Home

Is the EA Ratings guy a giants fan?

This is a discussion on Is the EA Ratings guy a giants fan? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2009, 01:41 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
Is the EA Ratings guy a giants fan?

Ok with no update last week I figured something was up and with basically no changes this week to NYG its a little obvious.....How does this team not go down...?

And me being a cardinals fan how can they not have increases all over that defense with the games they have played the last two weeks. Only DRC went up one point...

Weak update and totally biased.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2009, 01:56 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: Is the EA Ratings guy a giants fan?

Pretty sure player ratings are not based on a two game stretch
Old 10-29-2009, 02:30 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Men_in_Mass
Pretty sure player ratings are not based on a two game stretch
im pretty sure they are

roster update #8
NCAAF- MIAMI LSU
"IM SO UPTOWN AND IF U AIN'T MOTHA#$@ DONT GO UPTOWN, YEAH"

Quote:
How often can the bug be reproduced? That's a question for the developers...I'm not testing this for them...
Old 10-29-2009, 03:07 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

Well when you remove Kenny Phillips, Chris Canty and Michael Boley from the defense they're probably going to get scored on by great passing teams like the Saints and Cardinals. So no need for ratings on the remaining player to drop. We all know that CC Brown isn't Kenny Phillips, and Brown sucks in the game, as he should.

The one boost they got this week was Hakeem Nicks, who when you look at per game averages (he missed a few games with injuries) is having the best season out of all rookie WRs.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:12 PM   #5
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

How do they just list jumps in overall ratings without mentioning WHAT made the overall increase?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2009, 03:56 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

If they lowered the Redskins like they have while we are missing two Pro bowl lineman who would start on any team, and we are now missing Cooley too. Then the Giants should go down too.

― Plato
Old 10-29-2009, 04:10 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

no disrespect intended, but i dont understand how there can any major increases/decreases during a season. yes there are those few 'breakout' players that were probably a low ovr when madden shipped and i can understand those increases, but i dont understand from roster update 1 to 7 how you can drop a player/team overall ratings after a couple 'bad' games.
example: after Pitt dropped to 1-2 to start season the next update had a bunch of decreases of players ovr???
its a 16 game season. they're still defending champs (not to sound like a homer but thats only team i really looked for increases/decreases) im sure there's others like this.
i mean we all used to get mad (well me anyway) at how progression was so jacked up during a season, but now with all these roster updates (which i love the frequency of, for added/removed players) and overall's increasing and decreacing during a season, why not bring back game to game progression as well. then well have all 90+ players on our teams again. not what i ( or most of madden community)wants.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:27 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 2

Good points...I guess Im wondering if they make adj to ratings yet they dont affect the overall rating will they post that in the updates....?

For the last two weeks the giants have had trouble in getting to the QB..shouldnt their pass rush skills go down some across the DL? or the cardinals pass blocking skills go up some....? Beanie wells stiff arm go up 1.....

Im happy that they update this stuff but it just seems like it is too much for one person to do especially if he is not a fan of that team.. Im sure they could find 32 people that would offer their input for free....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »