Home

CPU vs. CPU in offline franchise mode? (Madden NFL 25)

This is a discussion on CPU vs. CPU in offline franchise mode? (Madden NFL 25) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2013, 11:03 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: CPU vs. CPU in offline franchise mode? (Madden NFL 25)

Can't wait to hear an answer on this as well. I am a big cpu vs cpu guy in lots of sports games. I like making decisions and being a fan.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:13 AM   #18
Banned

BradyFan12's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altohombre
Can't wait to hear an answer on this as well. I am a big cpu vs cpu guy in lots of sports games. I like making decisions and being a fan.
So do I. I add some of my buddies and put them on their favorite teams, too. I give them a week to week run down on their stats and some times we will watch some of the key games together.

JP and I have twittered Looman about this, but he hasn't answered. I don't see the big secret. A yes or no will suffice.

Last edited by BradyFan12; 05-23-2013 at 03:53 PM.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:06 AM   #19
Banned

BradyFan12's Arena

Looks like CPU vs. CPU is more than likely not going to be in this year. That sucks. Looks like I'm not buying the game this year.

******** async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets****" charset="utf-8">

Last edited by BradyFan12; 05-23-2013 at 09:35 AM.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:25 AM   #20
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyFan12
Looks like CPU vs. CPU is more than likely not going to be in this year. That sucks. Looks like I'm not buying the same this year.

******** async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets****" charset="utf-8">
I'm asking if he can patch it in, I don't use this feature but I know people want it.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:33 AM   #21
Banned

BradyFan12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I'm asking if he can patch it in, I don't use this feature but I know people want it.
Well, until he does, I'm not buying. Especially if the patch doesn't get in until October or November. If he doesn't even give it a patch at all, I'm just done. This will make two years in a row where I haven't bought this game. I'm not a developer, but to take away a long standing feature like CPU vs. CPU is just absurd. I'm sure others will love this game. To others, this omitted feature may not stand in their way, but it stands in mine. I vote with my wallet.

I'm not trying to bash Josh Looman, but ever since he took over, I've been repeatedly disappointed.

Let me know what he says about patching it in, JP. I think you're gonna get a wishy washy answer, but maybe he'll surprise me.

Last edited by BradyFan12; 05-23-2013 at 09:36 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2013, 09:41 AM   #22
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyFan12
Well, until he does, I'm not buying. Especially if the patch doesn't get in until October or November. If he doesn't even give it a patch at all, I'm just done. This will make two years in a row where I haven't bought this game. I'm not a developer, but to take away a long standing feature like CPU vs. CPU is just absurd. I'm sure others will love this game. To others, this omitted feature may not stand in their way, but it stands in mine. I vote with my wallet.

I'm not trying to bash Josh Looman, but ever since he took over, I've been repeatedly disappointed.
Well he's been there 12 years so I don't know, I think he's made steps in the right direction the last two years, I'm not sure how a CPU vs CPU game would work but I guess they will try and make it work for the future. I know how things work and have worked in the past but hopefully they keep adding and building onto cfm and don't remove anything next year. Owner mode was obviously the focus and I'm glad it is in but hopefully next year the focus is more on the player management, practice squad, presentation side of things, although we haven't seen what they added for presentation this year yet. I think in a week or so they will show presentation news.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:53 AM   #23
Banned

BradyFan12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Well he's been there 12 years so I don't know, I think he's made steps in the right direction the last two years, I'm not sure how a CPU vs CPU game would work but I guess they will try and make it work for the future. I know how things work and have worked in the past but hopefully they keep adding and building onto cfm and don't remove anything next year. Owner mode was obviously the focus and I'm glad it is in but hopefully next year the focus is more on the player management, practice squad, presentation side of things, although we haven't seen what they added for presentation this year yet. I think in a week or so they will show presentation news.
How long has he been the head developer though? 2 years? He may have been decent at what he did before, but like in football, not all offensive and defensive coordinators make great head coaches. It's good to progress, but not at the expense of features we come to enjoy. Bringing them back isn't a new feature, it's a feature that never should have left. Saying they needed to be taken out for new features most don't enjoy is not a good answer. It's lazy and an excuse.

This is just my opinion, but many share it than those who don't. I'm sure Madden NFL 25 will be better than Madden NFL 13. It's kinda hard to get any worse than that game, but now we are entering the next gen era where it starts all over again. The new next gen era games come with a whole new set of problems and takes years to get it debugged.

Madden NFL 25 should have been next to flawless, but it peaked at Madden NFL 12 and that's sad.

Last edited by BradyFan12; 05-23-2013 at 03:51 PM.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:21 AM   #24
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

Im bummed as well, you cant watch CPU vs CPU games this year. I didnt realize it was so difficult to not choose a team and just let the cpu play each other.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »