Home

A new way to fine tune gameplay

This is a discussion on A new way to fine tune gameplay within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2008, 03:59 PM   #1
Pro

Blazelore's Arena

OVR: 6
A new way to fine tune gameplay

I think for Madden 2010 the attributes should be dynamic like how they were in the first HC game. They shouldn't be an absolute value. Someone like Clinton Portis may have a max spd of 97 but he starts the season with it at 93 and as the season goes he gets into rhythm and stride. This would be for all attributes. There will be ceilings and floors for their attributes and this would eliminate the randomness of the progression because the more they play the better they would be especially based on a hidden potential rating and what type of season they are having and age. I think this would truly innovate the game as far as getting everyone on the field some playing time. That would be crucial. And expanding on the fatigue a little more. There should be a max fatigue for the entire season. So if you like to run the ball and your running back is getting 25-35 touches a game, by week 10 or 11 his fatigue shouldn't even start at 100. It should be like 90-92 depending on his toughness and conditioning. Also factor in how many hits they are taking. It would make it smart to play your backups getting them some reps in so if your starters go down they can step in and produce instead of trying to shake the rust of when put in clutch situations. Everyone knows all the NFL players don't start off hot out the gate. Sometimes it takes them a couple games to get into the flow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2008, 04:03 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: A new way to fine tune gameplay

In relation to the ratings, they should also adjust based on what type of system you run. An undersized DE on a 4-3 team would be rated lower than if he were the LOLB on a 3-4 team.
Old 06-18-2008, 04:08 PM   #3
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
I think for Madden 2010 the attributes should be dynamic like how they were in the first HC game. They shouldn't be an absolute value. Someone like Clinton Portis may have a max spd of 97 but he starts the season with it at 93 and as the season goes he gets into rhythm and stride. This would be for all attributes. There will be ceilings and floors for their attributes and this would eliminate the randomness of the progression because the more they play the better they would be especially based on a hidden potential rating and what type of season they are having and age.
I totally disagree C.Portis doesn't get faster as the season goes on thats very unrealistic. T.Brady didn't need to warm up his first game of the season he completed 22 or 28 passes. Threw for 297 and 3 TD's.
Old 06-18-2008, 04:12 PM   #4
Pro

Blazelore's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by russell05
I totally disagree C.Portis doesn't get faster as the season goes on thats very unrealistic. T.Brady didn't need to warm up his first game of the season he completed 22 or 28 passes. Threw for 297 and 3 TD's.
So what your saying is every player in the NFL starts the season off on fire?? I doubt that plus your missing the point. THis is eliminating the guess work of progression and giving players better opportunities at evaluating there talent. For you to say someone doesn't get faster in a season has some truth to it but to be politically correct some people get stronger than others as some get weaker than others throughout the season. Thats my point and that's realistic!
Old 06-18-2008, 04:20 PM   #5
Pro

Blazelore's Arena

Let me add too I'm not speaking for online or pick up game players. I'm speaking for the franchisers. I think it defeats teh purpose to keep getting roster updates when your in your franchise because you can't apply those changes once you've started. This is for the franchise mode players. Apparently there isn't that many of us but this is for us.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2008, 04:42 PM   #6
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

I think some ratings should be dynamic, like injury, strength, awareness, etc. Spd could maybe have a min-max type system (ex.93-97) for guys who take awhile to get into "gameshape"...or maybe new ratings to reflect this....
Old 06-18-2008, 04:43 PM   #7
Pro

Blazelore's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
I think some ratings should be dynamic, like injury, strength, awareness, etc. Spd could maybe have a min-max type system (ex.93-97) for guys who take awhile to get into "gameshape"...or maybe new ratings to reflect this....
That's exactly what I'm saying. You see where I'm getting.
Old 06-18-2008, 05:24 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Maybe that injury rating should decrease as they get more and more carries (more likely exposing that body to injury).
R.I.P. #21

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »