Home

I'll be buying Madden 2010 for the PC.

This is a discussion on I'll be buying Madden 2010 for the PC. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2008, 11:11 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
I'll be buying Madden 2010 for the PC.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/895/89501...0&RSSid=895012

Quote:
Many were upset by the report that Madden 09 would not be appearing on PC, with EA Sports citing "serious business challenges" as the reason.

During a financial call today the mega-publisher announced that it would be bringing Madden back off the bench next year (along with other shelved games) on PC. Peter Moore said EA Sports will be "Retooling these titles to take advantage of the online connectivity in a bigger and more meaningful way. Stay tuned for more on this."

We will, Peter, and so should you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2008, 11:29 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: I'll be buying Madden 2010 for the PC.

Amen to that.

Why do I get the feeling they took a year off so they can put quality time into bringing the 360 version to the PC, and incorporating Games for Windows Live for 360-cross play?

Yes Please. Now where is NCAA Football for PC?!
Old 07-29-2008, 11:32 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580
Amen to that.

Why do I get the feeling they took a year off so they can put quality time into bringing the 360 version to the PC, and incorporating Games for Windows Live for 360-cross play?

Yes Please. Now where is NCAA Football for PC?!
Good question. The modding community could have a field day with NCAA on PC.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:33 PM   #4
Pro

No doubt.

I'm a PC Gamer, no doubt about it. And while I will certainly buy Madden for it, I would go crazy for NCAA Football on the PC. I'd even go so far as to say that my XBox 360 probably wouldn't be necessary anymore. It's the main game I look forward to on the 360.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:37 PM   #5
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Wow, gotta say, I wasn't expecting this. I guess if taking a year off can bring Madden back to its glory on PC, it is worth it. I just wonder why they didn't just say this to begin with instead of dumping PC like it was a candy bar wrapper stuck to their shoe.

Cross play between 360 and PC is the obvious direction, particularly since the framework is available to do so now. As for NCAA, I don't see it. EA would be VERY smart if they decided to release an NCAA add-on pack for future Madden PC's though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2008, 11:37 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580
No doubt.

I'm a PC Gamer, no doubt about it. And while I will certainly buy Madden for it, I would go crazy for NCAA Football on the PC. I'd even go so far as to say that my XBox 360 probably wouldn't be necessary anymore. It's the main game I look forward to on the 360.
Check this link out then. It says NCAA Football is coming to PC next year.

http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=54275

Quote:
EA's Q1 2009 financial result shows that the company doubled its revenue ($804 million compared to last year's $395 million), mainly driven by Battlefield: Bad Company and UEFA EURO 2008, and Rock Band, while Boom Blox so far sold 450k copies. The investors conference call had less positive news as EA has decided to delay its free-to-play online FPS Battlefield Heroes in order to give the devs more time to implement community features, as well as Tiberium, its FPS set in the C&C universe, from its scheduled late 2008 until fiscal 2009, which runs anywhere from April 1, 2009 to March 31, 2010. However sports fans will be delighted to know that next year Madden, NBA Live and NCAA Football are coming back to the PC with expanded online features.
I know absolutely nothing about this website though. I assume it's legit
Old 07-29-2008, 11:40 PM   #7
Pro

Oh. My. GOD.

Seriously, if this happens, I'll lose it. My heart rate = racing lol.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:50 PM   #8
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

I wouldn't be too certain yet. Worthplaying may be reaching on the NCAA thing based on the statement all series will be BACK on PC next year. The word 'back' is key as NCAA is long removed from PC, which WP may not be aware of.

EA always said NCAA wasn't profitable enough for PC, after it was canned on PC anyway. I never understood why they didn't just make it an addon pack for Madden. Seriously, if we had the tools EA do, Madden PC could be modded to NCAA *easily*. Plus as an addon pack it forces people to purchase Madden first, so it's win win for EA. Most PC fans would happily buy Madden even if it's just for NCAA. Maybe the NFL opposed such a setup though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »