Home

JoshC1977's M15 Old Gen Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M15 Old Gen Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2015, 06:24 PM   #1
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Version 1 - Work In Progress
Howdy all....many of you may be aware of my work on the NCAA community sliders with Matt10 and on my M15 Next Gen sliders. Following our latest round of changes to the NCAA slider set and due to my continued frustrations with M15 Current Gen, I decided to come back to this game.

The following set is based on the work we have done for the last couple of years on NCAA14. Those of you familiar with what we have on that set currently will recognize that these do not match the current set exactly - reason, the line play was not ratings-based. My approach to sliders is very simple, I look at animations and reactions. If they look realistic, the gameplay usually follows.

Before I post the sliders I want to make a couple of points:
  • Penalty sliders affect gameplay...period....the settings are designed to provide the best gameplay possible.
  • These are designed for sim gamers - if you are a cheesy nano-blitzer that spams "money plays", don't even bother.
  • The special teams sliders may look funky, but if this game behaves the same as NCAA14 (as I strongly believe it does), they WILL impact other elements of gameplay. I suggest leaving them as I outline below.
I strongly recommend setting your main menu settings to be exactly the same as your CFM settings. For the sliders, use the import button (triangle on PS3) to import the sliders from the main menu. This may not matter on this game, but it does on Next Gen and I am taking no chances

Speed: Normal
Gameplay: All Pro or All Madden
qtr length: 13min
accel clock: 18 sec
injuries: To be Determined
fatigue: To be Determined
speed threshold: 1
ball hawk: off
strafe assist: off
heat seeker assist: off
switch assist: off
Defensive Graphics: off, user preference
Camera: Standard, user preference

HUM / CPU

QBA 5 / 5
PBK 30 / 50
CTH 45 / 45
RBK 5 / 35
FUM 40 / 40
PRC 5 / 5
INT 35 / 30
PCV 30 / 30
TAK 20 / 25

Special Teams (same for both)
FG Power – 50
FG Acc - 30
Punt Power - 50
Punt Acc - 70
KO Power - 45

Penalties
Offside: 80
False Start:80
Holding: 65
Facemask: 50
DPI: 98
OPI: 99
PCI: 40
Clipping: 50
int grounding: (All Madden: 50) (All Pro: 81)
roughing the passer:50
roughing the kicker: 35

Tasks left to do:
  • Nail down autosubs and injury/fatigue sliders. If anyone playing this game has suggestions, please post in the thread.
  • Play some games. It sounds a bit silly, but I have not dove into a ton of games yet. I imported the NCAA set, made some modifications based on what I saw in excerpts of a few games and here we are. These need a definite "shakedown".
Enjoy

Last edited by JoshC1977; 06-14-2015 at 07:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2015, 06:40 PM   #2
MVP

Teleo's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's M15 Old Gen Sliders

Hey Josh...I know that these are for the old gen, but have you had a chance to test these on next Gen? I know you have a set there that has about 2 million posts and I use that for my coach mode ccm, but I was just curious. Thanks for all you do!
Old 06-12-2015, 06:43 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

I purchased M15 recently - I will definitely be plugging these in and looking forward to any more info you provide. Thanks!
Old 06-12-2015, 06:51 PM   #4
MVP

JG80's Arena

Do you know if the intro/main menu/cfm difficulty settings act in the same manner as its Next-gen counterpart.
Old 06-12-2015, 06:56 PM   #5
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleo
Hey Josh...I know that these are for the old gen, but have you had a chance to test these on next Gen? I know you have a set there that has about 2 million posts and I use that for my coach mode ccm, but I was just curious. Thanks for all you do!
I have not Teleo...for current gen, I'd probably recommend trying IG at 50.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG80
Do you know if the intro/main menu/cfm difficulty settings act in the same manner as its Next-gen counterpart.
A) no intro on this version (YAY!!)
B) I have no idea if main menu and CFM have to be synchronized. I'm recommending that people do so...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2015, 09:54 PM   #6
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OK....I made a huge mistake....but glad I caught it now. Apparently, on this game, the pass reaction slider works the same as the run defense slider does on NCAA14 (it works oppositely on Next Gen).

I am updating the OP with the current NCAA settings (the only difference will be the TAK slider as I am going with 25 for both to give more of an NFL-feel).
Old 06-12-2015, 11:07 PM   #7
MVP

JG80's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
OK....I made a huge mistake....but glad I caught it now. Apparently, on this game, the pass reaction slider works the same as the run defense slider does on NCAA14 (it works oppositely on Next Gen).

I am updating the OP with the current NCAA settings (the only difference will be the TAK slider as I am going with 25 for both to give more of an NFL-feel).

So this game is basically NCAA 14 with nfl teams?
Old 06-12-2015, 11:27 PM   #8
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG80
So this game is basically NCAA 14 with nfl teams?
Sorta....however, I'm going to need to tone down the CPU offense if it is going to more properly reflect NFL numbers - the more I dove into it, I have seen that the line blocking dynamics are quite different and unfortunately, the pass defense isn't nearly as good as it is on NCAA...

I'll probably be making some further adjustments as the slider dynamics are a tad different - but feel free to give these a whirl and let me know your thoughts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »