Home

1985 Roster 360

This is a discussion on 1985 Roster 360 within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-01-2014, 08:41 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
1985 Roster 360

Hello all
Not sure how many people are interested in this, but I have created and will be uploading this to Madden Share tonight. The roster is for the 1985 season. Everything was done in game. I did not use the editor.

I know that may turn some people off from the roster but I have not used the editor before and created this roster for myself and figured I would throw it out there.

In any case, the rosters are for all 28 teams of the year. Player position and player race is accurate. Size is as close as I as could get without the editor. Equipment is correct for each player based on photo I could find. Numbers are also correct for each player.

There are issues however... Some teams did not have the in-game number of players at certain positions so I had to create a few players here and there. Sorry if that bothers you.

The other 4 teams are actually USFL teams from 1985. Those rosters are not as accurate as the NFL teams but the majority of the roster is correct for those teams.

Teams used are:
Ravens= Baltimore Stars
Jaguars= Jacksonville Bulls
Texans= Houston Gamblers
Panthers= NJ Generals

As a result, players such as Herschel Walker, Jim Kelly, Doug Flutie and Brian Sipe are in the game on these teams.

For the first upload of this roster, Free Agent have NOT been done. I plan to do them however, my time is limited so I am not sure how soon.

This roster is good for Play Now games or for offline CCM with 32 team control, especially if you play most of the games and only want to play through 1 season.

Player Ratings:
I have been playing Madden since the first Madden and I have spent a lot of time testing and researching other people's work testing player ratings vs statistics. For each position I created ratings based off of statistics. I am not going to go into great detail now, but if you are interested I can share the process. In any case, my goal was to make the players and each team play like the historic counterpart. You will notice that there is a wide difference between very good players and 3rd stringers. In some cases, starters on one team are far below the ability level of 2nd stringers on another team. This is on purpose an allows the teams to play more as they should.

I have also attached a file with the coaches of each team. Also included on the file is the recommended playbook and play calling percentages for each team from the 1985 season. This is very handy if you are creating a CCM with 32 team control.

I know some of you will stay away from this roster because it is made in game and not with the editor. If someone can explain to me how to take this roster and use the editor I am certainly interested in entertaining that idea.

In any case, please provide constructive feedback if you use the roster.

gamertag is Iteachdrums
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 1985 coaches.pdf (26.6 KB, 34 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2014, 09:02 PM   #2
MVP

Re: 1985 Roster 360

The file is now up on Madden Share for those interested.
Old 01-01-2014, 09:18 PM   #3
Pro

metallicarl's Arena

OVR: 2

Hope someone can get these to PS3, would love to play with this. The editor is pretty easy to use, especially for entering names and changing player info. The hardest part of using the editor for me was installing it and using it the first couple of times. After that it is pretty easy!!
Old 01-01-2014, 09:23 PM   #4
MVP

I will have to give the editor a try. Would I be able to take the roster I made and simply adjust the player info and remove dreadlocks and such? Or will that create problems with the roster I have made?
Old 01-01-2014, 09:54 PM   #5
Pro

metallicarl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
I will have to give the editor a try. Would I be able to take the roster I made and simply adjust the player info and remove dreadlocks and such? Or will that create problems with the roster I have made?
It shouldnt be a problem, but I dont know much about xbox. I'm working on a roster for PS3 and I have only had a few issues. It is really straightforward to change physical attributes and names, just as easy as typing with no load times. Removing dreads, changing skin tones, and player pictures is a little slower. What I do is make a list of players with the wrong skin tone, then in game scroll thru the players and find a player I want the other one to look like and write it down. Then in the editor I just swap the attributes. After doing it for awhile you learn what each number means. I still change player ratings in game because I like to see how the OVR changes when I change a rating. Give it a try...I'll ask around and see if someone can convert this to ps3 cause I'm dying to play this!!! I used to do rosters for myself too and played them more than current rosters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2014, 02:48 PM   #6
MVP

If someone can provide me a link to the programs I need for the editor I will try to work on using it to make this roster better. The only link I have found appears to be for Madden 12. Is it the same editor?
Old 01-03-2014, 06:49 PM   #7
Pro

metallicarl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
If someone can provide me a link to the programs I need for the editor I will try to work on using it to make this roster better. The only link I have found appears to be for Madden 12. Is it the same editor?
The Madden 12 editor is the correct one, it works on 12 and M25 and I believe 10,11 also.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:48 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicarl
The Madden 12 editor is the correct one, it works on 12 and M25 and I believe 10,11 also.
I got it working and wow do I feel like an idiot!!! The editor is soooo easy to use! I wish I would have been using it from the start. Oh well, I am in the process of getting heights, weights and years pro adjusted.

I will then get the Free agents finished up, which will now be much easier.

Also, if you are able to get your 1972 roster moved over to xbox 360 let me know, I would really like to try that out!

thank for the help and the encouragement to try to editor!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »