Home

Just read and you'll understand...Real NFL...regarding stats..and gameplay..

This is a discussion on Just read and you'll understand...Real NFL...regarding stats..and gameplay.. within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-29-2012, 02:25 AM   #281
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Just read and you'll understand...Real NFL...regarding stats..and gameplay..

Just want to state once again I love your sliders, but I do have some interesting news:

I recently played my week 3 offline CCM with the Eagles vs. Cardinals and even though I won, J. Skelton did throw 24/29 with 1 INT, I am just saying 82% completion is crazy high, and maybe that guy who was arguing about QB's percentages being off is on to something. Mind you I have played 2 games before this and in fact all of them have that one thing in common the CPU QB's having high completion rates. Browns (59%), Ravens (76%), Cardinals (82%) all I am saying is Eagles secondary isn't that bad. Mind you I am 1-2.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2012, 03:05 AM   #282
Rookie

chino22's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Just read and you'll understand...Real NFL...regarding stats..and gameplay..

Dallas Cowboys at Atlanta Falcons
Nov 5, 20121ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Dallas Cowboys (3-4)00033
Atlanta Falcons (5-2)71414742
Team Stats Comparison
DALATL
Total Offense267379
Rushing Yards28142
Passing Yards239237
First Downs1316
Punt Return Yards1046
Kick Return Yards166-1
Total Yards443424
Turnovers30
3rd Down Converstion47
4th Down Conversion01
2-Point Conversion00
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals0/06/0
Penalties230
Posession Time29:2430:36
Dallas Cowboys
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
T.ROMO28/3926101
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
D.MURRAY12191.60
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
D.MURRAY8364.50
D.BRYANT67212.00
K.OGLETREE46215.50
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
D.BAILEY1/30/0343
Atlanta Falcons
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
M.RYAN22/3325630
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
M.TURNER311474.73
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
J.JONES1012712.70
R.WHITE56312.61
T.GONZALEZ2178.51
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
M.BRYANT0/16/66N/A

This is the first game I've had where I completely dominated the entire duration. My offense and defense both played great. The Cowboys were without Miles Austin, but it shouldn't have made that drastic of a difference. Could just be an anomaly as blowouts do happen sometimes.
Old 09-29-2012, 03:22 AM   #283
Rookie

OVR: 0

Loving da sliders 1 thang can i go up on fatigue so cpu want get 30 carries a game also i thank dey work better online then off cpu sometime make bad decisionson playcallin offline but still like da realism
Old 09-29-2012, 04:30 AM   #284
Rookie

Just looking at the numbers I was skeptical, but gave it a try. Thank you, it actually felt like a football game. I've been trying lots of sliders and they just lacked the right feel. Stats came out ok. Opposing QB completion percentage is a bit high, but as much as I was blitzing I expected that. My stats were right on the money. Thanks again for a great slider set and making madden fun.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:57 AM   #285
Banned

OVR: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by quan15
When I said perspective I meant simply the fact that you believe that because the sliders are flawed as they do not work the way it appears that they should in the game that I should quit tweaking. All I have stated from that point on is that I pretty much do not feel the need to tweak anymore which is why on the first page of this thread I am telling everyone to "not" change anything. I wouldn't say that if the gameplay seem to still be broken somewhere, of course this game isn't perfect so this set is not perfect but I am telling you to try them. I know you make your own set and are also doing other things so it's like why bother well fine I understand but as I said, though these sliders are broken it does not mean that they do not still affect gameplay which was my approach in making these. I did not make these based on the idea that what I am setting actually corresponds with what it indicates it affects. I took on the assumption that "everything affects everything" and from doing that I produced these which a I said 95% on here have no complaints regarding the intentions with my sliders/settings being that I did not design this game so I can't fix things like the fact that punters don't actually try to "coffin corner" punts when in the opponents territory but outside of things like that these babies work I promise you, that is if you actually want a challenge. So thanks again for your perspective with regards to your opinion and of course I have already acknowledged the "facts" that you presented about the sliders being "broken" and I agree completely with that, but this game is just another computer program which ultimately means if the sliders affect anything at all in changing the way the game plays then there is DEFINITELY a way to create a competitive balance. It just isn't laid out on a silver platter as we all had hoped it would be...paz y amar

By the way just for the sake of saying...I've only made 2 actual sets based on my perspective on how they work with these being the second one. The last one was pretty decent but just wasn't cutting it for me then I figured out the problem, which is pretty much what you said in a nutshell and that is they do not work the way they are intended to. So I looked for the way in which they actually do work, thought outside the box if you will and then boom..."Madden Revolution". Also thanks for your wishes my friend.
So as I was reading this and also browsing the latest box scores posted in your thread, I have to refer to Chino's last post as exactly the inconsistency I mentioned earlier. At this point, I don't think the issues, we are having, are slider related. I think it is a deeper AI/ game plan issue. As I said, you may get a challenge from the AI from time to time, but that challenge is not consistent from game to game.

I would hate to see the good slider maker burn themselves out on this game trying to resolve issues out of their control. We are going to need them at full readiness when the next patch hits.

I welcome you to browse the threads of all of these notable slider guys:

Jarrodd21
Charter04
MarketingWiz

All of these guys have broken their backs trying to find consistency in the sliders this year. It just isn't there

Last edited by SECElit3; 09-29-2012 at 08:11 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2012, 10:10 AM   #286
Rookie

13 min quarters shoudn't affect sliders will it.
Old 09-29-2012, 10:21 AM   #287
Rookie

OVR: 3
Just wanted to post my stats bc I known there's been talks surrounding John Skelton and i just played the Cardinals in my online CCM

Tannehill: 30/53 (56%) for 243 yards. 0 td 1 int. Long 26
Skelton: 18/34 (52%) for 236 yards. 0 td 0 int. Long 22

Bush: 15 carries for 74 yards. Long 35
Daniel Thomas (MIA) 9 carries for 33 yards. Long 11
Beanie Wells: 27 carries for 100 yards. Long 32

Bush: 11 rec for 32 yards
Fasano: 5 rec for 45 yards
Hartline: 4 rec for 63 yards

Fitzgerald: 5 rec for 70 yards
Floyd: 5 rec for 82 yards
Wells: 5 rec for 37 yards

Game ended up tied 12-12. 4 field goals from both teams

In my opinion, these stats are pretty much as realistic as possible. Playing overtime now, but figured I'd post these stats

Sent from my Toasted Marshmallow using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-29-2012, 12:43 PM   #288
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
So as I was reading this and also browsing the latest box scores posted in your thread, I have to refer to Chino's last post as exactly the inconsistency I mentioned earlier. At this point, I don't think the issues, we are having, are slider related. I think it is a deeper AI/ game plan issue. As I said, you may get a challenge from the AI from time to time, but that challenge is not consistent from game to game.

I would hate to see the good slider maker burn themselves out on this game trying to resolve issues out of their control. We are going to need them at full readiness when the next patch hits.

I welcome you to browse the threads of all of these notable slider guys:

Jarrodd21
Charter04
MarketingWiz

All of these guys have broken their backs trying to find consistency in the sliders this year. It just isn't there
I've checked all those guys out and they're pretty good at what they do. Has nothing to do with me bro. You might have spoken too soon as a guy below just posted stats of that same quarterback and he didn't do so well. The "chino22" had his first blowout which DOES happen in the NFL I mean the Vikings in real life just got done dominating supposedly the best team in the NFL so all the inconsistent challenge thing I'm like c'mon. No one said the cpu wasn't putting up a fight they just got creamed. Ask that individual if they pretty much after that game see these sliders are broken and need to be started from scratch. I won't even say the answer but if they feel the need I'm sure they will enlighten you on their experience.

By the way, you haven't tried them so looking at stats is going to do you no good. One person on here just said that the Browns quarter back having a 59% completion rating is high. It's all about perspective. How about we ask the individual who stopped the incredible Cardinal's quarterback how he did it. Pretty sure they made it their mission to try and key on one of the best receivers in the game so that he doesn't make the quarterback look great.

As I said try them for yourself and see if it doesn't "feel" right. Stop looking at stats because that is what everyone does trying to see if they are on par with either their "opinion" of what they think a team should do or an average which makes no sense to follow because averages like with any mathematical average should not be taken as the all to end all because you HAVE to consider the highs and lows that created the average...paz y amar

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »