Home

Madden Roster Editor V1

This is a discussion on Madden Roster Editor V1 within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2012, 02:08 AM   #577
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Madden Roster Editor V1

Posting a new update to...

1. Fix the exceptions on equip from 13 rosters.

2. Adding a Validate Players option that will make sure all players equipment is valid for 12, no stats over 99, and a valid college is chosen.

3. Check Duplicates to check for player ID duplicates... just in case.

4. Delete Player on the right-click menu ( or just hit delete in the main list ). There is NO confirmation box ( so its faster to delete a number of players ) so pay attention!

Big reasons for pushing this out now are the exceptions and that I found an issue where too many players on a roster causes issues ( hang starting fantasy draft, for instance ). The DB technically has space, but evidently the game doesn't. I suggest keeping rosters to around ~2400 players ( not counting greats ) as that seemed to work for me. YMMV.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:49 AM   #578
Rookie

STTV's Arena

OVR: 0

Hey Xan,
maybe you can use the value N/A for whats missing between the 12 and 13 rosters. Because the value "None" when referring to wristbands or whatever may be mistaken for no wristband instead of being equipment that doesn't exist and ends up replacing it with something generic. Just a thought. Awesome work man, you definitely the man.

Edit:
Actually want to refine my request. Is it possible to include the N/A Value to all pull down menus for when editing rosters older than 12 that may not have that specific field or option.

Last edited by STTV; 10-15-2012 at 03:12 AM.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:10 AM   #579
Rookie

OVR: 3

Xan, is there anyway you can add the ability to read Madden 13 CCM files in the editor? The patch improved Madden 13 tremendously and of course with custom rosters being able to be used in offline CCM, well it's going to be hard to play Madden 12 now.....only thing Madden 13 is missing now is the ability for us to customize our draft classes, hence my question
Old 10-15-2012, 10:50 AM   #580
Rookie

OVR: 1

I don't have 13, so I have no way of working on it.

Something to be weary of for 13 users btw, is that since adding in the dropdowns for equipment & the subsequent exceptions, I put in checks to make sure 'invalid' entries ( by 12 standards ) were defaulted / changed. In other words, in the current version, if you load a 13 roster that you intend to use in 13 and click a player with equipment options not in 12, their equipment will be changed.

Since the file contains no tell-tale signs of differences between 12 & 13 ( other than invalid values ), there's no good way to have dropdowns for stuff that work for one & don't effect the other automatically. I'll see what I can do about a checkbox style option, but its going to cause a bit of rewrite in a lot of areas so we'll see.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:56 AM   #581
Rookie

OVR: 0

Xan can I ask is the last selection tab after the position tab the years of experience tab if so I think this is the best way to find the UFA and just delete the players that have a salary of 31 or "310,000$" which every madden created UFA has.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2012, 12:41 PM   #582
Rookie

Noose's Arena

OVR: 8

Thanks for the new updates Xan.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:58 PM   #583
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MST246
You are not extracting the file correctly.The file you are extracting from horizon is the "Con file" (short for "container"). The file you want is inside the con file.Open the device in horizon find the file you want and drag it to a safe place for backup.Then,still from horizon,drag it to the left into the main body of horizon,a box will pop up with details of the file.Now,click the 'contents" tab,and there is your file.Right click this and extract it to the folder you are working from (same folder as editor is good).Mod the file how you want,and go back to horizon and right click the file again,but now select "replace" once that's done,click the rehash/resign button,and if done the way described here,it will rehash/resign and save right to the device.

I'd like to thank you for sir for explaining this in detail I found it quite informing and would like to know if there is a document or set of instructions explaining the various uses and functions in detail as to how to use this editor properly?

The Boss....Lead Man
Rickster101
Old 10-15-2012, 12:59 PM   #584
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathol
I don't have 13, so I have no way of working on it.

Something to be weary of for 13 users btw, is that since adding in the dropdowns for equipment & the subsequent exceptions, I put in checks to make sure 'invalid' entries ( by 12 standards ) were defaulted / changed. In other words, in the current version, if you load a 13 roster that you intend to use in 13 and click a player with equipment options not in 12, their equipment will be changed.

Since the file contains no tell-tale signs of differences between 12 & 13 ( other than invalid values ), there's no good way to have dropdowns for stuff that work for one & don't effect the other automatically. I'll see what I can do about a checkbox style option, but its going to cause a bit of rewrite in a lot of areas so we'll see.
Ok cool.....thanks for the new updates for the editor

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »