Home

Madden NFL 19 Gameplay Video - Redskins vs. Patriots (Shopmaster)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19 Gameplay Video - Redskins vs. Patriots (Shopmaster) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-17-2018, 04:32 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 19 Gameplay Video - Redskins vs. Patriots (Shopmaster)

I just don't understand how the game can look so similar to how it did 4-5 years ago. Barely incremental improvements after years of development cycles. The change to the Frostbite engine was supposed to bring a big difference...we were excited about it for two years in advance. Where is it?

Other developers take 1-3 years and create entire new engines, systems, animations, worlds, and characters to create unique, mind-blowing games. That's not the way sports game franchises work, I know. They work on an established framework, usually flawed. Even The Show has legacy issues that fans complain about. I get that.

I just don't get how one company, for more than a decade, can hold the most lucrative exclusive license in sports gaming and do so little with it. I know competition breeds innovation and EA has little reason to go out of their way to take risks since they're basically printing money...but aren't they embarrassed? They don't seem to be.
Old 06-17-2018, 04:34 PM   #34
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Tbinking about it more. I'd have to imagine the WR drop and counting as a catch will be removed. Imagine the competitive guys losing 50k on a play like that. No way that happens. That will be fixed. Its ugly to imagine it's in the game at this stage but I bet it's gone by release.
Old 06-17-2018, 05:10 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnSKINS26
I just don't understand how the game can look so similar to how it did 4-5 years ago. Barely incremental improvements after years of development cycles. The change to the Frostbite engine was supposed to bring a big difference...we were excited about it for two years in advance. Where is it?

Other developers take 1-3 years and create entire new engines, systems, animations, worlds, and characters to create unique, mind-blowing games. That's not the way sports game franchises work, I know. They work on an established framework, usually flawed. Even The Show has legacy issues that fans complain about. I get that.

I just don't get how one company, for more than a decade, can hold the most lucrative exclusive license in sports gaming and do so little with it. I know competition breeds innovation and EA has little reason to go out of their way to take risks since they're basically printing money...but aren't they embarrassed? They don't seem to be.
its all about the bottom line. EA isnt willing to risk that by making huge gameplay changes. IM sure the producers and developers all have great ideas and huge aspirations. However there is a disconnect between the production team and the financial folks.

The one area where money is clearly spent is on marketing/pr/ and advertising. It seems that every year they find ways to rebrand things that have always or had already existed in the game in previous installments of Madden.

anyways Ill be getting the PC version this year, regardless. havent brought a Madden game in 3 years. Ive played the last 2 versions sparingly at my relatives house and I borrowed 18 for a couple of weeks thats it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2018, 03:23 AM   #36
Pro

Sigma4Life's Arena

OVR: 9
To me the updated player models and movement remind me a little of the 2K series. Did EA hire some of the *animation staff from Take Two?
Fantasy football fans... Dominate your Draft with the #1 selling fantasy football app, Fantasy Football Cheat Sheet 2017 for iOS & Android.

Get it for iPhone / iPad!

Get it for Android!
Old 06-18-2018, 03:43 AM   #37
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

I don't see how anyone can say the player movement doesn't look better. The running animations are clearly improved and you can see RPM to an extent but I think when we actually feel it it will be such a breath of fresh air.

You can make an argument that the QB movement is still pretty bad though. Doesn't seem to match the RPM of other players. Drop backs need to be slowed down. But the PA looks pretty good. Maybe this will be fixed in the retail version.
Old 06-18-2018, 07:02 AM   #38
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21

I seen improvement to:
- The player movement, lot of instances where it will shine.
- DB play in man was good. I seen the star CBs playing aggressive and I liked that.
- Tackles are a fresh breath
- game flow of players felt good
- enjoyed the post TD celebration cam
- seen positives and I do too get a 2k vibe with the new motion especially on kick offs.

Cons/negatives :
- The catch rule? Gotta be fixed
- Safeties? Where are they what do they do. Seen to much easy Streaks and post routes converted. Dbs would be good but some plays you would expect safety help and they are MIA pretty much used as safety tackle valves. (Last man methodology)
- Commentary makes me sick "down he goes!!" "Dropped for another by ___"

- Maddens rating system is not set correctly for how the game functions. I will be working on a full make over roster. With very widespread ratings.

I want to see more FOOTAGE OF CPU SCRAMBLING QBS MANEUVERING IN POCKET WITH RPM AND THROWING PASSES

Sent from my VS987 using Operation Sports mobile app

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43
Old 06-18-2018, 11:00 AM   #39
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma4Life
To me the updated player models and movement remind me a little of the 2K series. Did EA hire some of the *animation staff from Take Two?
I was thinking the same thing. Player models have that tall square-ish NFL2K5 look. Seems to have taken a step back.
Old 06-18-2018, 12:59 PM   #40
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2

EA, please turn off the footstep sound effects, this is not GTA for G sake.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »