Home

Madden Roster Editor V1

This is a discussion on Madden Roster Editor V1 within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2012, 09:54 PM   #689
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Madden Roster Editor V1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan Marshall Swb
This is what I was testing.
(Tl;dr? I want to make sure the UDFAs never appear by making all the teams fill their roster during the last stage of the offseason. This is for seasons 2+.)

I just manually filled the teams with free agents during the Depth chart stage and no UDFAs were created.

Thank you!
Old 10-23-2012, 10:46 PM   #690
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

OVR: 20

I heard this worked for NCAA. Does it work for NCAA 13? Is it true? Thanks.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:59 PM   #691
Rookie

Noose's Arena

Quote:
This is what I was testing.
(Tl;dr? I want to make sure the UDFAs never appear by making all the teams fill their roster during the last stage of the offseason. This is for seasons 2+.)

I just manually filled the teams with free agents during the Depth chart stage and no UDFAs were created.
Nice find man, really! Any chance you know about how many players were needed to fill all rosters? I ask because I have been stock piling draft caps for players who I want to plug into franchise as UDFA's before the draft, players of course that will not be in the draft class. If it were possible to know the number, maybe a UDFA class could be made somehow and even possibly a distribute in the editor? I know I don't know anything about making that possible but if so it would be cool. As UDFA are usually those invited to camps, and rather then placing established FA's on rosters the UDFA's plugged onto teams who have open roster spots would be soooo sick! And their positions and skill levels wouldn't really be important as most are cut and lan back in the FA pool anyway. Just a thought, but regardless nice tests and look forward to seeing what comes of this option!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2012, 11:57 PM   #692
Rookie

Dylan Marshall Swb's Arena

OVR: 3

I think I had about 60 after the draft, but I signed a few people during Free agency. The Max is 83 (I'm pretty sure, it says it at the top during Free Agency Bidding.) Teams probably have somewhere between 50-60 players before UDFAs, in my opinion. So that's roughly 20-30 roster spots open.

The UDFA class thing is a great idea. I'd probably do like a 40-60 split between those 20-30 open spots in using the real UDFAs and Free Agents. So like 10 real UDFAs a team, and then add about 20 (or till the roster is full) using the veteran players in Free Agency, especially those lower players in the 55-70 range. They never get signed except by me.

(Note: the 10 real UDFAs per team was just pulled out of the air, but that is still 320 players. I think 15 would be better, but that's 480 players. That is a lot of players.)
Old 10-24-2012, 12:13 AM   #693
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

I'm soooo late to this scene - but seriously, where do I donate to the good man!? This is huge.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:33 AM   #694
Rookie

Noose's Arena

Quote:
I think I had about 60 after the draft, but I signed a few people during Free agency. The Max is 83 (I'm pretty sure, it says it at the top during Free Agency Bidding.) Teams probably have somewhere between 50-60 players before UDFAs, in my opinion. So that's roughly 20-30 roster spots open.

The UDFA class thing is a great idea. I'd probably do like a 40-60 split between those 20-30 open spots in using the real UDFAs and Free Agents. So like 10 real UDFAs a team, and then add about 20 (or till the roster is full) using the veteran players in Free Agency, especially those lower players in the 55-70 range. They never get signed except by me.

(Note: the 10 real UDFAs per team was just pulled out of the air, but that is still 320 players. I think 15 would be better, but that's 480 players. That is a lot of players.)
You're right that is alot of players, but it would be pretty cool to set it up just like that. Not sure how I feel about coming up with so many players projected to be UDFA's. After awhile I'd just be grabbing random names off of rosters, lol. Maybe not though, I'll think it over.The UDFA's would need to be added to the franchise before the draft correct?
Old 10-24-2012, 12:58 AM   #695
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

OVR: 20

Oh crap. Does this work for PS3? DO I need Horizon?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2012, 12:59 AM   #696
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

My major question is this...or 2 questions lol!!

1) Does this indeed work for NCAA 13?

2) If it does work for NCAA 13 and I wanted to global edit certain ratings...would it change the player Tendency? For example, If I wanted to lower all the running backs speed to like 50 and below across the board, would that change every back to a Power back?

I'm telling you...if the global edits don't affect the Tendency or the overall rating it's a wrap LOL!!!!! I will do some amazing things with NCAA 13!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »