Home

How about a turning off trade approvals need?

This is a discussion on How about a turning off trade approvals need? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2013, 10:31 AM   #1
Worst Gamer Ever

timisone's Arena

OVR: 6
How about a turning off trade approvals need?

Like you can in nba2k12, MLB the show? If I want to build a monster team, I paid the money for it and it should let me. I hate having to figure ways to get around this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2013, 10:51 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: How about a turning off trade approvals need?

Quote:
Originally Posted by timisone
Like you can in nba2k12, MLB the show? If I want to build a monster team, I paid the money for it and it should let me. I hate having to figure ways to get around this.
whatever floats your boat....

but hasn't there always been a trade override option? I don't really play that way. If I do a trade I give them what the CPU will take, if they won't take my maximum offer then I just don't get that player.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:30 AM   #3
Rookie

imskykid's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by timisone
I wouldn't play that way, but just sitting here I can think of two easy solutions.

First, just edit the rosters before you start a franchise and get all the players you want on the team you want.

Second, now that we can edit player positions in franchise, change RGIII to linebacker and trade for him on the cheap. Then switch him back to QB.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:11 PM   #4
Worst Gamer Ever

timisone's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by imskykid
I wouldn't play that way, but just sitting here I can think of two easy solutions.

First, just edit the rosters before you start a franchise and get all the players you want on the team you want.

Second, now that we can edit player positions in franchise, change RGIII to linebacker and trade for him on the cheap. Then switch him back to QB.
I know there is ways around it but its my game can't I trade anybody I want? Thats all I am saying.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:29 PM   #5
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulChildres
whatever floats your boat....

but hasn't there always been a trade override option? I don't really play that way. If I do a trade I give them what the CPU will take, if they won't take my maximum offer then I just don't get that player.
No there hasn't. They took it away a few years ago and I don't think they ever gave any sort of reason or explanation for it. Regardless of that it's also good for changing things during the season should it happen in real life so it -should- always be there. (Yes I'm aware the NFL trade deadline is not nearly as active as it is in basketball and hockey. I believe it was moved to later in the season in hopes of changing that this year.)

In addition to the ways listed this year it seems like you could also temporarily take control of the team you want to trade with as another user then do the trade if they reject it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2013, 12:12 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 25

I think there should be a force trade on. But I still only make realistic moves. I think we need a forum for Madden that is like the MLB The Show Trade Discussion thread.
Year 3 - 11-5
Old 08-08-2013, 12:36 AM   #7
Banned

The Duke's Arena

OVR: 2

32 team control returns in Madden 25, so youve got your wish. All you need to do is control the two teams you want to trade between.
Old 08-08-2013, 01:39 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke
32 team control returns in Madden 25, so youve got your wish. All you need to do is control the two teams you want to trade between.
lol its comments like this that allow EA to continually be lazy, they could simply bring back the option. I agree 100% its unrealistic but its a video game you should do whatever you want. The OP has hardly "got his Wish" by using your work around, what if he wants to trade with like 15 different teams, he has to control everyone one of them just to do one simple trade?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »