using the suggested play feature, a run was only suggested once the entire game.

So I started looking at the sliders section of this forum and any post that said "I'm new help me pick a slider" was answered with "What is your playstyle?"

How would I go about figuring out what my playstyle is so I know which slider to choose?
do you want to throw the ball a lot?

do you want to run the ball a lot?

do you want to be balanced between the two?

if you're going to pass a lot, do you want to pass deep? spread attack? off play action? in shotgun? under centre?

if you're gonna run a lot, do you want to run between the tackles or outside the tackles?
Old 07-10-2017, 11:01 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajra21
do you want to throw the ball a lot?

do you want to run the ball a lot?

do you want to be balanced between the two?

if you're going to pass a lot, do you want to pass deep? spread attack? off play action? in shotgun? under centre?

if you're gonna run a lot, do you want to run between the tackles or outside the tackles?
Hi,

For real football, I love a strong run game. I'm having a ton of difficulty doing so in the game - and maybe my quarters are too short but they seem like a waste of time as well when passing is super quick. I've been losing games where I have the ball 70% of the time because I'm the only team trying to run.

I also seem to do better in the game out of shotgun.
Old 07-12-2017, 07:22 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwesnyc
Hi,

For real football, I love a strong run game. I'm having a ton of difficulty doing so in the game - and maybe my quarters are too short but they seem like a waste of time as well when passing is super quick. I've been losing games where I have the ball 70% of the time because I'm the only team trying to run.

I also seem to do better in the game out of shotgun.
lots of people find the shotgun more effective in recent madden cos the pass pro isn't great so DL get to the QB quickly. playing under centre tends to lead to more sacks.

running the ball needs a good OL and diverse run play calling. i find plays with pulling guards very effective. don't call a running play more than five times a game. mix it up. trying to 70% of the time is too much. 50-50 is probably better unless you get up early and you're trying to kill the clock.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »