Home

Offensive Line Shifts

This is a discussion on Offensive Line Shifts within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2011, 11:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Offensive Line Shifts

What does it do?
When/Why should I use it?

Been wondering this for a while, finally thought I should ask in hopes of it being able to help me out in future games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2011, 10:47 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 14
Re: Offensive Line Shifts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiz7
What does it do?
When/Why should I use it?

Been wondering this for a while, finally thought I should ask in hopes of it being able to help me out in future games.
I use them when I am running sweeps or end runs. That way my blockers fight to get outside of the defenders allowing my runner to break for the outside and have space to run. If you are sweeping right, block right, sweeping left then block left. Try to motion guys over to where you have numbers too on a sweep, this makes the blockers get outside of the defenders and also gives you lead blockers running out in front

Hope it helps
Old 10-30-2011, 01:54 PM   #3
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Also pinch them when doing short 3 step drops, it will help to protect your QB.
Old 10-31-2011, 04:33 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 8

I typically use the PINCH protection on run and pass plays to keep the middle blocked. Especially against players that attack my base run play (I-Form Inside Zone) by shooting the game near the double-teams. At that point I opt for a Hat-on-a-hat run play and pinch the line to pick up anyone shooting the gaps.

On pass plays, I like to use I-Form with at least one back staying in to block any edge rushers.

I almost NEVER use any of the other protection slides... I'm sure they work, I just haven't had much needed them.

Later
Old 10-31-2011, 09:06 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm always using them but I never really knew what they did.. Good to know
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2011, 02:23 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

I had the exact same question a couple of days ago.fficeffice" />>>
I found some interesting threads in the NCAA section.>>
First of all: there should be close to no affect on running plays, as the O-Line uses men-to-men blocking schemes. The only thing you may change is the ankle of attack. This sounds plausible to me.>>
On passing-plays, you should use them to counter the d-line alignment. Pinch to counter pressure thru the middle, shift left and right to avoid pressure from one side and use aggressive, if the d tries to pressure from the outside.>>
I use them since a couple of games and they seem to work but the effect as marginal at best as there are so many factors you cannot influence (blitzes, x-factor,…).>>
I would love to see EA putting some work in pass-blocking and o-line audibles. I doubt, they are able to make the linemen “intelligent” enough, so one thing that could help is three more audibles such as “blitz-pick-up-left, right and middle”. Put in some risk-reward-formulas such as “no double team when picking up the blitz” and we may would have better passing game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »