Home

Official Madden 13 E3 Video Thread

This is a discussion on Official Madden 13 E3 Video Thread within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2012, 03:10 AM   #401
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: Official Madden 13 E3 Video Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
yeah i know what you mean by "not gus johnson excitement" but more enthusiasms on big plays..but at the same time..i am not too sure how excited simms and nantz get in real life play-by-play. Regardless..i feel what you are saying..personally i like to hear NFL play-by-play guys get really pumped up when a big play or TD is made and i haven't seen much of that in the video's thus far..hopefully we can get a better feel of what the final game will be like closer to release date..right now i know the video's shown so far are not from the most recent build..thats just my speculation of course but im fairly confident these demo's are coming from a bit older build than what they actually have completed right now.

The commentary so far is pretty good though..minus the dead space area's and some missing enthusiasm and timing of some of the chatter but still good none the less.

On a side note..someone posted a video where it was not recorded video and the game looked freaking sexy running at 60fps...it looked so smooth and beautiful running...these video captures dont do the game justice imho
I don't think I've actually seen Sims and Nantz commentate in real life.

Either way, the commentary doesn't really bother me. They could have completely removed commentary this year and I would still be as excited about the game, Connected Careers and the physics look so incredibly amazing!

Edit: Not sure if this video is in this thread, but just saw it on IGN

http://au.ign.com/videos/2012/06/06/...screen-e3-2012

Last edited by secondsolution; 06-07-2012 at 05:20 AM. Reason: Added link to video
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2012, 08:01 AM   #402
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreAk47
A couple days ago, I was pretty jacked for this game for the first time in a long time. Now, after checking out most of the actual gameplay vids I must temper my expectations. All I have wanted from Madden (basically since Backbreaker came out) is a physics engine. Backbreaker definitely was an awful game, but the physics themselves were impressive. There were a lot of WTF moments, where the physics would kind of "get away" and something completely wonky would happen (ie. guys flying 20 feet after being hit)...but still the positives outweighed those few moments.

After watching some of these gameplay videos...there are "WTF" moments on almost every play. Some stuff looks pretty good, but there are tons of times where I can't figure out exactly what happened to cause such a weird combination of guys flailing around. I'm glad they have finally started to address the physics problem, but man...hard to say this would be a first day buy at this point.

I hate to be one of the "it's an early build" kinda guys, but deep down I am praying some of this stuff is smoothed out before release...I just kinda doubt it based on past experience.
According to some website with Coach Rukas, they will tune the physics engine till it ships.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:34 AM   #403
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16

Wow I simply can't wait for Madden 13!

Props to EA for really going the extra mile with this years game! The videos look really amazing, and I love what I'm seeing in regards to pass trajectories, physics and the lighting/graphics of the game!!

Just watched the CC videos..man there is so many options and so much I want to do! Can't wait!

I did see on another video that coaches like Bill Walsh must be unlocked with Ultimate team...which is a shame, guess it will be the same for some player legends.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:38 AM   #404
MVP

OVR: 15

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0V2lyvMTg_c

BY FAR the best E3 video yet. Maddenmatrix camera is unbelievable and the games looks incredible! I cant wait to see more videos from this guy .

Just an outstanding effort with the camera!
Old 06-07-2012, 09:00 AM   #405
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0V2lyvMTg_c

BY FAR the best E3 video yet. Maddenmatrix camera is unbelievable and the games looks incredible! I cant wait to see more videos from this guy .

Just an outstanding effort with the camera!
That video looked much better. Commentary better, speed better.....my main issue with that video is the the way the players walk after the play. The super slow walking and ice skating has to go. Really brings down the visuals. Also, I wish EA would work on getting ice skating out of the offense walking to the line presnap. How long are they going to leave this in there? Very noticeable and makes ice skating stick out even more.

Last edited by wheelman990; 06-07-2012 at 09:42 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2012, 09:04 AM   #406
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
Hate to break it to you but I think it's going to stay that way in the retail version. I think ChaseB stated that they just didn't have time to do player specific names. But they are working on that for next year.
Would love to see this quote from ChaseB..not saying i dont believe you but i would like to see where he said this because from what i see...the game is still WIP and i do hear names for players in some video already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
Where have I heard this before?
Dude.. the game is not final right now..isnt that proof enough?
Old 06-07-2012, 09:04 AM   #407
MVP

OVR: 16

I fear that I will see the "Spin stumble" animation far too much....
Old 06-07-2012, 09:06 AM   #408
All Star

OVR: 21

Looks like the new tackling engine will yield much better tackles\more appropriate tackles\more variety than in the past. Really have to give them kudos on removing seemingly all of the graphical clipping. That said, I can't get past the robotic animations and movement - just too distracting. Also outside of the uniforms, everyone seems the same - just no individuality. Nothing great about the commentary but seems at least competent. Really like some of the camera angles on kickoffs; new intros seem cool if they mix them up with different players and add the stadium intros they did last year.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »