Home

WTBB's Simulation Ratings Based All-Madden Sliders

This is a discussion on WTBB's Simulation Ratings Based All-Madden Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2013, 04:36 PM   #1
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7
WTBB's Simulation Ratings Based All-Madden Sliders

*CCM Only. Online or offline.

*NOTE: ALL videos made on Fast or Normal. I cannot confirm everything I've seen on slower gamespeeds. The interactions change and the ball physics change once you go below normal. You can still run these sliders but some things just change on the slower gamespeeds that you cannot account for. Put it on normal and play a game. You will see how smooth it is and not have a reason to go back, of course unless you want to

*Thanks to a tip I use this great OS resource and a second controller to change the CPU playbooks in my CCM. Just slide the 2nd controller over, pick the playbooks, and slide back to the middle and start with the first controller and turn the 2nd one off.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...fline-ccm.html

UPDATE 2/24!
Raised clipping to 50. Lowered holding to 1. Lowered CPU BTK to 6. RB Fatigue 81/79.

Last 3 games of Cheifs CCM (reverse order)
vs DEN - 47-44 OT
Manning 44/64 488yds 4TD/3INT 7.6ypa
McGahee 21-88 4.2 1TD 1FUM

vs OAK - 7-20
Palmer 21/30 147yds 2TD/INT 4.9ypa
McFadden 20-152 5.1 2FUM

vs Steelers 25-19 OT
Roethlisberger 30/52 364yds 2TD 0INT 7.0ypa
Kevin Smith 18-35 1.9

HUMAN

QBA 17
Pass Blocking 17
Catching 52
Break Tackle 17
Run Blocking 17
Fumble 52
Pass Reaction 17
Interception 35
Pass Rushing 6
Rush Reaction 17
Block Shedding 6
Tackle 52

CPU

QBA 52
Pass Blocking 69
Catching 52
Break Tackle 6 (or 0 if you feel like too many BTKs)
Run Blocking 35
Fumble 52
Pass Reaction 17
Interception 35
Pass Rushing 35
Rush Reaction 69
Block Shedding 35
Tackle 35

Injuries:65
Fatigue:35
Threshold: 100

Offisde:1
FalseStart:50
Holding:1
FaceMask:1
DPI:50
OPI:46
PCI:50
Clipping:50
IG:99
RTP:1
RTK:1

Default Autosubs. RB 91/89

NEWEST VIDEOS

Initial base theory
After I went back to All-Madden with all the info I gained from playing on all pro and how the sliders don't effect as much as we think. The plays just play out differently which is the randomness of the NFL but we see 2 drops in a row, or 3 missed tackles in a row and we go into the menu and changed the sliders.

Here's what I did. I looked at all the different sliders for different difficulties.

Rookie = 100HUM + 50CPU = 150 for each slider.
Pro = 75HUM + 50CPU = 125
All-Pro = 50HUM + 50CPU = 100
All-Madden = 25 + 50 = 75

Also noted BTK/WR are equal for both on All-madden while everything else is different. On ever other set all numbers are equal for both sides.

The totals add up to 900vs600 for Pro. 600vs600 for All-Pro. 350vs600 for all-madden. This tell's me that the CPU doesn't need to go above 600 and will play to the full potential of their ratings.

What I did was keep the balance in the sections so If I took points away from one thing I added to them to to another thing in that same category. I did not try to do CPU vs HUM, just keeping the numbers how they started. But based on what I've learned. So for example, HUM Passing

On All-Madden its 25, 25, 50. We know that PBK higher only makes the LTs kick out more and doesn't really make them block better or longer. Just increases their awareness to what I feel is an unrealistic level. So I put PBK on 0. 1, 5, 10 don't d make a difference. Just ruin the consistency of the game. So I have 25 points to work with and I know I don't need them in QBA so I put them in catch. Thats 25/0/75.

Hum Rushing starts 50/25/25. From what I've seen Fumble is a lot more important to break tackle in making the game fluid and making the RBs play like RBs who have been doing this since they were 6. I've had it on 100, 95, 75, everything. There really isn't a dramatic difference except for when its higher or lower than tackle. But the higher you go the better the RBs are, but of course too high and its unrealistic and throws off the balance. So I just switch the 50 from BTK to FUM.

Pass D. is all 25's and I leave it. All-madden pass D should be fine right? Don't want to put pass rush on 0 like i always do because then i'm ruining consistency. actually now I see STRONG pass rushers that push the center of the pocket. Much much more than before. And the CPU has no problem seeing open receivers. I think when we change this we completely ruin the CPU's ability to read defenses properly and then we go to IG to make them throw fast and then its just a mess.

Rush D. I know from my testing that the defense really doesn't need help shedding blocks. What they need help with is keeping up with this "new" RB that is making jukes and cuts and trying to get away or through them. When it was lower in my testing the defenders were at too much at a disadvantage. When I upped Rush Reaction they all played like Willis. So then I was just trying to balance an unrealistic setting with other settings. I also notice the tackle ANIMATIONS are determined by the fumble slider being higher. So they nice wraps and take downs come from the RBs having better balance and footwork so the defenders have to try harder to bring them all the way down or else they won't be able to. So I take the 25 points from Block Shed and put them to Rush reaction.

Same concept for CPU. 25 from QBA to WR catch. Leave PBK on 50. Don't screw with the QBs ability to judge how much time he has. But we have to adjust how many shots he takes downfield because they will get way too greedy. Also the WRs need help having that advantage over the DBs IMO when going up for the ball. I've tested it over and over and on 75 the WRs initiate an attempt for the ball. User and CPU. If I hold Y with it lower a lot of times nothing happens at all. This doesn't make the WR catch it 75% of the time in "tough catch situations" it just makes him attempt the catch and the results are great.

I take the same concept for Rush. Take 25 points from BTK and put it FUM.

On pass D I know the pass rush is too high on all-madden and I like 50 reaction time and 75 INT with 0 PR from testing so I just take those 25 points from pass rush and put them to INT but I dont zero out pass rush.

On run defense however I know the CPU needs help keeping up with me. I juke alot, I spin, I try to score every play. With Fumble higher I have more control of the RB and the RBs perform the inputs better. Just like when the CPU is making moves and my defenders can't keep up the CPU needs to be able to keep up, if not stay ahead of me and make me earn it. So I take 50 from Block shedding and put 25 in rush reaction and 25 in tackling.

And thats it. That was my base then I began tweaking.

Thats when I ran those practice scenarios I posted about and then went to playnow. The only penalty I changed was roughing the kicker (a phantom penalty, involving special teams play, but somehow it effects the pursuit angles). On Johnsons TD run I saw the CPU defender on my team make a weird hitch step for no reason at all instead of going at the RB like he was in practice. So this is the only thing I change. I leave the rest the same and the game performs as smoothly as it does in practice mode.

VIDEO EXAMPLES

A simple run that's so hard to get the CPU to do. Just run straight if no one gives you a reason to move! Trust your blocking. When I change sliders around too much they don't trust blocking and everything is out of sync.

Here's CJ at his best. On the perimeter with a 1 on 1 tackler. This is where he loves to be and where any defender would be shaky in bringing him down. See how he takes the toss and aims at the outside shoulder of the most outside defender? Thats the vision RBs need to have. Before he would do something random with no one close by and completely ruin the success of the toss. Or I've ramped up the defense so much with sliders/penalties that they can't successfully run a toss. On my last set I have teams running fine up the middle but EVERY toss is a negative play and the CPU doesn't just stop running them. That shows me the D is overpowered. This shows me realistic defense that I ruin by running like an idiot lol. See how I'm sprinting to where I think'll meet him and the contact slows him down so I miss. I should be strafing right into a big hit. Also notice how He moves AWAY from the defender as he approaches. CJ doesn't like getting tackled. Before RBs seem to LOOK for contact, even the small fast ones.

Probably the biggest reason I don't want to change anything is this run. Benson is a perennial "madden slow" RB that people hate to use, well really can't use, because of the way default madden plays. default madden preaches wide open hole or bounce it all the way outside. Most players have come to live by that and using a player like benson leads to nothing but TFL's by the DE's and OLB's so they sub in a fast RB instead of pounding inside. Because theres never any room inside and Benson is a power back who will just fall down. Not with these sliders. See how there is room in the middle against that weakarse Jaguars front. Look at the push. But still I have a perfect chance for a 1 on 1 tackle in the hole but I sprint it out and miss the tackle. I also panic and switch to the other player and run right into the blocker. But look how Benson covers the ball, hes a power back. He's preparing for contact. Then when hes in the open field he runs away for the TD.

And here's locker checking down the RB just fine in the face of a heavy blitz.

Just a cool animation. On different settings but Fast speed 100 threshold leads to all these animations I think.

I finally keep it inside with Turner and am able to get some yards. Then I run a play action pass to Julio that gets broken up by the trailing Safety. My guard pulled and got a really nice block on the LB and Turner was able to keep his balance as I rubbed up against a blocker. First time I felt like I was running with a power back. I've been going side to side with Turner way too much. With Fumble high power backs can keep their balance and fight through tackles and get that inside yardage. (Different sliders, same speed/thresh to show animations and what high fumble/btk/balance can do)

Then I try to hit Julio on the deep post off of playaction. Wanted to highlight the WR's footwork and the defenders reactions to the ball. See the more physical, less coverage Saints safety's are not able to make a play on the ball but one is smarter and makes a play on the receiver. I could do this same scenario again and maybe Julio hangs on, maybe the S jumps him, maybe they dont bite on the PA if I dont have a 10 yard run before it. (different sliders but 75 WR catch, to show the DB's can keep up with it but WRs can make great catches. Balance.)

Look at the interaction, plus Palmer can't throw. This was on other settings, see how bad that looks. But again, highlighting the animations.

Headtracking on DB swat/passblocking [VOLUME CHECK]

WR/DB interaction

Fatigue/Autosubs
This is key, and part of the reason I included "Simulation" in the title. Here's my stance on fatigue: Most position's, players in general, dont sub because they are tired. RBs and WRs do sometimes have long runs or if they take a big shot. Your QB or oline is never sitting a play because they got tired. Same goes for your defense for the most part. LBs and Dlineman get rotated by their coaches for packages, freshnesss, we CANNOT rely on madden to this based off fatigue.

Game Options

Skill Level: All-Madden
Playcall style: Preference.
QTR Length: 15 minutes.
Acc Clock: Preference (I use 13 against CPU. 20 in head to head)
Autostrafe: OFF (If you plan on playing a lot user D, i do, learn to use the Strafe trigger to move in small spaces and square up for tackles)
Autosprint: ON (Never push sprint. Juices CPU pursuit)
Injuries: 65
Fatigue: 35
Gamespeed: FAST/Preference.
Player Min Speed Threshold: 100
Coachmode: Optional

Please set the Skil Level first. Use gameflow and just push X if you want to pick your own play. QTR Length and Acc Clock are really just preferences based on how long of a game you have time to sit down for and if you want a real number of plays. Still testing fatigue/injuries but with it on 35 if a team has a long drive you WILL have to take into account the fatigue of your players. If you turn the ball over after a long drive look out. If you go 3 and out, lookout. If you can't get off the field on 3rd down, look out! I'll let the videos speak for the validity of Fast speed and 100 thresh.

And that's it folks. I don't have any house rules. Do what you have to do to stop the CPU. Do what you have to do to score as many points as you can. I'm confident that these sliders force you to play within the limits of the team you are using. You can still score every drive with the browns if you are patient, quick, and can really mix up your play calling. Like I said this is simulation, you will have to audible, shift you line, use the Total control passing, be careful on defense: don't dive at tackles, go for the swat, don't screw up a players gap assignment (yes gap in the run game) or coverage assignment or else you will play. Have confidence in your QB's throws, even if your QB is weak stick to those short throws and theres no reason you cant have success. It's harder of course when you cant spread the field and just throw 10 yards every play but its real. If your LG can't hold a block, get a new LG. If you'r D can't stop the run change your play calling. If they can't stop the pass, change your play calling. If they can't stop either, learn how to user and get use to playing with a bad defense and try to cause turnovers. If the DB's are taking the wrong pursuit angle, bring them closer to the LOS they obviously don't operate too well in space. Or get some new DBs. If you are getting gashed with 7 in the box you NEED 8. If 8 isn't working you NEED 9. If you don't want to give up a big pass play you better not be bringing a safety down TO the LOS, you have to keep them at a respectable distance or the CPU will throw it over top and because their WR has 75 catch they are not going to just watch you intercept it. Chasing defenders on a streak are at the BIGGEST disadvantage on defense and if you give them that throw and they get 50 on you jumping over someone thats on you. That's how it goes. But if we don't give the CPU this ability then there is no fear on D. there is no reason I can't just safety blitz to stop the run and get easy sacks because if throws deep i'll get the easy user pick. It's going to be tough at first but theres no reason I should be able to stop the Packers with the Jaguars D without spectacular playcalling and user skills and its showing, down 14-0 in the first. Hopefully you all have fun with these. The nights of testing for a drive, changing a slider, and restarting are over for me! Trying to chase constant perfection from all the players isn't realistic. I wasn't shutting teams down with the Falcon's defense like it was the 49ers . Like KB said "more football, less madden"!

User submitted:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=u4x1TJ3Rcz0

Last edited by wordtobigbird; 02-25-2013 at 04:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2013, 05:14 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: WTBB's Simulation Ratings Based All-Madden Sliders

This looks solid! I'll give these a go in my next game of an already started CCM....I will input these settings in the main menu and then load up CCM and do the same. All of this makes total sense to me, however I am worried about the CPU INT!!!! But, I've never played with 75 Catch either, I better be smart about my throws! I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:42 PM   #3
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAB8
This looks solid! I'll give these a go in my next game of an already started CCM....I will input these settings in the main menu and then load up CCM and do the same. All of this makes total sense to me, however I am worried about the CPU INT!!!! But, I've never played with 75 Catch either, I better be smart about my throws! I'll let you know how it goes.
You have to reason to be worried my friend!

Seriously though, if you throw it AT DBs are who WATCHING the QB they are going to react to it and it may not end good for you depending on the player and how far they are from wherever you are throwing it. That being said the CPU still does plenty of swats, they INT gimme INTs as they should. You can still throw it on them you just have to play close attention to the defenders now.

I just had an 8 play TD drive in the 2 minute drill after having to punt on my first 2 drives against the Bucs.

-2 Yard Rush by Turner. I'm a creature of habit and still try bouncing it outside with Gonzalez blocking a LB on that side and the LB easily sheds and tackles me as my slow *** tries to pull away.

-On the next play I throw the pass AFTER Gonzo makes his break on an in route against zone. The safety over top jumps down on him but he is no where near to break up the play. But there is a LB just standing between the hashes watching me. As I throw it he back pedals and moves in front of the pass for an easy swat. Probably should have been picked if that LB was anyone decent back there.

-I throw it to the flat RIGHT away against a blitz out of shotgun to my Slot receiver. There are only 2 defenders on that side and I get 14 before I get pushed out to the sideline.

-This time I throw a slant to the right against zone between the nickle CB and the LB. They both break on it but theres plenty of space for Julio to make the catch before getting his back jumped on.

-They blitz the MLB so I try to throw it to the flat again. Except this time I'm not paying attention and it's Turner out there. He can't run a route for ish obviously. And the Nickle CB is all over him and hits him and Turner drops it.
-I go back to my trusty slot. Coming on a drag. He crosses in front of the LB who drops to cover the quick pass to the TE. I throw it out in front of Douglas and he's able to catch and turn on the LB for an extra 4. 9 yards total. Lb still makes tackle, Quick turn, quick 4 yards.

-This time I try to throw it to the flat against coverage. Everyone drops except 4. I'm in shotgun and throw it before I can even finish that little dropback step. Its 4 widetight and Roddy is on the outside, Slot WR off LOS, LT. CB lines up right over top of both. But its a zone and the CB breaks off to the flat right where roddy is headed, the slot CB is doing a purple zone and at the snap turns and sprints to the sideline. But the Slot WR runs starts out inside so he bails on that sprint and goes to Roddy. Roddy is the Only player on my team left of the hash and I'm on the right hash. The safety strafes as I throw and breaks on the ball. From 3 yards behind when the ball is thrown he takes right step, left foot plants and he dives forward with his left arm out to knock the ball down. Another probably shouldve been INT against a better team.

-I get tired of the short stuff. At my 44, I see they are in 3-3-5 nickle. This is a big zone blitz package. It's 2nd and 10, they are up by 14 with less than 2 minutes til half. Out of the shotgun Julio is the only receiver to the right. A CB 5 yards off and the S inside the numbers, 10 yards away from LOS. Pretty shallow. Rookie S too. The ball is snapped and the safety steps forward. You have to make your decision this quick, I know that since he stepped forward Julio is BEAST and can handle anyone 1 on 1. I let the hole dropback finish this time and hit the button. The CB really lost because he cheated inside at the snap and let Julio have the sideline. He his back to the sideline and is watching me throw so I know Julio can make up the yard gap. The CB turns his head for split second to go into an all out sprint and then looks back again. Julio never takes his eyes off me from the snap. The pass is perfect, the CB runs just too far and is just too small to compete with the future best WR in the NFL and its an easy catch for him but one you would never see with lower WR catch. Video coming soon!
Old 01-27-2013, 06:15 PM   #4
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

Beast! Notice the wobble on the snap! Didn't even see that til now. I did see one muffed punt by GB.

Buttttttt I'm not able to stop them on their 4th qtr drive and Hamster runs it right down my throat against "conservative" calls from the gameflow and me pressing X to tackle instead of actually making the tackle and the CPU is breaking those now. As you can see from the blue circle I missed those tackles. That's when I decided to blitz without bringing the safety up.

Also just when I think, maybe 75 is too high but oh well it keeps the balance, because Julio leaps over another guy and Douglas gets a one handed catch that leads to a FG in the redzone. I have this happen on 4th and long with less than 2 minutes to go, down by 8 on my own 20something. I try to take off before the catch is secure and it falls right to the ground! FAIL! Haha should've thrown it to trust Roddy, was ignoring him all game.

With only 5 minute QTRs, Freeman goes 3/6 57 yards 1TD 1INT Longof46. Martin kills me for 150 on 16 carries against soft defenses and bad tackling. Freeman had 1 scramble for 17 and one time he ran for -1. Freeman ONLY completed passes to TE Clark. ROLB was leading tackling wth 4 for them.

I went 14/23 with Matt Ryan, yea I'm pass happy so what lol, for 194 1TD no INTs Longof44. Never even tried to get my running game going. Turner was 4 for 2 yards, long of 3, 6 yards after first hit. Rodgers was 2 for 3 long of 5 6yards after first hit. Martin had 63! yards after contact. Longest run was only 22 but he was gashing me.

Last edited by wordtobigbird; 01-27-2013 at 06:21 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:17 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Why do you use game flow? What is your strategy behind it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2013, 06:31 PM   #6
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by audbal
Why do you use game flow? What is your strategy behind it?
I use gameflow for offense because it mixes up my calling. Honestly I am really lazy when it comes to calling plays on offense. I'm more of a D coordinator lol. I love calling defenses and trying to confuse the CPU QB, I was just using gameflow to see how their playcalling would do and it lived true to its name. On the conservative runs he got good yardage easily but its was under 10. He broke those big runs when I got aggressive and missed tackles.

Ideally though what I do is do formation subs at the beginning of the game for my offensive and defensive formations (Faster, better receiving backup RB in for singleback and shotgun sets and Faster, leader at LB in on nickle and dime instead of my worst LB my MLB. Put a DT in on 4-3 packages for my small DE who gets abused in the run game. All stuff I see the Falcons do on Sunday I just copy).

It may help the CPU calling plays, who knows. But I just leave it on gamefly and push X. I don't feel like it's that much of a hassle and If I want to let the OC pick a play I can cycle through and pick run/pass that I like the sound of.

On defense though gameflow can work too if you just cycle through and pick the right type of play for the situation but I rather know the EXACT play. On Gameflow they don't say what package it is and that can get you hurt at critical times. but sometimes gameflow calls 4-3 against 3wide and they run it and it helps.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:41 PM   #7
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

Just had a CB leap up and make the INT over marshall, that same CB who got beat by Jones, but Marshall was passive and waiting for the throw to drop and this time that CB went up for an INT. The only problem is he's not watching how close he is to the sideline/endzone. He leaps up at the 4 heading toward the pylon and comes down with an over the shoulder right on top of Marshall and crashed down into the Pylon but Marshall doesn't fall. Problem for him is they called it a Safety!

On that note, I'm off for now. Been a great weekend of Madden. Hope ya'll give these a shot.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:59 PM   #8
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

Appreciate the insight! But my goal isn't to make the game harder. I can lose already, I guess it's because I'm not the best player. I forgot to mention one change on this set and that is I took all the points from pass block and put them into CPU QB AWR and Catching. The ONLY, and I mean ONLY problem I have with the CPU "difficulty" is that the CPU will throw me the ball too many times and I can't do anything to stop the dumb, dumb, dumb throws they make. That's it. Everything else is balanced great, everything plays great it's just those handful of times a game the CPU throws the ball RIGHT to your guy theres plenty of open options. I'f I have to go the under 75 rule to fix that then it's not even worth it. Rather just play online if I really really want to lose lol. So far so good with what I have, I lost twice but we shall see.

Thanks again for the .02. I think these will prove plenty difficult for most. If not than hopefully people have fun winning.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »