Home

box score glitch

This is a discussion on box score glitch within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2009, 02:54 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
box score glitch

sometimes in simulated games it will say one score on the schedule but when you look at the box score its a completely different one even a difference in who won and lost but the one on the schedule is what matters
just for instance i just simulated a game in the wild card round where i beat the skins 29-28 and i went to go see the box score and it says they beat me 30-27 thats happened to me numerous times so just wondering if anyone else experiences that and if a developer reads will it be fixed for 10? not rly a big deal just a minor thing imo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2009, 03:00 AM   #2
Rookie

ghostlight85's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: box score glitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysfan440
sometimes in simulated games it will say one score on the schedule but when you look at the box score its a completely different one even a difference in who won and lost but the one on the schedule is what matters
just for instance i just simulated a game in the wild card round where i beat the skins 29-28 and i went to go see the box score and it says they beat me 30-27 thats happened to me numerous times so just wondering if anyone else experiences that and if a developer reads will it be fixed for 10? not rly a big deal just a minor thing imo.
I have indeed seen this one as well, but I don't exactly remember the circumstances. I do, however remember several occasions where overturned plays in games that I played caused weird behavior with the score. The score bug showed me winning, but actually I was losing. A touchdown that got overturned continued to show as if it had been upheld. I remember this happening a couple times as well in the post game box score, but only once during the actual game did the score show up incorrectly.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:30 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

I had that happen to me too. I simulated the SB, and the score was 15-12(OT)

but when i looked at the box score it showed it as 12-13, and somehow jumped into OT. made no since, not really a big deal to me, but its something that should be fixed
Old 05-07-2009, 06:11 AM   #4
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Well hopefully Ian has saw this problem and fixed it.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:24 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
Well hopefully Ian has saw this problem and fixed it.
We living on hopes and dreams here? How about hopefully he reads this thread and it comes to his attention there's a simulation box score bug.

Is he supposed to be able to find everything that was wrong with previous Maddens?

It would be nice if he came on here said, yep that's fixed, but he doesn't.

Instead I'm reverted to seeing you end every thread with hopes and assumptions that Ian fixed it. It's almost comical.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2009, 10:20 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 13

Yeah this has happened to me twice... bizarre bug.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:55 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

it's not just the simulation games, after regular games, if you go look at the scoring summary and scroll back and forth through the quarters to see the partial scores, you'll see some glitchiness there where the final score gets out of whack..

also, there's a similar glitch when looking at the game replays where you press left or right to navigate through the quarters, that the navigation doesn't stop.. let me explain cause that was really vague. say you are going to view the replays, and you are on the 1st quarter. you press right to view the 2nd quarter replays, but the navigation goes all the way to the 4th quarter by itself, even though you just tapped the right directional once. this happens all the time in the replay view and after fidgeting with it it finally sticks to the 2nd quarter, but it's really annoying.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:28 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by djKianoosh
it's not just the simulation games, after regular games, if you go look at the scoring summary and scroll back and forth through the quarters to see the partial scores, you'll see some glitchiness there where the final score gets out of whack..

also, there's a similar glitch when looking at the game replays where you press left or right to navigate through the quarters, that the navigation doesn't stop.. let me explain cause that was really vague. say you are going to view the replays, and you are on the 1st quarter. you press right to view the 2nd quarter replays, but the navigation goes all the way to the 4th quarter by itself, even though you just tapped the right directional once. this happens all the time in the replay view and after fidgeting with it it finally sticks to the 2nd quarter, but it's really annoying.
im going to be on the lookout next time
i've never noticed it in a regular game just many simed ones

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »