Home

Madden 11 Crowd and Momentum

This is a discussion on Madden 11 Crowd and Momentum within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2010, 10:35 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Madden 11 Crowd and Momentum

Would anyone else like to see the crowd and Momentum play an important role in the upcoming Madden. For instace:

Home Field: You come into the game with a slight ratings boost

Momentum: You get a couple of stops in the backfield causing the momentum meter to fill which temporarily gives your players a ratings boost.

Both: When you make the momentum meter fill it makes the crowd get louder which will increase false starts and other penalties, and Give you a temporary ratings boost while your oppenents drop.

Like to hear what you guys think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2010, 10:58 PM   #2
MVP

mburke2's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Madden 11 Crowd and Momentum

I kinda like this idea. I'm not completely sold on the momentum portion of it but the crowd being a factor seems like a must to me. Crowds and home field advantage don't seem to play much of a role in the game as it stands so that's something I would like to see implemented. Loud crowds causing problems for the opposing O-line and QB (false starts, delay of game, QBs having a tougher time trying to audible) would be a good addition to the gameplay and would add a touch more difficulty and realism.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:01 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonpack
Would anyone else like to see the crowd and Momentum play an important role in the upcoming Madden. For instace:

Home Field: You come into the game with a slight ratings boost

Momentum: You get a couple of stops in the backfield causing the momentum meter to fill which temporarily gives your players a ratings boost.

Both: When you make the momentum meter fill it makes the crowd get louder which will increase false starts and other penalties, and Give you a temporary ratings boost while your oppenents drop.

Like to hear what you guys think?
From many hundreds of games I've played in M10 and M08, I think the momentum part has been built in for quite some time. I'm not saying the system is perfect. But I've consistently seen differences in gameplay in situations were I was ahead by a lot at the half, VS just competing at the half.

If I'm right, then what you suggest only needs some refinement and an interface added to show players what state the momentum is in.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:27 PM   #4
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Yea the crowd getting loud with homefield would a nice add on somewhat. But that might online gameplay hard for people who play in other staduims. Hard to say wheather this idea would work are not.
Old 02-06-2010, 01:41 AM   #5

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by mburke2
I kinda like this idea. I'm not completely sold on the momentum portion of it but the crowd being a factor seems like a must to me. Crowds and home field advantage don't seem to play much of a role in the game as it stands so that's something I would like to see implemented. Loud crowds causing problems for the opposing O-line and QB (false starts, delay of game, QBs having a tougher time trying to audible) would be a good addition to the gameplay and would add a touch more difficulty and realism.
I agree that would definitely be a nice touch to the game and I think I would love it. I think crowd getting louder on 3rd and 4th downs become very important at times. You could be 4th & inches at your own 40 yard line and you decide to go for it but, it then becomes 4th & 15 because the O-line someone false started or missed the snap count and then is forced to punt. I like the idea of a crowd meter of some sort or just the commentator mentioning how loud the crowd is and could cause problems for the away team.

I'm not so sure about the momentum idea where you get a boost and your the other teams rating drops. The only thing realistic thing I can think of right now that should drop or rise in a momentum swing for a video game should only be awareness IMO. Unless someone can explain to me some more examples of the momentum swing in real life being placed correctly in a video game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2010, 02:27 AM   #6
Rookie

lilgame06's Arena

OVR: 3

yea, i mean its cool and all that you can pump the crowd volume up in the current and past few maddens, but there's no effect on the away team when u do so unless somehow someway, your opponent himself is actually distracted by it, which rarely happens...

i would like if they implement from ncaa football, where audibles are harder to make for the away team. If you make an audible, your quarterback should have to walk closer to the the receivers or linemen, or running backs to tell them the audible. maybe have the screen rattle slightly. false starts could be ok to have called more often if people make too many audibles during loud crowd noise. just little things like that would make it more like Sunday
Old 02-06-2010, 02:57 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

I just want there to be some sort of atmosphere. That's one thing that Madden lacks IMO.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 02-06-2010, 11:36 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
Yea the crowd getting loud with homefield would a nice add on somewhat. But that might online gameplay hard for people who play in other staduims. Hard to say wheather this idea would work are not.
it could be turned off during online play...or only used during franchise

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »