Home

Skipping out on Madden 21

This is a discussion on Skipping out on Madden 21 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2020, 07:38 PM   #153
Pro

SincerelYourz's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Skipping out on Madden 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunkerdown
For everyone saying waiting on next gen, you do get free upgrade to next gen if you do purchase this one, for all EA games I believe. So if you do get this version, just buying once if you go next gen. Pretty cool.
2 things:

1) I'm waiting to see which next gen system I will buy
2) I'm waiting to see if Madden "Next Level" offers any real improvements
Old 08-25-2020, 07:40 PM   #154
All Star

OVR: 13

I'm an offline-only player, so they have made it abundantly clear they don't care about my business. Oh well. I still own their stock in an index somewhere, so I hope they sell a bunch. :/
Old 08-25-2020, 07:47 PM   #155
Pro

OVR: 11

I'm on the fence this year. After playing it early, it really feels like 20.5 to me. I may hold out until PS5 and see what that plays like. This was the first year I skipped the Show for the same reasons. It's getting stale to me. I also think the lack of real sports plays a bit into it for me. I just don't have the excitement.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2020, 08:00 PM   #156
Rookie

OVR: 4

I've skipped this entire console generation. I haven't bought a new Madden since I believe 13. I'm not even sure it's been so long.

I was loyal to EA for so many years & finally noticed after the exclusivity purchase that most of their resources went to that deal.

Competition breeds innovation & polish. And just from reading this forum Madden 21 lacks both.

It's really unfortunate because I doubt I'll ever get to buy another football game again. With NCAA dead & the NFL & EA partnership neverending.

I'm happy for those that can get enjoyment out of this game. There's only so many hours in the day & so many other quality games with minimal issues available. Choose what makes you happy. EA & the NFL are no longer that for me.
Old 08-25-2020, 09:13 PM   #157
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram209
Roadman....trust me get it! It is A LOT better than 20. The movement the CPU QB AI is by far the best it's been ( not talking about robo QB) I played the Bills last night and 80% of Josh Allen's throws were of him scrambling and throwing on the run. Everything is better. For those that say there is no change gameplay wise between this and Madden 20 are either not very smart or just blinded by EA hate.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Operation Sports mobile app

Anyone saying there were no changes is incorrect.

Anyone saying there weren’t much needed changes made is very accurate. Too many game breaking flaws that kill any sort of sim experience.
Old 08-25-2020, 10:34 PM   #158
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I thought punting in the wind is now working based on my trusted advisors.

Is this not true?
Old 08-26-2020, 03:11 AM   #159
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram209
Roadman....trust me get it! It is A LOT better than 20. The movement the CPU QB AI is by far the best it's been ( not talking about robo QB) I played the Bills last night and 80% of Josh Allen's throws were of him scrambling and throwing on the run. Everything is better. For those that say there is no change gameplay wise between this and Madden 20 are either not very smart or just blinded by EA hate.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Operation Sports mobile app
In Madden 20,I beat the Bills with Houston 17-14 and in the second half, Josh Allen threw really aggressively and made it a close game. Even when I beat the Bills 31-6(I converted 3 3rd and goals into tds,so the score doesn't tell the whole story) in my Cowboys franchise,Allen still aggressively threw deep many times. Great,just great. If I buy Madden 21,now I'll have to be concerned with Allen throwing on the run as well lol.
Old 08-26-2020, 06:59 AM   #160
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Fired up M20 last night to compare playing QB as I REALLY want to get back into playing and have a coach mode CFM and a player CFM. I have been subpar at playing QB as games have gotten more complex. For me, I enjoyed playing QB in M21 more than I did M20. For someone like me who will play QB only and supersim defense, that’s enough for EA to snatch the 60 bucks right out of my pocket.

Pretty thankful for this EA Play thing and having the chance to see what the game is like prior to release!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »