Home

Madden '12 Superstar Mode(Career Thread)

This is a discussion on Madden '12 Superstar Mode(Career Thread) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2011, 07:03 PM   #25
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28
Re: Madden '12 Superstar Mode(Career Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I had a similar career with my CB.
I didnt really have a problem with the CPU QB throwing at my side especially on Man cov and AA. I have 20 career INTs and still have a season left. Mainly because the other CB is a shutdown CB. He help me get alot of INTs and I help him get alot of Picks. I am a JR 95 CB, I lose my other starting CB after the season.
What team did you play on?

And like I said in the blog, I totally agree with you. I could have a lot more interceptions, but I made a lot of mistakes. Definitely a solid career considering the record for career INT's is 29...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2011, 08:31 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev5890
What team did you play on?

And like I said in the blog, I totally agree with you. I could have a lot more interceptions, but I made a lot of mistakes. Definitely a solid career considering the record for career INT's is 29...
I picked Texas. They have a great tradion of having great DBs. Big 12 is full of pass-heavy teams. I had a season high of 10 INTs in Fresh year and Career of 20. Having a shutdown RCB and good dline, really helps. I got less passes thrown to me after my Fresh year.
I also missed out on a ton of picks and gave up 6 TDs in 3 seasons. Some of them were because I strafed. Alot of them were because I moved to early. Some were because of camera.
If I can I always change plays to Man Coverage. I am mad that We cant audible or change plays pre-play at any position other than QB. I like to use Man Coverage. I get beat on underneath routes. But I rarely get beat on Deep routes. I always fall for Play-Action and Scrambling QBs. Gave up my 1st TD because the QB started to scramble and then passed after I committed to the QB
I dont like that there isnt too many CB XP packs. I didnt see one until Week 9 of Fresh year. The Def Packs are at least 8K. I have yet to see a Man or Zone Cov pack.
I got a blog on TGT detailing all my RTGs.

Last edited by illwill10; 08-09-2011 at 08:34 PM.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:08 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

I have 5 RTGs that I will start consecutively import in Madden. I like to have a good rotation. I dont like to play the same one back-to-back.
Updates on my RTGs:
QB(6'3 218)-Mid-JR year with Utah. Close to breaking school record for pass yards. On pace for 10K yards in career. On pace for Heisman. NC winner(MVP)
RB(5'10 215, if I can I will increase my height in SS)-Late SR year with Syracuse. Hold NCAA Career Rush yards. Have every Syracuse Rushing record besides TDs in Game. Heisman is a possibility this year.
WR(6'5 220, was 6'2) -Early-JR year with ARK. Started off bad, then progressed greatly after I got my speed 95+. Broke almost all Receiving Record for Ark in my Soph, mainly because the Records werent hard to break. Most of my routes are Streaks, Verticals, and Curls.
CB- Late-JR year with Texas. Broke Season record for INTs(10) and Career with (20). NC winner. Thrope and Bednarik winner in SOPH season.
DE- Soph season. 9.5 sacks and 25 TFL, All-American in Fresh Season. Least Fav
I am about to create a DT for TENN(no HS). Maybe create a Sophmore

Last edited by illwill10; 08-11-2011 at 02:25 PM.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:16 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0

just finished my career with my CB at TCU after winning my first national championship. My overall team record for the 4 years was 51-1, with 2 Sugar Bowl wins 1 Rose Bowl win and a National Championship, my career stats were 139 tackles, 30 TFL, 60 assisted tackles, 0.5 sacks, 14 int, 8 TD, 10 pass deflections, 14 FF, 2 FR. Now its just the NFL draft
Old 08-10-2011, 02:47 AM   #29
We're Going Farming

Equinox831's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllDay560
just finished my career with my CB at TCU after winning my first national championship. My overall team record for the 4 years was 51-1, with 2 Sugar Bowl wins 1 Rose Bowl win and a National Championship, my career stats were 139 tackles, 30 TFL, 60 assisted tackles, 0.5 sacks, 14 int, 8 TD, 10 pass deflections, 14 FF, 2 FR. Now its just the NFL draft
10 pass deflections over 4 years? The scouts won't like that.. I'm just messing with you, good luck.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:09 AM   #30
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox831
10 pass deflections over 4 years? The scouts won't like that.. I'm just messing with you, good luck.
Ill be lucky if I have 8 over a career. I only go for INTs. I win some and lose some
Old 08-10-2011, 09:23 AM   #31
Pro

OVR: 25

I will make a Michael Vick type QB in NCAA 12 and import him to Madden.
Year 3 - 11-5
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2011, 11:22 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 7

Gonna read thru this thread later.
Superstar mode is gonna make or break this game for me.

I'll be reading the impressions from this thread when the game drops.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »