Home

*Potentially* doing Madden 13 Draft Class Guide

This is a discussion on *Potentially* doing Madden 13 Draft Class Guide within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2012, 04:55 PM   #17
Rookie

Dylan Marshall Swb's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: *Potentially* doing Madden 13 Draft Class Guide

If it can be done, I'm all for it. I still have last years bookmarked, and I just play 1 player CCM anyway.
Old 09-06-2012, 02:53 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 0

I'm sure there wasting there time ! The players are randomize ,! Every time they can come out different ! Your never supposed to have the same draft twice they did this on purpose ! The ratings will change they can get hurt in collage they might decided not to come out at all ! It's been posted all over ! So there is no luck with a pre made guide !
Old 09-06-2012, 03:19 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 13
I hope ppl don't help out. Guide ruined the classes LY.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-06-2012, 05:18 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

While we are still in the fact-finding stages, we will be going to work on the guide very soon. If we find that it isn't feasible due to some sort of randomization, then we will let everyone know and simply scrap the project.

In order to research the feasibility, we would ask for those who want to help to please let us know, either in this thread or by PM. If the guide is indeed possible, however, then we will be producing it with or without outside help.

We appreciate the support from all of you that have used and enjoyed our guides in the past.

-rdm
Old 09-06-2012, 05:35 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

There's no point in objecting to this. If it doesn't get made here, it'll get made by someone else and posted here. If there's demand, it's absolutely going to be made.

Since I'm only playing single player, I'll stick to scouting, but I don't see any problem in taking any possible advantage for online. Keep in mind how many of the higher rated players might not be so for teams employing vastly different schemes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2012, 10:58 AM   #22
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

After thinking about it more, I still ask that you don't do it, but if you do, I can't be mad at you guys. If you are able to do this, that would mean that EA lied about randomizing the draft. I remember distinctly josh looman talking about the draft changing so much that these guides wouldn't be possible. I have a feeling that that's not gonna be the case. I hope it is, but based on everything else in this game, I doubt it.

While you guys decide whether you can or can't do this, I have to ask a question. What do you guys get out of this? It seems to me like it'll take all the fun out of the game and the joy of scouting. If you're not into scouting and stuff, why not let the CPU do it for you? What joy comes from winning the superbowl when you got nothing but good players in the draft because you cheated? To me, its the equivalent of putting in a cheat code to go straight to the last boss in an action or adventure game. Where's the fun in that? I just don't get it.

Last edited by splff3000; 09-06-2012 at 11:01 AM.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:27 AM   #23
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
After thinking about it more, I still ask that you don't do it, but if you do, I can't be mad at you guys. If you are able to do this, that would mean that EA lied about randomizing the draft. I remember distinctly josh looman talking about the draft changing so much that these guides wouldn't be possible. I have a feeling that that's not gonna be the case. I hope it is, but based on everything else in this game, I doubt it.

While you guys decide whether you can or can't do this, I have to ask a question. What do you guys get out of this? It seems to me like it'll take all the fun out of the game and the joy of scouting. If you're not into scouting and stuff, why not let the CPU do it for you? What joy comes from winning the superbowl when you got nothing but good players in the draft because you cheated? To me, its the equivalent of putting in a cheat code to go straight to the last boss in an action or adventure game. Where's the fun in that? I just don't get it.
Well for one, the real Raiders probably won't win a Super Bowl anytime soon, so many fans turn to Madden and want their team to turn into powerhouses and many don't want to wait to do it so this would help.

But I do hope this guide flops, not because I want you guys to screw up, but because of what splff said. If this classes where truly random then you can't provide an adequate guide. But, chances are, the "randomness" of the classes probably involves a few outliers (draft story players) and the rest are predetermined or nearly static, which is where the guide would be really focused on.
Old 09-06-2012, 12:24 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMurda
i thought everything in the classes was completely randomized to stop this practice. i remember seeing a vid with looman around e3 and he stated just that in regards to ppl making these guides and cheating basically and how it ruined OF's.
I read somewhere a while back that draft classes would never be the same. IE even if John Doe is an 89 FS in my CC he might be an 60 FS in my friends CC. Point being, even if they make a guide it will be inaccurate because a single class will never be the same. On that note, I could care less if they made a guide because it would be completely worthless.

If I can find a link I'll post it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »