Home

Enter For Your Chance to Win an Xbox One S Madden NFL 18 Bundle - Winner Announced

This is a discussion on Enter For Your Chance to Win an Xbox One S Madden NFL 18 Bundle - Winner Announced within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2017, 10:57 PM   #33
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

OVR: 0
  1. Which Madden did you play first? The first one on sega Genisis[/*]
  2. What is your favorite Madden game and why? Madden 05, the franchise mode was the best it's ever been. Very in depth*[/*]
  3. What is your most memorable Madden moment? Beating a good friend of mine in the super bowl after he had been talking trash about beating me. I returned an onside kick to setup a game winning touchdown.[/*]
  4. What is your favorite mode in Madden? Franchise mode[/*]
  5. What is your favorite feature in Madden (past or present)? *Player morale[/*]
  6. If you had a chance to bring your own feature into Madden, what would it be? Player morale/chemistry (CFM)[/*]
Old 07-26-2017, 10:59 PM   #34
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Re: Enter For Your Chance to Win an Xbox One S Madden NFL 18 Bundle

1. Which Madden did you play first? John Madden Football (1988)

2. What is your favorite Madden game and why? M17; the game play is more pleasing than all previous versions.

3. What is your most memorable Madden moment? Playing the original John Madden Football and using my printer and "Print Shop" program to make sports articles about each game I played, including player and coach quotes about each game and the upcoming week's opponent.

4. What is your favorite mode in Madden? I equally like Franchise and MUT for their differences in playing the game of football.

5. What is your favorite feature in Madden (past or present)? The Coach Assignments is my favorite feature even though I haven't played it yet, but if it is like it was in NCAA Football, it will make M18 the best Madden to date.

6. If you had a chance to bring your own feature into Madden, what would it be? Custom play designer. One of my most favorite features from the great Dynamix/Sierra FBPro series.
Old 07-26-2017, 11:02 PM   #35
Rookie

BlackJack_Williams's Arena

OVR: 7
  • Which Madden did you play first? The first one that I remember is Madden 92 on the Sega Genesis. I was 7 years old and I remember playing against my Dad while my older cousin coached me. Somehow I thought using a goal line only defense would work.
    [/*]
  • What is your favorite Madden game and why? Madden 2004. By that time I was in college and my 3 friends and I would play it all of the time. It had an amazing soundtrack, owner mode, mini-camp and "playmaker" abilities.
    [/*]
  • What is your most memorable Madden moment? I honestly don't have a single memorable Madden moment. Most of my memories come from the rivalry between my brother-in-law and I that started back within the PS2 era. Now that we both have PS4, I'd like to rekindle that rivalry.
    [/*]
  • What is your favorite mode in Madden? I enjoyed starting Fantasy draft leagues. Picking my team and doing a bunch of "what ifs."
    [/*]
  • What is your favorite feature in Madden (past or present)? Going back to my favorite Madden game, Madden 2004 it would be the Playmaker feature. I think if something similar but not as powerful was implemented*in a future Madden, it would be pretty cool.
    [/*]
  • If you had a chance to bring your own feature into Madden, what would it be? I think that the creative team for Madden is going in the direction of something that I've wanted for awhile. A somewhat story driven Franchise mode. Maybe not exactly Longshot but I feel that it's a good start.
    [/*]
Playing right now: Rocket League
Games Looking forward to: Moving to PS4 lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2017, 11:08 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 3

1. Which Madden did you play first? Madden 2002 'the choice is on you!'

2.What is your favorite Madden game and why? 2007..i miss playing on pc.

3. What is your most memorable Madden moment? choosing the atlanta falcons in a madden tourney at the mall so i could play with michael vick when i should have stuck with my seahawks..

4.What is your favorite mode in Madden? franchise for sure.

5. What is your favorite feature in Madden (past or present)? 2005 sliders.

6. If you had a chance to bring your own feature into Madden, what would it be? a more dynamic player rating system..maybe game to game based on record and performance.
Old 07-26-2017, 11:13 PM   #37
Rookie

Sheen_O_Mack's Arena

OVR: 8
Which Madden did you play first? Madden 95

What is your favorite Madden game and why? M17; My first release running my own SIM league so that shoots it to the top of my list

What is your most memorable Madden moment? Back when I was in high school my girlfriend and I were at my friends parents house for something, my friend and I started playing and I was winning big on him at half and was talking a lot of **** and then I pulled a Falcons and lost. Embarrassing for sure but still one of the most memorable

What is your favorite mode in Madden? Franchise (CFM)

What is your favorite feature in Madden (past or present)? The idea behind the passing cone was my favorite. It may not have been executed very well but the logic behind it was awesome.

If you had a chance to bring your own feature into Madden, what would it be? I would overhaul the "hitstick" feature. All tackling would be done with the right analog stick with L1/LB being used as a modifier for bigger hits. The direction you flick the right stick would dictate a high/low or right/left tackle (I like that high/low is in for M18). Adding to it, I would make there be a risk of helmet to helmet tackles with high hits, increased even more if the modifier is used.

Last edited by Sheen_O_Mack; 07-26-2017 at 11:21 PM.
Old 07-26-2017, 11:19 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 1

Which Madden did you play first?
Sega Genesis 1994
What is your favorite Madden game and why?
Any year, I buy it every year...I am able to mulit things on it, I can play as my favorite team and lead them to the Super Bowl, love rebuild the worst team in the NFL to see if I am the man as a GM.
What is your most memorable Madden moment?
It has to be playing Madden 05 and using Michael Vick, I was able to break it and run for 90 yard TD...the reason it was memorable moment for me was it was the last time I played Madden with my brother, it was aon the computer and he was in Iraq at the time in the Army and I was in Japan in the Navy...and I lost him a week later....still to this day I have that copy of Maddento remind me of the good days.
What is your favorite mode in Madden?
Franchise mode all the way...nothing better than building that team to win the super bowl...
What is your favorite feature in Madden (past or present)?
For me don't laugh but it was the passing cone...gimmicky yes, but it made feel like I was the QB, looking off the safety , have to through to the guy I was looking it...made it more realistic to me..
If you had a chance to bring your own feature into Madden, what would it be?
I would do a true GM mode, where you have to run the front office also, and bring in expansion draft mode...

Last edited by tonyfire2001; 07-26-2017 at 11:21 PM.
Old 07-26-2017, 11:22 PM   #39
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

- Madden 2000, it was the very first game I had, one my own first system.

- Madden 06 pre-next-gen. Had the most immersive Franchise mode, with player roles, Tony Bruno Show, and the QB vision cone.

- The first time I played online (Madden 07 XBOX360). I got my X360 for a birthday gift, and stayed up from Friday through Sunday playing online h2h exclusively. It changed gaming for me, forever. Before then I'd never played multiplayer online before. I specifically remember subbing in Hank Baskett, I called him Agent 84, he didn't even have a picture in the game.

- Online Franchise / Online CFM.

- QB Vision cone. It took a lot of practice, it took a lot of skill, and took changed the landscape of the game. You could finally FEEL the difference when your star QB got hurt, or you neglected the QB position for too long. It was also the first time the QB would actually look toward his WR when cycling through progression. Huge feature, presentation wise, team management wise, and gameplay wise.

- I don't specifically have a FEATURE, but I would re-so the ratings system. I'd have each player rated from 1-99 at his positional specific ratings. At the same time, I'd have all ratings be "under the hood" and not viewable to the user. That way pre-season and practice mode really mean something, you can FEEL the players, and make decisions based on opinion (just like real life) not a numberical rating. If you have an under the hood 37 rating, outperforming a 65 rating, you may take a chance on cutting the player who is worse ratings wise, but fits your style/scheme better. Or you make the decision, and regret it when he starts showing his weaknesses.
Old 07-26-2017, 11:23 PM   #40
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Madden 94 on Super Nintendo

Madden 06 on the original Xbox. It was a near perfect combination of solid gameplay along with a fantastic franchise mode. Still playing it to this day.

Probably seeing this trailer on TV for the first time. I was still playing Madden 2000 on the N64 at the time so going from that to what I was seeing was absolutely mind blowing at the time.

Franchise

On-the-field I'd probably say the WR/DB catch interactions. Off-the-field it has to be hidden ratings for rookies from Madden 12. It made drafting players and signing undrafted free agents more intriguing and actually made playing preseason games kind of fun.

A franchise mode that looked exactly like this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »