Home

Madden NFL 20 Impressions (EA Access / Launch, All Platforms)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 20 Impressions (EA Access / Launch, All Platforms) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2019, 11:37 AM   #513
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Madden NFL 20 Impressions (EA Access / Launch, All Platforms)

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaink
And the ridiculous story modes, can we please just have a good playing football game and good franchise mode, I don’t need a story mode that follows me as an infant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think there's some hyperbole here, but I agree with your general sentiment. I think they were banking on the NCAA licensing for the teams in that mode to interest people and it probably does, but if I wanted to just play a few exhibition games and then get warped into a game mode that's no more interesting than Franchise is except it's worse because you're locked to your guy then I would probably just play the CFB Mod for Madden. It's almost a completely useless game mode for me.

Last edited by AUChase; 07-30-2019 at 11:49 AM.
Old 07-30-2019, 11:54 AM   #514
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Default All-Pro USER running is still way too easy in my opinion. I had 200+ yards rushing in my game, even with Richardson getting 3 carries for negative 45 yards as I played around at the end. Redskins vs Saints. The CPU rushing attack was also nonexistant.
All Madden is the way to go this year and I am a All Pro guy myself
Old 07-30-2019, 01:37 PM   #515
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH
I only play with accelerated clock so I am just guessing here.

Since there's no more walk-up, wouldn't the game count off the seconds it assumes would have been lost during the walk-up to the line?

I notice this in hurry-up offense. Time ticks off during the fade to black since it would presumably take a few seconds to get to the line and get set.

This is 100% correct. A few seconds tick off to simulate the walk to the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2019, 01:45 PM   #516
Rookie

This had been an odd year for me. I'm usually excited for a few games and then get annoyed quickly with the issues. The more I play (20-30 games vs CPU, all Madden) the more I'm impressed.

The good:
Pass rush. Lots of new animations that play out much more naturally. The transition from the rush animation to running pursuit of also a lot smoother. Interior rush seems to develope more greatly with a push versus the d lineman just using the same "Toss the guard aside and warp to the QB" animation from before. Pass rush is nearly perfect for me and the matchups matter.

Running: it's weird to say I'm happy a game feels more like PS2 era, but it is great. You have actual control.

The running game: I don't see much about this, but I feel like linebackers play this much better now. There isn't an instant Sprint to the ball at the snap now. They take a second to diagnose the play, which crates some spacing instead of a wall at the line of scrimmage. Running it's a bit OP right now but MUCH better.

Passing: mixed bag here. I play as the saints. That's my team. Here there are improvements as well as the usual issues. Curl , crossing and comeback routes are too easy. Part of that could be I'm using Brees. Played a bit with other teams and the accuracy, and pressure penalties had a bigger effect on showing me down. Every year, the fix a few money routes and create some more. Deep post money route is dead. Flag route is alive and well with the right end. I do love the new passing physics. Combined with the death of the super linebacker, it opens things up.

The bad: wtf are safeties doing. Just really bad at cover two and picking up anyone.

General consensus:. Best game in years. Franchise is crap again but that's sadly expected at this point. Presentation is cut and paste, but I thought it was ok enough last year. Gameplay has come miles in my opinion. They made stars stand out and created a real heigharchy for all levels of players. The defense is now centered around the pass rush speeding you up but I think they nerfed the secondary too much to balance that improvement. Running game is better but needs to be like 10 percent less effective.
Old 07-30-2019, 01:54 PM   #517
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
Has anyone noticed even with accelerated clock off it still acts as if it's on?

Let me just say , I love football. Back before I was semi retired I had NFL Sunday ticket and 4 HDTV's going at once every Sunday. I watched football from noon until the Sunday night game ended. So I've always bought an NFL game every year, back when 2k was around I loved their game but still played Madden as well. So every year I really look forward to the new release , but it is more of a let down each year. There always sees to be some small nagging thing that just ruins the experience for me and this year its the CPU's game and time management. I hope this can be patched.

Once again had a great game Chiefs at Colts I went up 35 -31 toward the end of the 4th. Colts got the ball at the 2 minute warning , started out good with a 2 long passes that quickly got them beyond the 50 yard line , then they call their first time out. I was thinking great EA fixed the time problem. Luck completes another pass at the 30. Now with 42 seconds and 2 time outs left they start running the ball and time expires , AND Luck's X factor X was lit up at the time and they run the ball.

Colts game note: They ran several plays with the tight end in the back field as a running back. This dude was a beast , breaking tackles , juking like crazy, you would think if they were going to run at the end of the game they would use this guy again who had huge success all game , but no they used their regular HB and I stuffed him.

I don't get it. I like the game but this is real frustrating. The CPU could have won this game but it didn't even try. This has happened to me several times, it's been in exhibition play now games. Can anyone tell me if it happens in franchise mode also? If so that's a real bummer , it just takes any reason to continue playing out of the game.
Thank you for this. I'll wait until black Friday to see if it's resolved before I buy it.

Sent from my GM1915 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-30-2019, 02:03 PM   #518
Pro

OVR: 7

Man where to start.. this madden is crisp I am having a lot of fun with xfactor players and running the ball. Found 3 man heat and trouble routes right after launch. Very happy with the gameplay I had my cowboy Dline get in the zone man was it crazy watching them rush.
Old 07-30-2019, 03:42 PM   #519
Rookie

rallew's Arena

OVR: 2

I like how the game plays so far, but has the game become easier this year? Didn’t play a whole lot of Madden 19, but it felt strange so I ditched it after a month. The X-Factor and Superstar abilities got me hyped for this game, so I gave the trial version a shot. I have always played on All-Madden and that won’t change.

Some of the players feel a little OP. Odell Beckham is a beast for sure, but it feels way to easy to just give him the ball, make a juke move and run to the endzone.

First game was me as Green Bay vs. The Vikings. Really enjoyed passing the ball with Rodgers. Having Adams really helps too. Really enjoyed rushing the ball too. I’ve always been a run first guy so I expected difficulties against a stout Vikings-defense. I had absolutely no problem running the ball with Jones and Williams for a combined 140 yards. Rodgers had 300 yards and 3 TDs. The CPU seemed to still have that annoying ability to just break off an 80-yard run whenever it felt like though. And that was really all it got against me. Final score was 31-23 Packers.

I played another game with the 49ers against the Patriots. I wanted to see if I could get any offense going, and if Brady would tear me apart. Well, first play from scrimmage and Brady found Thomas deep for a 70 yard TD. I was now expecting a long night on defense. It was indeed a long night on defense - for them. I ran for 166 yards and 2 TDs with Coleman and two short TDs from Breida. Garappolo threw for 2 TDs and 276 yards. Too easy. Brady never really got it going and threw two picks to Sherman and Verrett. The one to Sherman was though. Final score was 42-14 for the 49ers against the Super Bowl-champions.

So after two games I am yet to really feel the effect of X-factor and Superstar abilities. I guess you really have to get your player going on a streak to really benefit from it. I expected a way more difficult game against Brady to be honest, and a way more difficult game on offense with the 9ers as they don’t really have much outside of Kittle. Goodwin and Pettis seem promising though.
Old 07-30-2019, 03:49 PM   #520
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Stunned by how much I enjoy Madden 20 so far, and stunned that there really doesn't seem to be much a need for slider tweaks. What happened?

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »