Home

Online Madden10 & Facebook?

This is a discussion on Online Madden10 & Facebook? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2009, 07:27 PM   #1
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18
Online Franchise Madden10 & Facebook?

Seems like everytime Online franchise and Madden get brought up in the same sentence "Facebook" gets brought up.
What in the world could these two have in common?
I remember I read something a couple weeks ago about Playstation Network having something done with Facebook.

Did some research and this is what I found

http://www.ps3attitude.com/new/2009/...k-integration/

At the MI6 Games Marketing Summit in San Francisco yesterday, SCEA’s John Koller dropped a small bombshell when the question of Facebook integration came up. On the subject of PS3 being able to ’spit out something to Facebook’, Koller responded that social network integration is “critical not just for marketing but for the types of games we’re trying to develop. That day is coming quicker than some may think.”

http://on10.net/blogs/sarahintampa/S...-MySpace-Bebo/

A company called Digital Outlook has developed a social media toolkit that will allow Xbox gamers to share their personalized, customized Xbox avatar creations on various social networking sites including Facebook, MySpace, Bebo, Live Spaces, and more. The new toolkit will also allow those avatars to be shared in the form of e-cards, too. Called “Free Your Avatar,” the kit is now available right on the Xbox.com web site where you can either enter in your gamertag or build an avatar from scratch right there.

This is just a couple things I found on the web.
What you guys think this Madden10 Facebook thing could be?

Last edited by ZoneKIller; 05-06-2009 at 07:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2009, 07:34 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Online Madden10 & Facebook?

That's some good research, but no matter how I spin it I can't fathom that EA would ever force you to get a Facebook account for On-line Franchise participation purposes... so the conclusion that I'm jumping to here, is that there will not be on-line franchise in M10 and that this Facebook thing is something different.

I hope I'm wrong, but once again, I can't imagine them forcing us to use Facebook just to do on-line franchise.
Old 05-05-2009, 07:36 PM   #3
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

I could see it being something used in a way to interact with all the other players in your franchise so you can plan things out, when to play, making trades etc. etc.

This way you could get on during work etc etc., you don't have to be connect to your 360 to look at your information.
Old 05-05-2009, 07:37 PM   #4

KANE699's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
That's some good research, but no matter how I spin it I can't fathom that EA would ever force you to get a Facebook account for On-line Franchise participation purposes... so the conclusion that I'm jumping to here, is that there will not be on-line franchise in M10 and that this Facebook thing is something different.

I hope I'm wrong, but once again, I can't imagine them forcing us to use Facebook just to do on-line franchise.
I'm going to go ahead and assume they wouldn't force you, it would be an option but I mean its not like having one is a big deal. It's free and doesn't take but 5 minutes to set one up.
Old 05-05-2009, 07:38 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

What if you don't have a PC though?

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2009, 07:40 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
I'm going to go ahead and assume they wouldn't force you, it would be an option but I mean its not like having one is a big deal. It's free and doesn't take but 5 minutes to set one up.
I just don't see it... yes, anyone can make an account, but that's adding another layer to everything. I mean, yes I know we've had to log-in and sign up to websites that are directly tied to the game itself, but facebook seems like a different animal all together.

I mean, if it is the only way to provide us with a robust interface for managing our on-line franchise then hell I'm down, but I just can't see it going that way.... once again though, hope I'm wrong
Old 05-05-2009, 07:41 PM   #7

KANE699's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
What if you don't have a PC though?
Someone who would have online at home on just their xbox and not also be online on a computer just bewilders me.
Old 05-05-2009, 07:41 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Well, then lots of people will bewilder you.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »