Home

Old 05-24-2009, 03:53 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
Prep Steps

we all know that momentum has never existed in madden.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t30-l1AU6gY

you see in that video that the reciever on the madden 10 side actually has to take little choppy steps to stop and start. i think the same should be used for when you hand-off the ball to your back' AND when you decide to sprint with your QB. i hope they carry that over to starting and stopping in general, not just running routes and making cuts in the routes
-The Rangers will............have better luck nest year

looking forward to this projected masterpiece known Madden 10 (M10)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2009, 05:38 PM   #2
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Prep Steps

Well ya in a way it should be that way. But Ian is doing everything he can to improvement the movements of the RBs and QB this year. It might take a few more maddens to get it right. But Ian will get it right if it kills him.
Old 05-24-2009, 06:31 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
Well ya in a way it should be that way. But Ian is doing everything he can to improvement the movements of the RBs and QB this year. It might take a few more maddens to get it right. But Ian will get it right if it kills him.
why would we have to wait for other maddens to have this? they already have it in the game itself, but just just for running routes, im sure they would be able to carry it over to other aspects of madden, not just route running

Old 05-24-2009, 06:34 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

would be extremely dissapointed if it didnt have it. That is the thing that has kept me from madden and with 2k. Also, add in variable speed please!
Old 05-24-2009, 06:37 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUSS
would be extremely dissapointed if it didnt have it. That is the thing that has kept me from madden and with 2k. Also, add in variable speed please!
what you mean exactly? they changed how speed is going to be in madden 10, what do you mean

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2009, 07:59 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers1216
what you mean exactly? they changed how speed is going to be in madden 10, what do you mean

Do you mean the -5% to speed, realistic speed? I know that, but if its been confirmed that there is controllable variable speed than I am a happy man.

This is what I mean, in 2K football if you press lightly on the L stick you go slow, there is three speeds to run with the L stick (pressure sensitive). The first level is like a very slow trot (with the ball carrier) or moving very slow which also makes for much better focus (head tracking). The next speed level is moving slowly with power (the ball carrier runs lower, legs more bent and covers the ball). In this level you fall forward more. The third level comes when pressing the stick full throttle, initiating the accellaration and the ball carrier, or any position, is less focused on what is around and just on running fast. Lastly, you can tap A to speed burst further, player puts his head back and is only focused on running as fast as possible.

Why it is important to me. Besides having more control, it makes it so much more realistic when following blocks. If you full throttle you almost always make it so a hole doesnt fully develop. Also, on Defense it makes it important not to lose cool and overpursue. Lastly, when pressing easy on the stick all positions focus more and have their legs under them. it makes a lot of sense and immerses me into the game.

In madden I would try and run patient, following block and I would be going full speed, even when I pressed the analog stick slightly. Whats the point of an analog stick if its digital responsive?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »