Home

Bill's v3 Realism Sliders

This is a discussion on Bill's v3 Realism Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2009, 10:20 PM   #17
Pro

Ankido's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Bill's v3 Realism Sliders

Don't touch the speed, leave it at fast. I've explained this before in other threads. The speed settings are designed for difficulty level. The slower the speed, the easier the game becomes. You can read defenses a lot faster and avoid sacks. If you're looking for Sunday football, you'll find them in Bill's sliders. I've tried every slider set and none of them compared to Bill's. Like I said before and I'll say it again (should probably put this on my signature) Bill's sliders piss me off and I can't seem to stay sitting down while playing. Guess what? That's what I do on Sundays when I'm watching football.

Great Job Bill!
Old 08-26-2009, 10:28 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 9

Side note on punting accuracy at 80. I don't know if I'm just a stud on the punt stick or what =P, but I'm getting a lot of coffin corners. Low on the priority scale I know, but I thought I'd mention it in case it hasn't been looked at closely yet.

Course I haven't changed it because I love pinning them deep so I may be tattling on myself right now
Old 08-26-2009, 10:32 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by billharris44
I think you can make the case, since he was running an absolutely straight pattern in the game, that "Very Fast" is probably the closest match. However, "Fast" is very close as well. I think it's more a question of personal preference in terms of how you like the game to look and feel.

That's what I was looking for thanks. I did see this over on the other thread, but had wondered if further testing had led you to actually lean toward fast for a reason other than simple preference.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:45 PM   #20
Pro

Ankido's Arena

I currently have the Broken Tackles set at 41. How low do you want me to set this since I use the stick to truck and juke? I'm not sure what's accurate for the sliders. The lower I go the less tackles I break?
Old 08-26-2009, 11:16 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankido
I currently have the Broken Tackles set at 41. How low do you want me to set this since I use the stick to truck and juke? I'm not sure what's accurate for the sliders. The lower I go the less tackles I break?
Yes. It depends on how realistic you want it to be. To try a reasonable test, go into practice mode and use Adrian Peterson or someone who is known break a lot of tackles. If you get stoned, then up the setting. If you're killing it, then go down about 5 steps at a time. That should pretty quickly get you to a setting that's good for your style of play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2009, 11:27 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

I use the truck stick and spin, currently I have Human break tackle at 30 and that seems like its in the ballpark, also I like to set the Human fumbles to 20 or so due to the ability to use the cover up button which works. Spin manuver may be overpowered and might have to go into the house rules dustbin.

And hey folks! Don't forget to set up the menu music for Sam Spence tunes only, no remixes!

Last edited by Bumbles; 08-26-2009 at 11:37 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:41 PM   #23
Pro

Ankido's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumbles
I use the truck stick and spin, currently I have Human break tackle at 30 and that seems like its in the ballpark, also I like to set the Human fumbles to 20 or so due to the ability to use the cover up button which works. Spin manuver may be overpowered and might have to go into the house rules dustbin.

And hey folks! Don't forget to set up the menu music for Sam Spence tunes only, no remixes!
What if you like gangster and devil music?
Old 08-27-2009, 12:03 AM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankido
What if you like gangster and devil music?
LOL Seriously.

I just played a game HOU v. NO (CPU)

My numbers were legit, but the pass first Saints got down and decided to throw 50 times. Pierre Thomas went 15 for 55, but because of the 400+ passing yards I decided to wait to post stats for another game. You'll just have to trust me that most of the other numbers were realistic lol.

Oh yeah and I almost forgot to mention. The Saints were down by less than a touchdown in the second quarter and decided to punt the ball on 4th and medium at the the 20 instead of kicking the FG. I forgot to save the replay =( Anyone else had that happen yet?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »