Home

How's your Connected Careers going? - Madden 13 Edition

This is a discussion on How's your Connected Careers going? - Madden 13 Edition within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2012, 03:23 AM   #697
Banned

BroncosFan18's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: How's your Connected Careers going? - Madden 13 Edition

Just started with the colts signed Randy Moss, Chad Johnson and T.O lol
Old 09-11-2012, 03:31 AM   #698
Rookie

OVR: 0

Started my CCM as a the new coach for the Browns am 4-1 to start the season made a couple of roster changes primarily on defense i cant stand cleveland lame secondary and horrible receiving core so i shawne merriman and aaron kampman to the d-line and got rookie jay dwyer out of florida state at MLB traded josh cribbs for 3rd and 6th and and 7th round pick added t.o., david gettis and ted ginn as receivers mostly have ginn do punt returns and kickoff i cut colt mccoy and then i cut and realese many 29 and over under achievers that held the team back from signing younger talent my one lose was to the new york football giants by three points the difference josh cribbs i really almost bo\roke my tv when he return a last secon kickoff for 6 cause i traded him guess he got his pay back but will be looking to givin the some of the same if we meet in the superbowl
Old 09-11-2012, 03:55 AM   #699
Banned

OVR: 11

https://sites.google.com/site/nell2t...anchise408-nfl

After a disappointing debut to my career as coach of the 49ers, losing in Week 1 to the Packers, my 49ers were able to bounce back in Week 2, blowing out the Lions.

Alex Smith struggled in Lambeau, throwing 3 INT's. This week was the opposite, as Smith threw for 4 TD's, 2 of which connected with Michael Crabtree. Delanie Walker brought in his first TD of the season, and rookie running back LaMichael James scored his first NFL touchdown with a TD reception.

Frank Gore and Brandon Jacobs also had a rushing TD each.

Tony Scheffler destroyed our defense early, putting up a quick 150 yards or so on 2 receptions, including a TD. The 1st quarter was a back and forth shootout, but the defense finally settled in, and locked down Detroit's offense. Outside of Scheffler's couple big plays, Stafford and the Detroit offense didn't do much.

Michael Crabtree has been our biggest playmaker so far, leading the team with 228 receiving yards and 3 TD's. Vernon Davis is next in the passing game with 153 yards and a TD. Meanwhile, Frank Gore has had a strong start with 221 yards and a TD through the first 2 games.

Next up, we travel to Minnesota.

Last edited by Franchise408; 09-11-2012 at 03:58 AM.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:02 AM   #700
Rookie

End of year 3

Made it to my 2nd straight SuperBowl but unfortunately couldn't pull off consecutive victories as I went down to the Packers. He didnt know it yet, but it represented Tom Brady's last game in a Patriots jersey.

I owned Dallas' first round pick as part of a trade for Aaron Hernandez. Dallas finished with the 2nd worst record at 2-14 and I knew exactly who I wanted. A QB who's overall i'd scouted at A, a fantastic pocket passer with elite throw power, very good accuracy, can run the play action, is clutch...everything you want. Only problem was I didnt have the first pick.

Literally over the off-season I went back and forth in my mind wondering if I should trade up to first. The Ravens held that spot and I couldn't decide if I thought the Ravens would take him and replace Flacco or not. I went brave, and did not trade up. Scary thought as there wasn't anyone else I wanted in that spot. The top positions in the draft I had quality players for all ready.

Ravens with the first pick select...a LT!

I waste no time in securing the QB, an 88 overall, and once the season starts I decided it was time for Brady to go. Denver offer me a 2nd round pick which I accept.

Oddly Denver had just brought back Peyton Manning who had come out of retirement so now they have Manning and Brady on the books!
Old 09-11-2012, 09:50 AM   #701
Rookie

Playing offline, at default level/slider settings. No games simmed.

Name: John Ramsey
Position: QB
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 220
College: Southern Methodist
Draft: Undrafted. Acquired as free agent by the Chicago Bears, 2012.
Starting record to date: 7-2-1

2012: Made opening day roster as undrafted free agent. Third QB on the depth chart behind starter Jay Cutler and backup Jason Campbell. Did not appear on the field. Bears finish with a record of 5-11. Head coach Lovie Smith fired.

2013: New head coach: Victor Stranger. With Campbell now starting in Houston, Ramsey entered preseason second on the depth chart behind Cutler, who took every snap. Played only as holder. Final record: 9-7. Did not make playoffs.

2014: Cutler signs with Oakland. Tony Romo acquired from Dallas. Bears draft Travis Erickson from Lambuth in the sixth round. Turned down one year, 1.2 million dollar offer from Bears. Ended the season with 4 of 7 passes completed for 55 yards. Bears finish 7-9, missing the playoffs.

2015: Ramsey signs a three-year, 6.75 million dollar deal with the Houston Texans, where he joins starter (and former teammate) Jason Campbell and third-stringer Lo Redmond. In week 7, with the Texans at 1-6, Campbell is benched and Ramsey gets his first start. He wins seven of his ten starts, leading the Texans to a record of 8-7-1. Ramsey completes 70% of his passes for 2069 yards, 14 touchdowns and 13 interceptions, with a passer rating of 94.5.

2016: Campbell leaves to become the Indianapolis Colts' new starter. The Texans draft Navy quarterback Jordan Mapa in the third round. Ramsey returns as the starter, and Redmond returns as the third quarterback.

More to come...

Last edited by warchild511; 09-11-2012 at 09:55 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2012, 09:54 AM   #702
Rookie

Also: My player was a 70 OVR until the end of the third season, when I finally spent the XP I'd been hoarding, which brought me to a 73. Upon moving to Houston, he jumped to a 77 (better suited to the offense there). Currently, my player is an 80 OVR.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:39 AM   #703
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosFan18
Just started with the colts signed Randy Moss, Chad Johnson and T.O lol
Does one of them maul the QB every other play?
Old 09-11-2012, 11:16 AM   #704
Rookie

OVR: 5

What do I need to know about re-signing players in online CCM? I'm the Texans, it's Week 2 and Duane Brown wants 6 years, $52.8M. That's fine, but the bonus box says 0, do I have to put anything there? I heard if you offer them deals they dont like they'll break off talks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »