Home

Madden 22 Franchise Relocation Help

This is a discussion on Madden 22 Franchise Relocation Help within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-01-2021, 01:21 PM   #1
MVP

SuperSeahawks's Arena

OVR: 14
Madden 22 Franchise Relocation Help

For the past few months I've been having a lot of fun with a NBA 2k22 league where I control one team (Knicks) acting as the GM while following the happenings of the rest of the league (watching parts of playoff games, NBA Finals, etc.). I plan on doing a similar type of league for Madden 22. I'll be making some changes to the teams (moving the Lions to an outdoor stadium as an example).

In 2k22, I moved the Clippers to Seattle and re-branded them the Sonics. I have some ideas to relocate several teams to other cities. I'll list some of my ideas and just want the forum's opinions on these ideas.

Move the Cardinals to St. Louis: I like the idea of bringing the Cardinals back to St. Louis. Not really sure if St. Louis is a bigger football town or not than Glendale/Phoenix. Also the Cardinals have been more successful in Arizona than in St. Louis.

Move the Raiders to Oakland Not really sure on this one; Raiders have been in Oakland for a lot of their history, but they kinda fit in Las Vegas and the new stadium is cool.

Move the Chargers to San Diego Seems like a slam dunk to move the Chargers back to San Diego. They're not really wanted in LA and it will leave LA for the Rams solely.

Move the Titans to Houston as the Oilers Not a big fan of the Titans and I think they would be more fun to see as the Oilers again. Only thing I don't like is having two teams in Houston and I can't turn the Texans into the Oilers.

Move the Jaguars to London as the Black Knights Also not a big fan of the Jaguars and London would be a bigger market than Jacksonville. I like the Jaguars uniforms, but they don't fit London and think that the Black Knights or Bulldogs would be a better team name for London.

Move the Giants or Jets to Brooklyn I think it would be very interesting to see the Giants or Jets actually play in New York and Brooklyn is the only city that works for that. Giants have a better history than the Jets, but based on my own research, the Jets are more popular in Kings County (the county where Brooklyn is located). Options for this one are to: relocate the Giants, relocate the Jets, or neither.

Let me know what you guys think. This is just for fun and wanted some other opinions on these potential relocation ideas.

PSN: SeahawkFan11OS

GT: SuperSeahawks

Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2021, 02:07 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 22 Franchise Relocation Help

I love all of those ideas, but theres going to be an issue. You can only relocate a team if they have a stadium rating (or something similar to that, I don't remember the exact name) lower than 20. When you start a franchise, the only team you can immediately relocate for the following season is the Titans. If you want to do all of those moves, you might have to be an owner of all those teams, jack up all the prices so people quit buying stuff, never upgrade your stadium, and sim 5 or so years in the future to tank your stadium rating.

I've been rolling with the Portland Snowhawks who was formerly the Titans, so its been a lot of fun, but definitely doesn't give you the relocation or expansion options like 2K does.
Old 09-01-2021, 02:39 PM   #3
MVP

SuperSeahawks's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffruel
I love all of those ideas, but theres going to be an issue. You can only relocate a team if they have a stadium rating (or something similar to that, I don't remember the exact name) lower than 20. When you start a franchise, the only team you can immediately relocate for the following season is the Titans. If you want to do all of those moves, you might have to be an owner of all those teams, jack up all the prices so people quit buying stuff, never upgrade your stadium, and sim 5 or so years in the future to tank your stadium rating.

I've been rolling with the Portland Snowhawks who was formerly the Titans, so its been a lot of fun, but definitely doesn't give you the relocation or expansion options like 2K does.
I tested it out and was able to do these relocations by changing the relocation setting to "Everyone can relocate" which worked for me in my testing of it.

PSN: SeahawkFan11OS

GT: SuperSeahawks

Twitch
Old 09-01-2021, 09:34 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSeahawks
I tested it out and was able to do these relocations by changing the relocation setting to "Everyone can relocate" which worked for me in my testing of it.
LOVE that. It works right away? Now I can do a Texans rebuild with a relocated team. And I love the idea about moving the Jets to Brooklyn. I’ll definitely steal that
Old 09-02-2021, 01:31 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffruel
LOVE that. It works right away? Now I can do a Texans rebuild with a relocated team. And I love the idea about moving the Jets to Brooklyn. I’ll definitely steal that
You'll still have to sim the first season to get them to actually move but yeah you can do that with any team. I'd suggest changing the setting to "All Users Can Relocate" instead so that you don't get random CPU teams relocating after a few seasons. In one of my leagues a few years ago the Rams moved to San Antonio and I didn't notice until midway through the next season.

Brooklyn does have some of the better relocation options out of all the choices. Just moved the WFT up there to become the Brooklyn Bulls.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »