Home

Madden NFL 22 Impressions Thread (PS5 / Xbox Series X|S)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 22 Impressions Thread (PS5 / Xbox Series X|S) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-15-2021, 04:12 PM   #337
MVP

sva91's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Madden NFL 22 Impressions Thread (PS5 / Xbox Series X|S)

To me game is just not very fun. Looks great, feels ok, but I just can’t get into it. Maybe I’m just older and don’t have the patience… idk. I really enjoy this years show and PES, but I think I’m just gonna give up on madden altogether. Hopefully ncaa or 2k game will be more fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-15-2021, 04:30 PM   #338
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
I genuinely am not looking to argue and try to bash the game. At all. I want 100% to like the game. But like I’ve said multiple times, if you can put backup quarterbacks in for your entire O-line and not have much of a difference, how is this not an issue? I’m not saying this is even the case in Madden 22. I haven’t tried it. But I probably will.

There’s people on every side of the spectrum here. Those that just like to troll, and those that defend the game until the end. I think both of those are dangerous in regards to having constructive criticism.

Sliders and trait editing will probably be big this year again. I know when i played against Winston who has a low rating I did notice some bad passes from him but also passes that Mahomes would easily make so it can be frustrating.
Old 08-15-2021, 04:55 PM   #339
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

WR/CB animations are so much better then they have been in the past. I think that is what has blown me away the most.

In past years, I felt like there was like, a force field around me when I would try and user the WR or CB and that I was getting pushed out of position by this force field, or that I really did not have control over them.

This year, I feel like there is so much control over whichever one I am.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 08-15-2021, 05:12 PM   #340
Rookie

YaBarber's Arena

Another year another broken and almost unplayable Madden. Every year people claim "this is the year!" only for the beta *full of glitches and known broken features* to be a better version than the full game 5 days before release.

At least the movement is on the path towards being more realistic.
Old 08-15-2021, 05:26 PM   #341
Rookie

YaBarber's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
I’m not sure about all of that, but I will say that if you can literally put backup quarterbacks at offensive line and not have really any difference at all in pass blocking, I would have some concerns.

Yup. Putting in actual backup QBs at OL should result in every one of those players getting tossed around by the DL. But in Madden, ratings rarely matter outside of players rated above probably 90 in the threshold.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2021, 05:40 PM   #342
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
WR/CB animations are so much better then they have been in the past. I think that is what has blown me away the most.

In past years, I felt like there was like, a force field around me when I would try and user the WR or CB and that I was getting pushed out of position by this force field, or that I really did not have control over them.

This year, I feel like there is so much control over whichever one I am.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

The animations may look better, but the coverage leading up to them is absolutely terrible.
Old 08-15-2021, 05:49 PM   #343
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCoachDx
The animations may look better, but the coverage leading up to them is absolutely terrible.
Outside of the bugs with zone coverage I felt the coverage was some of the best it had been. Now, I did increase pass coverage on All Madden to 55 for the User and 60 for the CPU, but DBs were actually moving with the WRs in a much better manner. Turning their hips when they should, breaking on cuts.

It's easily improved over next gen 21 when the new route running was causing a heap of issues with the coverage. In the time I've played I've seen the DBs and LBs move in a quality that about matches that of the new route running animations.

I only played a handful of games, but I never once saw a DB cut the wrong way which was a gigantic issue the last two years. Every time a WR broke in the DB broke in, they never ran 3 steps outside then back inside like would happen regularly in the past.

Now, the issues with zone coverage are terrible right now. The deep zones are broken and that isn't an exaggeration. Many other zones seem to be having issues and players are being left wide open for no reason other than bugged coverage.

If the zones are fixed in the day one patch then I'll be interested to see how coverage is moving forward. If it gets fixed and breaks nothing else then I think with some slider adjustments the coverage in the game can be tuned to be very good, the best it has been since the beta a few years ago when it was amazing then not nearly as good in the release.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 08-15-2021, 06:06 PM   #344
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
Madden NFL 22 Impressions Thread (PS5 / Xbox Series X|S)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsfan24
Sliders and trait editing will probably be big this year again. I know when i played against Winston who has a low rating I did notice some bad passes from him but also passes that Mahomes would easily make so it can be frustrating.

I agree. What’s so frustrating is that I had a game against the Browns where I dominated the entire game. Had momentum the whole time and they had fewer than 150 yards passing going into the 4th quarter. They had ran the ball about 75% of the time and then in the 4th quarter the finally abandoned the run and started passing. Mayfield proceeded to shred my secondary like he was Joe Montana reincarnated and wound up with over 400 yards passing as I lost to the Browns.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39

Last edited by Gagnon39; 08-15-2021 at 06:21 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »