Home

anyone play Madden 08 on PC?

This is a discussion on anyone play Madden 08 on PC? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2009, 06:52 PM   #9
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: anyone play Madden 08 on PC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grismosw
I just bought it off Ebay for $15, looking forward to playing it - Madden 10 just isn't cutting it for me.
You could have got it cheaper than 15 , but its no biggie. Next time try Amazon.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
right now, I'm tweaking the rosters so that there's more of a separation of good teams and bad teams. The only down part is that EVERY team is rated like a 80 or higher, even the Lions, Browns, Chiefs, etc.

When you get the game try and use your PS3 or xbox 360 controller or a supported controller....not the keyboard. Makes it much more fun.

Honestly, I dont mind the graphics. They are sufficient, decent, they aren't horrible by any means.

Oh yea, I downloaded a CBS/FOX/ESPN mod which makes it like you're playing a game on either of those channels. It has the logos, music, etc., it's a pretty refreshing look.
The graphics are solid and better in some areas than Madden 10. What resolution are you playing it on?

I'm playing at 1920 x 1080 and the game looks awesome.

The animations are so sweet, and Footballfreaks is awesome.

Im currently playing this version. No need to play anything else. I just wish a small patch would come out that would add the sideline catch and fight for the fumble feature from the PS2 version..

For those that dont know. Fight for the fumble on the PS2 version works very well along with the sideline catching, and would be great if it was patched over to the PC version.
Old 10-31-2009, 09:10 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 31

Great game with all the additions.

Too bad the playbooks suck and the CPU running game is horrible. But really a good game.

I am still waiting for EA to make PC games again....right Mr. Moore?
Old 12-20-2009, 07:44 AM   #11
MVP

grismosw's Arena

OVR: 15

Is there a way to fix the simmed running back stats? ie - RB1 getting all the carries!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2009, 06:33 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
right now, I'm tweaking the rosters so that there's more of a separation of good teams and bad teams. The only down part is that EVERY team is rated like a 80 or higher, even the Lions, Browns, Chiefs, etc.

When you get the game try and use your PS3 or xbox 360 controller or a supported controller....not the keyboard. Makes it much more fun.

Honestly, I dont mind the graphics. They are sufficient, decent, they aren't horrible by any means.

Oh yea, I downloaded a CBS/FOX/ESPN mod which makes it like you're playing a game on either of those channels. It has the logos, music, etc., it's a pretty refreshing look.
Please say more about the CBS/FOX/ESPN download. Where is this download located? What exactly is it?

Thanks,

Art
Old 12-20-2009, 06:35 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got2Words4ya
I can't say enough good things about this game. Right now i'm running the 1977 season in coach mode with sideline camera view, having a freakin blast!!
How did you get a Sideline Camera view in Madden 08 for PC? I don't see that option listed under the Cameras options in the game menu?

Thanks,

Art
Old 12-20-2009, 07:30 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 24

Since 09 was such a disappointment, 08 PC filled the NFL video game void nicely for me.

However, since 10 arrived, I haven't touched it. May even sell it, to be honest. The desire to play that version has left me.

Yes, IMHO, M10 PS3 is THAT much improved.
Old 12-20-2009, 07:41 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 10

Art01, go to Football-freaks.com. Download MadModX and the FF10 update to get additional camera angles and a bunch of other utilities all in one download. I own Madden 10 and still play Online Franchise but there is no question Madden 08 on PC both looks and plays better (way way way better gameplay-wise). The rushing stats can be fixed by using NZA's franchise editor. Using NZA's editor you can do anything from edit any player to customize draft classes and the salary cap. I even use it to import rookie portraits for guys I draft like N. Suh, D. Bryant etc. It really adds to the immersion when your picks have real portraits.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2009, 08:30 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

Been using Football-Freak's tools on Madden PC for years. Great stuff. I usually end up going back to that at some point. Didn't bother buying Madden '09 for XBox because I was enjoying the modding so much. You can change everything! I made a custom league with custom rosters with custom uniforms then globally edited all attributes and formed a new progression system. It was pretty awesome.

Draw back is no doubt graphics... which are basically same as Madden '05. Even with a beefed up computer, can't get those to look much better. Gameplay and total control are second to none, though.

Having fun with Madden '10 right now, but I see myself venturing back into the foray of Madden '08 at some point soon. Just too much customization for me to stay away too long. Every tool imaginable if you have the time and patience... game can be anything you want. (P.S. - if you're sick of the '08 unis, try the textmod feature and take a stab at creating your own.... last year, I re-did every NFL jersey with customizable ones... had some free time... )

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »