Home

Madden 11 CAP Limitations

This is a discussion on Madden 11 CAP Limitations within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2011, 01:46 AM   #1
(PS3) Madden 13

mirrored32's Arena

OVR: 18
Icon8 Madden 11 CAP Create-A-Player Limitations

I can't remember where but i heard a rumor that the (CAP) Create-A-Player feature for madden was 'unlimited' in terms of creating players. I didn't believe it, but i wanted to, until I hit the ceiling.

* There is a limit to how many players are in the roster file.

I was creating a player and 'keep player without saving' and he wasn't there. found that I hit the limit.

Why am i bothered by this or why should this concern you?

it bothers me because i want historical rosters. i have created players in an attempt to recreate historical rosters, but without another feature of the CAP feature this is impossible.

* no way to delete player from roster whether created or otherwise

In creating Historical Rosters (which is the way I want to play) i can't delete 'whatever' players from the roster. I can't even remove 'oops' kind of players i created.

Though I never liked the game play of 2KSports NFL football, I did appreciate how 'easy' it was for them to get the licenses for real Historical NFL players. I am not sure why EA can't do this but it is no real bother for me. (though rumor has it MUT has some, but you can't use them in franchise WHAT?!)

What I would like is what Madden had back in the day, historical rosters. But with the legal issues with that and sore players wanting some money. this just isn't going to happen. with that said. . . .

For those of us that want to play the game with our own homemade rosters, why not? i dont' see the harm if WE the CONSUMERS create the players. It isn't like we cant sell them or anything. Besides, most of the players never LOOK like the real deal, just play as we 'think' they would in our perception of history.

any thoughts? does Madden 12 have a 'delete player'?

Last edited by mirrored32; 06-28-2011 at 01:55 AM. Reason: headline correction
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2011, 05:11 PM   #2
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden 11 CAP Limitations

i think the limit is around 50-60ish? i also agree about not being able to delete your created player just something else u could do on ps2 that u cant on ng systems. i doubt there is an option to delete your created player on 12 i know they said u can edit players in 12 but didnt hear anything about created players.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:31 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

[quote=azdawgpound;2042540196]i think the limit is around 50-60ish? i also agree about not being able to delete your created player just something else u could do on ps2 that u cant on ng systems. i doubt there is an option to delete your created player on 12 i know they said u can edit players in 12 but didnt hear anything about created players.

I heard that Madden 12 is going to let users recreate old players such as Brian Urlacher, Tom Brady, Randy Moss, etc. For example, if you wanted to make them younger, you could, but their attributes would change based on the previous Madden rosters. But I think the most created players you can have at one time is like 25, because in Madden 11, I recreated players such as Miles Austin, and created players such as Brett Favre, Michael Vick, etc. But when I got to 25, I saved another player, and the rest of my players were deleted!
Old 07-02-2011, 08:42 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 8

[quote=Clubmonger;2042544232]
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
i think the limit is around 50-60ish? i also agree about not being able to delete your created player just something else u could do on ps2 that u cant on ng systems. i doubt there is an option to delete your created player on 12 i know they said u can edit players in 12 but didnt hear anything about created players.

I heard that Madden 12 is going to let users recreate old players such as Brian Urlacher, Tom Brady, Randy Moss, etc. For example, if you wanted to make them younger, you could, but their attributes would change based on the previous Madden rosters. But I think the most created players you can have at one time is like 25, because in Madden 11, I recreated players such as Miles Austin, and created players such as Brett Favre, Michael Vick, etc. But when I got to 25, I saved another player, and the rest of my players were deleted!
On PS3 I have never seen my players get deleted but you do reach a point where you can't do any more. Its not a CAP limit per se its a total limit on the # of players on a roster file. When the game first came out (and had less players) you could do more CAPs than you can with the latest roster out. I'm not sure how they are going to treat CAPs this year but as long as its not like Madden 10 (you could only do about 4 CAPs by the end of that one) it should be OK.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »