Home

Random Fake UNFA's invading Franchise

This is a discussion on Random Fake UNFA's invading Franchise within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2011, 02:06 PM   #489
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Random Fake UNFA's invading Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp
Has EA acknowledged this problem in any way?

On like Twitter or anything?

I would not expect that. In reality it is not a problem to them and probably 90% of Madden players across the world it will not be a problem. Most people play one two maybe three at the max seasons in franchise mode before:

a) trading in the game

b) starting over with a new team

It is a slight annoyance for me nothing more and nothing less. What I think EA may do is tune the logic. That would be welcomed. But I am not a game developer. Can that be done via patch or live tuner? Or is it hardcoded.

Anyway. Loving this game big time.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 09-09-2011, 11:00 PM   #490
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Fake players in Madden 12, ruining Franchise for me

So I started a new thread in the roster section to help us cut the created players from franchise mode. I am looking to compile a list of all rookies that made it onto a NFL roster for week 1 for all 32 teams. Once this is complete we can start a 32 team franchise and easily go through and know what rookies to keep and which ones to cut. I could use help with finding the correct players, but below is a link to the thread;

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...hise-mode.html

You can easily sort the cut screen by rookies and remove the created players each week.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:14 PM   #491
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

In the new roster update why in the hell did they decide to cut down to 55 or less when we have the ability to have a full 75? This has got to be the most moronic decision I've seen, well one of them. Franchise is ruined with all the generated players filling out the rosters!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2011, 11:43 PM   #492
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

edit: nevermind... gonna go another route and just accept the UFA that appear year one.

Last edited by spit_bubble; 09-10-2011 at 04:17 PM. Reason: change of plans
Old 09-10-2011, 12:16 PM   #493
Rookie

OVR: 4

I'm having issues setting up my 32 team franchise. How do I change things from CPU to USER for just each individual team? When I go into Franchise Setup Options and make changes it seems to change the setting for every team, not just the one I am currently selected on.
Old 09-10-2011, 02:15 PM   #494
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam914
I'm having issues setting up my 32 team franchise. How do I change things from CPU to USER for just each individual team? When I go into Franchise Setup Options and make changes it seems to change the setting for every team, not just the one I am currently selected on.
Seek out the 32 player franchise manual thread by Manning2Harrison...a whole break down on what to do.
Old 09-10-2011, 02:33 PM   #495
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning2Harrison
One of the current problems is that the draft classes and the FA pool aren't large enough to support the expanded rosters without the use of the fakes.

I think I read somewhere that the FA pool limit is 280 players, which isn't even 10 per team if every single one were signed. I don't know how they came up with that number- it might have been disc space in the PS2/XBox days, but disc space is no excuse for the draft classes and FA pool not growing at all since last gen.

NCAA classes need to include ALL of the "Players Leaving" and the FA pool needs to be large enough to accommodate ALL of those that don't get drafted. Many is the time a player in NCAA racks up stats that defy his ratings, but he never gets enough progression from that to get exported. Now that we can edit in franchise mode, I'd like to be able to edit those kinds of guys into viable NFL prospects, but it'll never happen under the current export structure.
I agree 100%, great points. With current gen technology there is no reason for these issues to persist. EA needs to expand the size of the free agent pool so it can accomodate many more real free agents and so it can handle larger exported NCAA draft files. It's very disappointing to be still stuck with old gen roster file and draft class limitations. Very disappointing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2011, 06:43 PM   #496
Rookie

OVR: 3

I tweeted @Josh_Looman about this issue:

http://twitter.com/#!/pointNumberOne...32725814145024

"@Donny_Moore @Josh_Looman 58 UDFAs made NFL teams this year, most since '03. 180 made it in a madden franchise year 1... #Madden12"

Apparently facts are enough to piss him off, and he blocked me! Now if I was spamming him about the issue, I'd understand... but I've @mentioned him TWICE ever.

Discouraging... makes me think EA will push this under the rug and not acknowledge a problem... i.e. not fix it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »