Home

Bill's v3 Realism Sliders

This is a discussion on Bill's v3 Realism Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2009, 01:58 AM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Bill's v3 Realism Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by budsticky
Hey Bill, I'm testing out your coach sliders right now...check your PM.
How are you testing these out? Where did you see them?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2009, 03:20 AM   #82
Pro

budsticky's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister
How are you testing these out? Where did you see them?
Sorry..didn't mean to start a false alarm. Me and Bill have been discussing coach mode sliders based off of his regular slider set so he sent me his preliminary coach settings via PM so I could give them a run through. I'm sure he'll have them posted tomorrow.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:40 AM   #83
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by billharris44
Mostly, but most other people don't. I'm putting up coach sliders shortly.
cool, i don`t play coach mode but the way i play (no switching on defense and only playing as QB) make more sense to use the coach sliders set instead of this.

IF you want me to test them let me know, and send me a PM.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:51 AM   #84
Pro

budsticky's Arena

OVR: 13

GAME REPORT-V3 SLIDERS-REGULAR MODE(NOT COACH MODE)

NOTE:
When I play regular mode I play normal on offense controlling my QB and taking control of the RB and receivers when they get involved...basically full control. I do use jukes, speed burst, and trucking, so I lowered human Broken Tackles from 51 as they are on Bill's set to 30 and it seems to work great. All my other human sliders are true to v3. On defense I always control a lineman..for the Pats I take Wilfork (by the way this is so much more fun in Madden 10 with the moves mapped to the right stick). If the play goes away from him I don't switch to another defender. Anyways...all my sliders are true to v3 except for what I mentioned. This is just to give you an idea of how I play. On with the motley:

I just had a great game. It was game 3 in my Patriots franchise and I was taking my 1-1 record into Foxboro to host the 2-0 Falcons. If I had to give this game a name it would be A Tale Of Two Halves.

The first half was the sloppiest played football I've yet to see and I loved it. Why would I love a poorly played half? It's a change of pace. Most of my games with sliders have been mainly offensive affairs with a lot of precision passing by both me and the CPU(but mostly the CPU). Not this first half. Brady and Ryan were both cleanly missing targets. I was literally flinging the ball well past receivers. It didn't seem to make a difference if my feet were planted and the receiver was open. It seemed like I would either throw wide or overthrow. Matt Ryan was not much better. It was so unusual I actually had to go into my slider settings to make sure I didn't accidentally tick something over in the wrong direction. Nope. All sliders were cool. The half featured 4 interceptions. Brady threw 3-Yikes! Ryan threw 1. Brady's lone shining moment didn't even really have a lot to do with him -a screen pass to Randy Moss that went 36 yards for a TD. For Matt Ryan's efforts Atlanta was able to muster 2 field goals. At the end of the half both QBs were hovering around 40% for completions.

Score at the half:
ATL-6 NE-7

The second half came and both quarterbacks must have decided it was time to stop embarrassing themselves. Brady really stepped it up though. All of a sudden the passes that were off target in the first half were finding their way to the receivers. Matt Ryan improved too, but not to the degree of Tom Brady. The half featured 2 TD passes by Brady along with 3 marches up the field that led to field goals. Atlanta scored 2 TDs of their own, one on a 74 yard run by Turner with a 2-pt conversion tacked on. They also added a field goal. Speaking of Turner, I had him bottled up all game. When you look at his stats below consider his 74 yard TD run. Take that away and you will see that NE held him in check all game. This contributed to the ineffectiveness of Matt Ryan.

Final Score:
ATL-24 NE-30

STATS

NEW ENGLAND

PASSING:
Brady: 25-44-251 56% 3TD 3INT

RUSHING:
Morris: 21-80 3.8avg
Taylor: 2-5 2.5avg
Thomas: 1-3
Faulk: 1-1

RECEIVING:
Welker: 7-41
Morris: 6-32
Moss: 5-85 2TD
Faulk: 3-19
Aiken: 2-39
Edelman: 1-27 TD
Lewis: 1-8

DEFENSE:
Bodden: 1 INT
Warren: 2 Sacks

ATLANTA

PASSING:
Ryan: 14-28-117 50% 0TD 1INT
Redman: 6-9-70 66% 1TD 0INT

RUSHING:
Turner: 23-120 5.2avg 1TD
Norwood: 4-8 2.0avg

RECEIVING:
Finneran: 6-39
Kelly: 4-37
White: 3-37
Williams: 2-17
Jenkins: 2-30
Douglas: 1-5 TD
Snelling: 1-11
Gonzalez: 1-1

DEFENSE:
Nicholas: 1 INT
Lofton: 1INT
Coleman: 1INT
Moore: 1 Sack

Last edited by budsticky; 08-28-2009 at 04:07 AM.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:01 AM   #85
Rookie

OVR: 2

I just played a game with the Lions against the Saints to give these a test run.

I did not like the sliders.

I won 29-14, which seems like a somewhat reasonable score...

However, I was up 23-0 in the first quarter. After that, I just kinda messed around, and the computer caught up a little bit. I ran for over 170 yards with Kevin Smith and a 5 YPC. I picked off Brees four times, and held Pierre Thomas to a just around 1 YPC. Maybe it was beginner's luck with the sliders, but I am not impressed. I'll give it one more go around, but after that, I'll have to tune these to my playing style.

To be precise, here are the problems

1) Too easy to run. I was getting destroyed when needing some pass protection, but then these guys can turn around and open up huge wholes? Uhh... arlight
2) Too many picks. Brees is a top flight QB, and against the Lions' secondary, he should have easily picked me apart. He never did. His two TD passes, came on a short pass that was broken for a TD, and a fullback flat pass, after a fumble.
3) No penalties for me until the fourth quarter, where I was called for one holding. I guess that's more an EA thing...
4) Fast feels unrealistic. I feel like I'm playing an arcade game at times.

Those are the only things I can remember. I really want a slider set to work well, but I just haven't found that yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2009, 08:56 AM   #86
Rookie

OVR: 5

I played 2 games last night with these and both games I had were blowouts. I beat atl with the raiders 41-14 then beat the patriots 48-10 with the dolphins. The pats were down to there third string Qb by the half. Anyways I'll give them another try using a weak team against the colts or something.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:56 AM   #87
All Star

OVR: 33

I've been destroying the CPU like scoring 50+ points per game. ALthough my team is absolutely insane.

So I don't know it these slider sets are easy, or my team is distorting the difficulty.

Anybody give me the heads up, on how challenging this is with normal teams?
Old 08-28-2009, 10:20 AM   #88
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

I played almost a half with these last night in coach mode before falling asleep on the couch.

The matchup was TEN @ SEA (me). We had a 6-0 and was moving the ball very well while they weren't necessarily so successful. The score was tight though despite them being a better rated team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »