Home

Madden NFL 20 Patch 1.10 Available - Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 20 Patch 1.10 Available - Patch Notes Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2019, 09:03 AM   #297

ChicagoChris's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Madden NFL 20 Patch 1.10 Available - Patch Notes Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
At that point in the game, it's time to turn on the coaching adjustment to conservative on running adjustments.

Ok, small sample size after title update, but I'm bumping my score from a 7.75 to a 8.25 with the right to bump to a 9 a bit later.

Just played a great CFM game, Bears vs Packers.

Where should I start?

1. The Bears had 2 sacks the whole game, the Packers 1. Bad boy Mack had 1 sack and Hicks had the other.

2. Fumbles, after taking my own medicine with this post, Packers had a 15 pt lead on the Bears with 6 minutes left. Bears scored a TD and cut it do 8. I had already put the adjustments to conservative at the start of the 4th qtr. 4th and inches and I tried a slant over the middle. Bears striped the ball out, Packers recovered, but of course, Bears ball because ball was behind the LOS. Bears scored a TD with under a minute and tried for 2. They had a designed fake handoff and outside run with Turbisky, but that failed. Pack up by 2 with Bears ready for onside kick. Packers recover and Bears had all 3 TO's left. All I needed was a 1st down and run out the clock and that is what happened. No comeback code because the CPU came up short.

Oh, and by the way, that was the only fumble of the game.

Trubisky took off running 3 times and gouged me for 29 yds. Cohen had a 103 yds rushing, and Aaron Jones had 92 yds rushing.

Tribusky had 64% passing and Rodgers 80%.

Yeah, that's pretty sim, folks, but only 1 game. If the games continue to vary and are similar in vein, could be a great Madden season.

Tighten up zones and coverages, fix the kicking meter for people and we have a good Madden game.
Yep...my experience as well. I have come full circle on M20. I have played 3 games now and have had 1 fumble (Winston got blindsided by Calais Campbell). I have seen stellar, i almost would call it organic gameplay.

I did see one bad example of late game AI gaffes by the CPU. Dolphins on my 23 yard line with 6 seconds to go and not kick FG. This has existed in Madden for 10 years now.

But, no extreme fumble numbers ( i use the cover up a lot)
Old 08-22-2019, 09:03 AM   #298
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCoachDx
I’ve played several games and seen more double teams shed than one on ones, by a wide margin. This was even before the patch. Have watched a video where the user went into practice mode, had a set up where 5 were blocking 4 with different looks and formations, the player being double teamed broke through quicker than the others almost EVERY time.

I go back and watch just about every single replay to see how it played out. Blocking is, and has been, a complete mess, especially from a schematic standpoint. If you draw up before you snap the ball how the blocking scheme of your play should look, there’s a solid chance that how it plays out doesn’t look the same as what you drew up. I’m not asking for it to be perfect, but there’s no reason for it to perform the way that it does on a frequent basis. Playside linebackers being completely ignored, shifting across gaps to double team, playside linemen going to the backside for no reason, so many things that we’ve seen perform better in years past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The game I described above, the only time Mack came through was rolling off a double team and I doubled teamed him a lot. This is where I feel if you have a good OL, they should be able to hold their own on players like Mack if you slide perfect and or double team . A few times a player came through and either my RB picked them up or my center picked up the unabated player.

I was really hoping the Bears would blitz more, because when they did, I would burn them in the middle of the field.

Last edited by roadman; 08-22-2019 at 09:13 AM.
Old 08-22-2019, 09:07 AM   #299
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoChris
Yep...my experience as well. I have come full circle on M20. I have played 3 games now and have had 1 fumble (Winston got blindsided by Calais Campbell). I have seen stellar, i almost would call it organic gameplay.

I did see one bad example of late game AI gaffes by the CPU. Dolphins on my 23 yard line with 6 seconds to go and not kick FG. This has existed in Madden for 10 years now.

But, no extreme fumble numbers ( i use the cover up a lot)
I forgot about the CPU late game AI issues. This is why I was surprised the Bears were down by a score with 6 seconds left in the half and they lined up 3 or 4 wide. mmm, I put on Cover 6 and the AI tried a Hail Mary, I almost jumped out of my chair.
Old 08-22-2019, 09:25 AM   #300
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I forgot about the CPU late game AI issues. This is why I was surprised the Bears were down by a score with 6 seconds left in the half and they lined up 3 or 4 wide. mmm, I put on Cover 6 and the AI tried a Hail Mary, I almost jumped out of my chair.
I just played Steelers (me) at Bears and had a spectacular finish where the CPU managed the time perfectly. Game was tied with just over 2 minutes left and Trubisky moved the Bears all the way from their 10 to mine, which included a couple of timely long scrambles. In the dying seconds with no timeouts they got the field goal team out and kicked the winner with no time left. I thought for sure the clock was going to run out and it would go to overtime.
Old 08-22-2019, 09:48 AM   #301
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Not only have fumbles not been fixed, but for me at least it seems everything is a scoop and score. Even a defensive lineman can go 80 yards the other way. Also not sure if it has anything to do with the patch but all of a sudden human drops is way up for me. CPU 1 or 2 a game. I'm getting over 10 a game all of a sudden. Wasn't before. Could be nothing.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2019, 11:23 AM   #302
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
Not only have fumbles not been fixed, but for me at least it seems everything is a scoop and score. Even a defensive lineman can go 80 yards the other way. Also not sure if it has anything to do with the patch but all of a sudden human drops is way up for me. CPU 1 or 2 a game. I'm getting over 10 a game all of a sudden. Wasn't before. Could be nothing.
Man, I don't know why folks are getting different results after the title update.

I forgot to mention I deleted the game and re-installed the game and had a great game as I described earlier.

Results are all over the place. I'm using JoshC's slider, which are all on AP default except for injuries and illegal man downfield turned back to on in both menus. It turns off once you are playing a new CFM game, you need to constantly turn that on if you are having it on in the main menu. For some reason, it shuts off after starting up a new game.

I didn't have a RB injury, either, Davantae Adams went out with a bruised sternum.

Last edited by roadman; 08-22-2019 at 11:25 AM.
Old 08-22-2019, 12:01 PM   #303
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

I'm continuing my test franchise with the Titans and played the Jags last night. I used the double team on Campbell with some success though the Jags wound up with 7 sacks overall. Made sense though as I got behind and forgot about the run, trying to hit on plays down field. Plus Henry and Lewis are both hurt so my running backs waiver pickups.

I did not have a RB injury or fumble. I did have an off-ball injury to a WR, as I lost Adam Humphries to a dislocated elbow on a running play up the gut. Still no OL injuries, which would be nice to see.

I had a punt blocked because my punter decided to take 3 extra steps (exaggeration, but I'm sure we've all seen the animation) and let the entire line destroy him. And then they picked the ball up for a easy TD. This was the first blocked punt this season, I hope that it being my first game since the patch that it was just a coincidence. I did miss some on the accuracy meter so it may have been my fault. I haven't seen anyone else mention this so I think it was just the dice role/my screw up.

Coverage seemed tighter. I moved the ball fairly easily against the Jags the first time I played them, it was tougher to throw it last night. But again I had little running game as was behind so that may have factored in. I mostly stayed away from Ramsey, though I did challenge him late in the game where it looked like my WR had a step up the seam....and Ramsey grabbed the pick.

Foles dinked and dunked me down the field, getting the ball out fast. He hit a bunch of WR screens - Cole himself had 4 rushes, which were all balls thrown outside to him. There was one cool defensive play, Foles threw a fade in the corner of the end zone from about the 5 and the WR went up and got his hands on it. The Titans DB went up with him and knocked it away on the way down. I wish I saved the replay, it looked pretty cool.
Old 08-22-2019, 12:38 PM   #304
Pro

OVR: 0

Anyone getting this new issue after the patch of them incorrectly calling touchdowns?

I didnt see this once before the patch, but have seen it twice today.

First was in MUT. I throw a pass to my TE who catches it JUST inside of the touchdown line. It triggers the TD objective, but gives me the ball at the 2 as if I didnt score and everything resumes as normal. Score never updates.

2nd time was in franchise. I run up the middle and get stopped right inside the touchdown line. He gets the exp for getting a touchdown, announcers call it a touchdown, but I'm given the ball back at the 2 yard line and play resumes. Score doesnt change

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »