Home

2 Runningback System sliders

This is a discussion on 2 Runningback System sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-01-2010, 08:45 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: 2 Runningback System sliders

I am not a guy very apt at testing but it seems to me that the Fatigue setting in conjunction with the game length is going to determine sub in/out, I usually play with fatigue between 60-77
and have my positional sub settings rather high ex. DT 85/88 and I see substitutions on mid level drives 6-7-8 plays....Im not sure thats accurate but I have always felt the sub in/out setting mattered less that matching fat with game lenght.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:02 PM   #10
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37

trying to do it based on fatigue, you run the risk of the substitution bug kicking in and then never seeing one (or both) of the players for the rest of the game... best bet is to use formation subs to get RB2 in when you want to use him.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:22 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
trying to do it based on fatigue, you run the risk of the substitution bug kicking in and then never seeing one (or both) of the players for the rest of the game... best bet is to use formation subs to get RB2 in when you want to use him.
Man, I guessed I would here this response and its probably true

I will win...
NBA-Bulls, Thunder
NFL-Da Bears, Eagles
MLB-Whitesox
C-Football-The Ohio State University, Illinois
C-Basketball-Duke
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2010, 10:44 PM   #12
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

OVR: 46

I use 83/84 on 12 minute quarters, and my backup gets some carries when my starting RB gets a little tired, like after a long run. But, its not 50/50. So if you want 50/50 you will have to adjust that.

Also, I don't play 5 minute quarters so I don't know if they will get fatigued enough on 50 fatigue to substitute with 5 minute quarters. You may have to increase your fatigue slider to 75 or 100.

Good luck.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:46 PM   #13
Rookie

Victor Fox's Arena

OVR: 6

I've been trying to figure this out, as well. The best I can do to make it (almost) automatic is to use formation subs. From the play select screen, I set my #2 back (the speedster) to always take the ball from any 2TE sets with Tosses, Stretches, etc. I also set him to always run the Wildcat. That way, my #1 back (the powerback) is taking the carries up the middle.
The UCLA Bruins

And I'm moving to Chicago so...
The Green Bay Packers!
Old 01-21-2010, 05:15 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

I have found the closes setting for a 2 Running back System... I got these setting for regular default sliders, since that is what is used for online play... I use 89/94 but may move to 89/93..

I just played with the jets and Thomas Jones had 12 carries and Shonn Greene had 8... All done by autosubs...

Jones did come out in the last minute of the game which is why I may switch to 89/93...

This is definitely the closest I've come and its work consistently for three games... two against the computer, then the one above online...

Try it out and let me know
Old 01-21-2010, 10:42 AM   #15
Pro

OVR: 12

I play 12 min quarters w/ 15 sec runoff and I've found 86/87 sub in/out sliders result in a pretty realistic two-back system.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2010, 06:05 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

most people, I would think, only play 7 min. quarters... 12 min. just way too long... I would think the idea of a video game is to try to get as much realism as possible in a shorter game... takes like 40 minutes for a 7 min game... Also online play is only 7 min. quarters which is the only thing I play...

Not knocking playing 12 mins. by the way, but rather trying to show you where I'm comin from and what i'm trying to achieve...

All the best!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »