Home

*Potentially* doing Madden 13 Draft Class Guide

This is a discussion on *Potentially* doing Madden 13 Draft Class Guide within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2012, 01:45 PM   #9
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: *Potentially* doing Madden 13 Draft Class Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
It's up to the commissioners and players to put rules into place so as to not cheat the system in online franchises.

If the people in your online franchise break the rules you probably wouldn't want to play with them anyway.
The problem is the commissioner has no way to tell if the players have seen the guide or hell, even if he is looking right at it while we draft. I'm telling you guys, these guides kill the draft. Would it hurt you one year to just do your own scouting and find out about the good players on your own instead of ruining the whole online draft experience for multiple leagues? Man, I'm begging you guys like I've never begged someone on the internet before, Don't do this!!!! lol

EDIT: LMAO, I feel like I'm talking to someone that has broken into my house and is holding my family hostage lol. "Don't do this!" lol.

Last edited by splff3000; 09-05-2012 at 01:48 PM.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:52 PM   #10
Rookie

tiloj's Arena

OVR: 1

Really looking forward to a guide. Last year's was my favorite M12 thread, and was fantastic.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:05 PM   #11
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Making something like that is such a waist of time. I would much rather just do the work myself in CCM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2012, 03:07 PM   #12
Rookie

If you think a guide would ruin the draft...well, you might want to see this.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2044118900

I DO NOT know if this works ONLINE CC, but it might be worth looking into to see if it does.

I am sure someone else would find it eventually, but it needs to be patched in my opinion.

Can anyone confirm if this works online or not? Would be nice to know I think. I don't currently have access to a net connection for my xbox to play online and test it, but others have a strong interest I think.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:10 PM   #13
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staalker

I DO NOT know if this works ONLINE CC, but it might be worth looking into to see if it does.

I am sure someone else would find it eventually, but it needs to be patched in my opinion.

Can anyone confirm if this works online or not? Would be nice to know I think. I don't currently have access to a net connection for my xbox to play online and test it, but others have a strong interest I think.
I'm pretty sure that I read that this is fixed for online CC.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:39 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staalker

While that's an interesting trick, the overall changes depending on the type of offense or defense you run, so we didn't think that would be as useful. The scheme type itself while nice also doesn't affect the player as much as stats and development. Most likely I'd go into each draft with all the scouting points saved up and save @ week 7 in the offseason then go position by position unlocking all the development levels. Track the ones that are needed, then reload and move to a different position. Once people have the development levels, they can scout the player types they need and see if they fit what they want since its ALOT cheaper to scout the main stats. That trick would however help them find out the things it tells you so that you wouldn't have to scout that as well.

Thanks for the info though. We are still trying to figure out the best way to do the guide this year that would be the most helpful to people.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:57 PM   #15
Rookie

I understand the OVR changes, and even the experience a player gets in a position is tied to that player being a good fit for the scheme you have chosen. This is why CPU players don't seem to progress much at all over player teams because they aren't picking the best player for that scheme, or changing their player schemes to fit the players they are using.

As you should have noticed in what I mentioned, you don't just see the OVR of the player. You can see the Physical and Intangible stats, as well as Durability.

While it isn't going to take the place of a full on guide to which players have which stats, it can cut a huge amount of time by not needing to spend points scouting certain players.

If I see a speedback and it says his OVR is 82, I can look at his card and see he has a physical of 99 but intangible of 44 with a durability of 50.

What this tells me is that he is likely very fast, but he is fragile and probably not a great ball carrier.

Anyway, each person has his own idea of what is important or not. My point was, that if people had an issue with a guide....they would have even more issue with the information you can actually get in game without spending a single scout point. Sure, OVR can change, but that was only one stats you can get in the method I listed.

I can tell by those stats from the method I listed if I even want to scout a player further. Most should be able to as well. There are only a few cases where those stats don't help you decide if you want this player or not. A returner is one example. If all you want is a returner, then those stats aren't going to help much. But for the majority of draft picks, knowing physcial, intangible and durability before you ever scout a player is a huge boon.

Not to mention that the method I listed only picks what the CPU considers to be the best available for that position. And even if they aren't an exact match for your scheme, I'd rather have an 89 One Cut back over a 65 Speed Back, even if my scheme used a Speed Back.

Just my opinion.

Cheers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2012, 04:18 PM   #16
Pro

MMurda's Arena

OVR: 5

i thought everything in the classes was completely randomized to stop this practice. i remember seeing a vid with looman around e3 and he stated just that in regards to ppl making these guides and cheating basically and how it ruined OF's.

man i swear we live in a totally diff day. everyone just wants instant gratification with no work put in whatsoever to accomplish anything. i aint even that old...early 30s...and theres a clear diff between gamers today and gamers then. this is exactly why games are so easy now compared to all the unforgiving nintendo games of my childhood. 3-5 lives to beat a 2-5hr gm...good luck and gotta have some skill...if not u starting over until u get some. some of these gms i couldnt even beat until i was adult. but man u get satisfaction to accomplish that.

wheres the satisfaction in drafting a good draft when all u did is look at a damn guide?? what part of the game is this??

i been screaming this since the fixed classes in '10...PLZ DONT MAKE THIS GUIDE if its possible to be made this yr. for the few that truly will do it offline ur ruining 8 million other online ccm's. think bout that...
----------------------
Madden Since '92

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »