Home

NCAA Draft Class results/conversion

This is a discussion on NCAA Draft Class results/conversion within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2013, 12:46 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: NCAA Draft Class results/conversion

If only you could import right before the draft. That way, you wouldn't have to go through the entire season to check draft classes
Old 08-26-2013, 12:51 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
Was Clowney given a player type?

It seems that the classes are alot more diverse than the pre-scripted classes?
what do you mean by player type? He was a speed rusher if that's what you're asking.

And yes they are a lot more diverse... Only issue (a big issue though) is that QBs are rated high like crazy and sometimes teams will draft a first round QB two or three years in a row seeking improvement. Of course this has everything to do with the fact that the sim stats curve is way broken so CPU QBs never really develop. Thankfully EASPORTS_AJ (in the impressions thread I believe) has said that he's passed that info on and I'm sure they're aware of it... totally breaks connected careers really right now
Old 08-26-2013, 01:03 PM   #11
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
There should be a fair amount of B talent still in the 3rd round. Look at a guy like the Honey Badger or Kenny Stills. It's nice to see deeper classes. Most 3rd round picks are expected to contribute on the team in year one. Not be a starter but if you take a CB in the 3rd round you expect him to at least be your nickel or Dime. In the pre-scripted class the only good players in the middle rounds were the "quick,fast,star development" players.

I agree. The pre-scripted class requires you to really scout and find that gem for your team. This guy Timonty Marcus played Safety and was known for his big hits you the internet. He was projected 5th round and moved up to 1st round being the number one safety. So i grabbed him in the 2nd thinking I had a steal.....and he was like 67 OVRish.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2013, 01:44 PM   #12
Rookie

I downloaded the first draft class on a forum, so what folder do I inject the class into? I'm pretty sure I have to create a folder, so what is the folder called? also, is clowney a safe pick in the draft?
Old 08-26-2013, 02:26 PM   #13
MVP

Robcards's Arena

OVR: 9

Looking for more input on my draft class roster, already got some good feedback and made some changes, but can't test it myself until I get the game tomorrow and even then I have work so I will have limited time to test and tune these.

Please let me know if you use these and any information is welcome:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ses-360-a.html
Old 08-26-2013, 03:03 PM   #14
Rookie

Phennixx's Arena

OVR: 4

I have been doing some testing and recommend saving in Bowl Season in NCAA 14 then in Madden 25 have your week 1 save and you can tinker with ratings ect in NCAA 14 by adjusting ratings and simming to Players Leaving and save the class (rinse and repeat) until your desired results.

So far it seems AWR is a big part of were players are rated and NCAA boosts thats stats quite a bit from the start of the season due tp stats/performance so I had to lower a few players to get some good results but still testing.

During one test the top 5 picks were Clowney, Bridgewater, Lee, Lewlan, and Barr so might be on to something Ill keep testing amd post as I can
Old 08-26-2013, 03:16 PM   #15
MVP

Robcards's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phennixx
I have been doing some testing and recommend saving in Bowl Season in NCAA 14 then in Madden 25 have your week 1 save and you can tinker with ratings ect in NCAA 14 by adjusting ratings and simming to Players Leaving and save the class (rinse and repeat) until your desired results.

So far it seems AWR is a big part of were players are rated and NCAA boosts thats stats quite a bit from the start of the season due tp stats/performance so I had to lower a few players to get some good results but still testing.

During one test the top 5 picks were Clowney, Bridgewater, Lee, Lewlan, and Barr so might be on to something Ill keep testing amd post as I can
That's a great top 5. Which roster did you use or did you make edits yourself? I also recommend saving a second copy of dynasty at End of Bowl Season to make edits. I've seen some wacky things like true sophomores declaring and whatnot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2013, 08:37 PM   #16
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

I've noticed something that really surprised me, in a good and bad way.

While I was scouting my 2014 draft class, I went to scout CBs. Almost every CB I scouted had A or B coverage skills (press,man,zone). All of the way until the last prospect. I like it because in NCAA these players were the best or 2nd best on their team, so they had to have been pretty good in college. What I don't like is that no matter when I pick the CB, he'll be able to cover pretty well. There is almost no gap between the 1st round and 5th round CB. I haven't scouted OL, LB, or HBs yet, but I feel like it will be similar.

I'm glad the best players aren't 7th round scrubs though. My top 3 is Taylor Lewan, Jake Matthews, AJ McCarron. Taj Boyd is the best real life QB after McCarron, none of the younger QBs went pro yet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »