Home

Storyline Draft Classes (Spoilers)

This is a discussion on Storyline Draft Classes (Spoilers) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2013, 10:50 PM   #153
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Storyline Draft Classes (Spoilers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by innet7
I drafted Starks. He was an 82, about 3/4s of the way through the season and he's an 88. Throw power is excellent. Deep accuracy kills him though. I didn't seen anything about him being in the MLB though. He did only throw like 2 or 4 interceptions in his last season. I also saw nothing about him lining up at RB and WR. He does have 92 speed though so that does make sense.
you perhaps got the version where he doesnt totally screw up and he turns out good but now hes listed as a running back in my draft
Old 09-04-2013, 10:53 PM   #154
Rookie

ohmyJEBUS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBLUE_08
Dammit! Now i have to start a new franchise. I was using imported classes, but these sound so much more fun
i never use imported classes, these draft stories are always so awesome, i wish there were more of them in there
Old 09-04-2013, 11:18 PM   #155
Rookie

Donny Moore tweeted that Roster Update would be "this weekend" and that he was still working on them. I was hoping to begin a new Franchise tomorrow, guess I'll just keep playing the one I've started. I don't know about the QB/Tackle from Missouri, they're in my current draft class,but the tackle is injured and no longer on my board
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2013, 04:44 AM   #156
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robrain
Updating this:

Storylines blurb:

TD Machine
"Monroe's 4 TDs shock Penn State in OT."

Also, a fake tweet:

"Loved the two Shady Monroe TDs against USF. Almost hit his head on the goalpost he jumped so high for one of them."

Another player to add (this is the Pop Warren draft), storyline blurb:

Hey, Look at Me!
"Eastern Michigan K Doug Bloot is a huge-legged kicker and mediocre backup QB trying to get on the NFL Draft radar".

Fake tweet:

"Here's a guy you haven't heard about but you will: Doug Bloot. The Rudy of kickers."
Update again:

36 year old QB Pop Warren relieves starter Matt Street and leads team back from 20-point deficit against Texas.

A storyline blurb about that Doug Bloot "Rudy" Kicker guy:

By Zip and By Kick:
"Eastern Michigan K Doug Bloot kicks three 60-yard plus FGs and throws for a TD in Eastern Michigan's 16-13 win over Central Michigan."

The following week:

Win in Reserve:
"Eastern Michigan K Doug Bloot relieves injured QB for second game in a row, throws 1 TD and kicks 2 FGs".

Considering that I cut Blaine Gabbert, and then benched Chad Henne in favor of my Punter at QB, maybe I'll take a shot on this guy, lol.

Fake tweet:

"Doug Bloot is a heck of clutch kicker, but he stepped way up to bring Eastern Michigan back from 10 down with his arm!"

New player storyline:

The New Nigerian Nightmare:
"Nigerian trakc star exchange student LeHigh RB Hakeem Okonkwo is fast and powerful; only injuries could slow him down."

Fake tweet about him:

"I know what everyone else does about Hakeem Okonkwo; grapevine says he's fast and strong. Beyond that? He's a mystery."

One more week later:

Comeback 'Kid' Does it Again:
"36-year-old backup QB Blake 'Pop' Warren again relieves TCU starter to lead furious 17-point comeback against Baylor to win the Conference."

Fake tweet:
"Can someone at TCU show some guts and make Pop Warren the starter already? Age is only a number!"

'The Boot' Gets Chance to Be 'The Arm':
"Eastern Michigan K Doug Bloot named starting QB."

Fake tweet:
"Talk about a rise to the top. Doug Bloot's rise from kicker to QB is like going from flank steak to filet."

Following week:

Triple Digits Times Three:
"Lehigh's Hakeem Okonkwo runs for 356 yards and 5 scores vs. Georgetown."

Fake tweet:

"Career day for Hakeem Okonkwo. By that I mean some careers don't feature 356 rushing yards. He did it in a game."

Big Time:
"UCF WR Shady Monroe sets school record for career touchdowns in just his third season."

Fake tweet:
"Loved the two Shady Monroe TDs against USF. Almost hit his head on the goalpost he jumped so high for one of them."

Following week:

Busting Through:
"Lehigh RB Hakeem 'Dream Shake' Okonkwo sets single season rushing yards mark in a win over Holy Cross."

Fake tweet:
"Guess who I'm hoping to get in the third round of my fantasy draft next year? Yep, Hakeem Okonkwo."

Following week:

Canada Born:
"University of BC WR DeMarcus Singleton is an unknown talent from up north in Canada."

Fake tweet:
"If DeMarcus Singleton is the real deal, we've got the next Victor Cruz on our hands."

Following week:

All in the Family:
"UBC WR DeMarcus Singleton has become a web sensation since releasing a highlight tape produced by his father."

Fake tweet:
"apparently a nfl player said demarcus singleton has 'hall of fame talent'. an unknown junior's that good? have my doubts."

Following week:

Border Run:
"UBC web sensation Demarcus 'Canada' Singleton ran a 4.25 in front of interested media proving that the viral tapes are legit."

Fake tweet:
"Need to see him in a game, but so far it seems DeMarcus Singleton is all he's cracked up to be. Which is way, way good."

Following week:
O Florida:
"UBC WR DeMarcus Singleton signs with Florida."

Fake tweet:
"Did anyone else believe DeMarcus Singleton when he said he always wanted to play for the Gators? Seemed inauthentic."

Finally, coaches Brian Billick and Jimmy Johnson came out of retirement at the end of the season. Fake Deion Sanders tweeted:

"Hey Jimmy...maybe you need a rookie corner that goes by Sandcastle."

Super Bowl week:

Singleton Returns to Gators:
"UBC WR DeMarcus Singleton says he'll return to Florida for senior season."

Fake tweet:
"When you see talent as good as DeMarcus Singleton you want him in the pros immediately, but he'll return to Florida."

Busted Skull:
"UCF WR Shady Monroe suffered a concussion while dunking in a streetball tournament; will miss the combine."

Fake tweet:
"Shady Monroe's streetball legend father Stretch needs to keep his kid off the basketball courts until the millions pour in."

Bloot Beyond Just the Boot:
"Eastern Michigan K Doug Bloot known as 'The Boot' said he wants a shot at both QB and kicker with whatever team drafts him.

Fake tweet:
"Life's gotten pretty hilarious when kicker's start making demands. Nice one, Doug Bloot."

Combine / Pro Day week:

Elder Statesman:
"36-year-old TCU QB Blake 'Pop' Warren wows scouts at Pro Day; draws comparisons to Andrew Luck."

Fake tweet:
"Upside aside, how much does Pop Warren have in the tank? He's 36! Why are teams even THINKING about drafting him?"

Impossible Burst:
"Lehigh RB Hakeem Okonkwo is beast at Pro Day, as scouts are amazed that a man his size could have that much burst and agility."

Fake tweet:
"Watching Hakeem Okonkwo is unreal. Buses that size don't go zero to sixty in .001 seconds. But he does."

Long, Tall, Shady:
"UCF WR Shady Monroe turns heads at Pro Day after adding bulk to six eight frame and turning in impressive 40 time."

Fake tweet:
"Quick rethink on Shady Monroe. He's got wheels. Speed with that height. Code name: Unstoppable."

Week after / Week of the draft:

Win Now:
"TCU QB Blake 'Pop' Warren is a Texas cult hero, but at 36 and only two games under his belt, he's a draft longshot."

Fake tweet:
"Here's the deal: if you want to win now, take Pop Warren with a late pick and just see. There's something there."

Stick to the Kick:
"Eastern Michigan K/QB hybrid Doug Bloot enters NFL considered excellent kicking prospect with no future as quarterback."

Fake tweet:
"Fair enough that Doug Bloot wants a shot to play QB. But no chance. But he will be the lone kicker drafted in this class."

Within Reach:
"UCF WR Shady Monroe considered a dominant red zone threat in the mold of Calvin Johnson Jr."

Fake tweet:
"With speed issues resolved at Shady Monroe's Pro Day, guess that means he just jogged through his college career?"

The Pride of Lehigh:
"Comparisons to Christian Okoye continue when scouts speak about Lehigh RB Hakeem Okonkwo, though he's only played one season."

Fake tweet:
"Hard for scouts to temper enthusiasm for Hakeem Onkonkwo. He's only played one real season. But that season was gold."

Random:

...lol WTF? I took over the Jags on this sim-through, and my 5th string MLB "Michael Zimmer" ended up winning the defensive rookie of the year after I traded away everyone on the depth chart in front of him.

He had 120 tackles (Geno Hayes had 221, leading the league and winning DEFMVP), 1 sack, and 2 forced fumbles in 13 games. Is that rookie of the year material?
Old 09-05-2013, 05:02 AM   #157
Rookie

For me, I usually have decent enough ~80-85 offensive linemen already, whether developed or signed during Free Agency.

When I'm scouting O-linemen for my power running attack, I always start by skimming the list for all the guys that are 6'6" or 6'7".

If they have a good amount of weight attached to them (~330 lbs), I always check their STR. If they have an A for STR, then my interest is peaked. Then I'll check both Run Block and Impact Block. If they have good RBL and IBL, then I don't really care what their Pass Block stat is initially - I can raise that easily during the season.

Example of this process.

I'm skimming the list, at the Right Guard position for the Pop Warren draft.

First two players are:
6'4" / 301 lbs
6'2" / 302 lbs

Next player is:
6'7" / 347 lbs

Immediately look at his STR. 'A'. Next I check his Run Block and Impact Block. 'B' and 'A'. Next I check his Pass Block. 'A'. Next I check his AWR. 'C'.

For AWR, usually most players have 'C', occasionally bad players will have 'D'. Occasionally good players will have 'B'.

Next I check his SPD and ACC to make sure he's not secretly slow as molasses (happens with the bigger guys more often than I'd like). 'C' and 'C'. Average at both, but that's fine! 'D' would be bad.

Now I'm really liking what I'm seeing, so I check his Development. FAST! YES!

This Right Guard's name is LeVaris Ballard.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:08 AM   #158
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBLUE_08
Dammit! Now i have to start a new franchise. I was using imported classes, but these sound so much more fun
It's extremely fun specially as the story lines develop with different players etc.. I like it!
Old 09-05-2013, 08:51 AM   #159
Rookie

LFC Jet's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robrain
For me, I usually have decent enough ~80-85 offensive linemen already, whether developed or signed during Free Agency.

When I'm scouting O-linemen for my power running attack, I always start by skimming the list for all the guys that are 6'6" or 6'7".

If they have a good amount of weight attached to them (~330 lbs), I always check their STR. If they have an A for STR, then my interest is peaked. Then I'll check both Run Block and Impact Block. If they have good RBL and IBL, then I don't really care what their Pass Block stat is initially - I can raise that easily during the season.

Example of this process.

I'm skimming the list, at the Right Guard position for the Pop Warren draft.

First two players are:
6'4" / 301 lbs
6'2" / 302 lbs

Next player is:
6'7" / 347 lbs

Immediately look at his STR. 'A'. Next I check his Run Block and Impact Block. 'B' and 'A'. Next I check his Pass Block. 'A'. Next I check his AWR. 'C'.

For AWR, usually most players have 'C', occasionally bad players will have 'D'. Occasionally good players will have 'B'.

Next I check his SPD and ACC to make sure he's not secretly slow as molasses (happens with the bigger guys more often than I'd like). 'C' and 'C'. Average at both, but that's fine! 'D' would be bad.

Now I'm really liking what I'm seeing, so I check his Development. FAST! YES!

This Right Guard's name is LeVaris Ballard.
That generally makes scouting sound cool, When do you do your scouting at the end of the season or through out the season?
Old 09-05-2013, 11:12 AM   #160
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFC Jet
That generally makes scouting sound cool, When do you do your scouting at the end of the season or through out the season?
you get "Scouting points" and you can let it accrue up and spend it all at season's end or do weekly scouting.. it's all up to you and all based on how many scouting points you have

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »