Home

Madden NFL 25 Review (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Review (360/PS3) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2013, 03:15 PM   #105
Rookie

OVR: 0
The game with proper sliders implemented is actually playable. The one major disappointment is, and this sounds nit-picky, but the teams with WHITE pants actually appear GRAY. The Miami Dolphins in real life have a clean all White look to their uniforms. I compared them to previous Dolphins uniforms in a Miami vs. Miami and sure enough, the new uniforms have Gray pants! It really ruins the game for me because it doesn't look like my team. This needs to be patched ASAP or the 'Early Release' will be the last time I play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2013, 04:24 PM   #106
Rookie

victorkingchamp's Arena

OVR: 3
My biggest problem with Madden is the presentation. A few awkwardly animated cutscenes does not equal presentation.

Why are the replays done from such a weird camera angle?
Why no decent halftime show and weekly breakdown show? Nfl 2k did it.
Why has the commentary been lacking for so long? Nba 2k nails it.
Why no interactive sidelines? allpro 2k8 did it.
Why not show other key players taking the field, instead of the same 2 or 3 animations for the QB every game?
Where are the authentic stadium sounds?
Why not show players running into and out of the huddle?
When a RB or WR gets subbed out due to fatigue, why not show him signal to the sidelines for the backup?
Why don't the players ever toss the ball to the ref after plays?
Why are some of the tackle animations so cartoony
Where are mascots and cheerleaders?

Why can't EA do subtle animations for celebrations instead of the over the top cartoony ones that they use now? Just have the players high five, butt helmets, spike the ball..etc.

MLB The Show and Nba 2K both have gameplay issues but, their overall presentation of the sport allows ,me to be more forgiving. Madden is a mix of C+ gameplay and D- presentation IMO. I know a few people that are not fans of NBA2k13's gameplay but they love the presentation because it replicates the excitement of the sport.

TL DR version: If Maddens presentation was an A+ I could be more forgiving of its C+ gameplay. But Maddens presentation is worse than the gameplay.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:57 PM   #107
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
Not surprised with the score lol
Old 08-25-2013, 08:43 PM   #108
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 25 Review (360/PS3)

I am not surprised about the score, or the lack of Gamers loving the game. EA Sports does this every year. You all expect change. You all expect change on the Next Gen. You all expect it to be different, in a few years; on the Next Gen systems. Back when everybody had Xbox/PS2's; only the graphics were better. But, you/we/us expect it to be different, better, improved...... almost never is. I only bought one 360 Football game....... NCAA Football '11. It was the best, up to that point. Haven't wasted my money before then, or since then; on an EA Sports game. Supposedly, NBA Live is going to be better. How good was the last EA Sports Basketball game? When was the last EA Sports Basketball game? Why is that? EA Sports gamers have to do the same to the Madden Franchise, too. I was on the EA / 2K fence for awhile, NBA wise. Made the change, on NBA 2k7. Every year; I always check out the EA Sports games...... probably like you all. Except for NCAA Football '11; I haven't bought an EA Sports game, since the switch. not a hockey fan --- What is worse, than buying from the Competitor? Is, not buying; when there is no competitor.

Last edited by MJG2; 08-25-2013 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Edit
Old 08-25-2013, 09:37 PM   #109
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorkingchamp
My biggest problem with Madden is the presentation. A few awkwardly animated cutscenes does not equal presentation.

Why are the replays done from such a weird camera angle?
Why no decent halftime show and weekly breakdown show? Nfl 2k did it.
Why has the commentary been lacking for so long? Nba 2k nails it.
Why no interactive sidelines? allpro 2k8 did it.
Why not show other key players taking the field, instead of the same 2 or 3 animations for the QB every game?
Where are the authentic stadium sounds?
Why not show players running into and out of the huddle?
When a RB or WR gets subbed out due to fatigue, why not show him signal to the sidelines for the backup?
Why don't the players ever toss the ball to the ref after plays?
Why are some of the tackle animations so cartoony
Where are mascots and cheerleaders?

Why can't EA do subtle animations for celebrations instead of the over the top cartoony ones that they use now? Just have the players high five, butt helmets, spike the ball..etc.

MLB The Show and Nba 2K both have gameplay issues but, their overall presentation of the sport allows ,me to be more forgiving. Madden is a mix of C+ gameplay and D- presentation IMO. I know a few people that are not fans of NBA2k13's gameplay but they love the presentation because it replicates the excitement of the sport.

TL DR version: If Maddens presentation was an A+ I could be more forgiving of its C+ gameplay. But Maddens presentation is worse than the gameplay.
I've long said until EA gets these things right in Madden and ncaa, I won't buy. No excuses. Halftime shows are part of football. How in the **** does neither game still do a decent halftime show? EA will never get this right.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:32 PM   #110
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Glass
I'm curious to what is considered SIM, because when EA gave the option to slow it down, people where raving the SIM word then.

Everyone seems to have different opinions on what the word truly means.
Well for one, the existence of defense would be a good start.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:29 PM   #111
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan21
I've long said until EA gets these things right in Madden and ncaa, I won't buy. No excuses. Halftime shows are part of football. How in the **** does neither game still do a decent halftime show? EA will never get this right.
I will never let bland presentation drive me away from a game if the gameplay is truly there. The issues with presentation have always been there and I've long given up on Madden there. FIFA does a good job. So its not an EA thing. I just want the items I listed. In said as much to the designer I met at E3. As an ex-player, he agreed. I just hope he will actually be given the freedom and authority to get it done. Knowing the EA culture, I can't be certain he will. But hopefully, things are changing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2013, 12:24 AM   #112
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29
C'mon the L.A. Kings fired Barry Melrose after losing in the Stanley Cup Finals, so that Cpu logic isn't that bad lol when worse has happened in reality.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »